Worst Trends And Styles Of The Last 10 Years

sometimes i have this strange fear of those jumpers that schoolteachers wear sometimes...with the little apple pinned on it and stuff, worn with short boots... :ninja:

Originally posted by chickonspeed@Feb 21st, 2004 - 10:43 am
[QUOTE
then coated with vinyl. The logo is NOT painted on.

Just wanted to clarify.
Yeah, its printed, which is cheaper than painting :innocent:

I have heard from a friend who works in the trade that these bags are made in Spain, not France.

Originally posted by pinkmonkey@Feb 21st, 2004 - 10:24 pm
I have heard from a friend who works in the trade that these bags are made in Spain, not France.
This is not a secret in any way. LV produces stuff in Spain, and the stuff says "Made in Spain", it's not like they falsely label it "Made in France".

Originally posted by Dark Princess@Feb 21st, 2004 - 8:36 am

Gothic, except on very beautiful people (excuse the political incorrectness)
That reminded me of this one.

Going to a club and seeing someone with cheap corset back cleave showing. I don't think that many girls are waiting for them to stretch and fit properly. I think most of them buy corset-styled bustiers and aim to fool me. I'm not tricked. No siree, Bob.

Originally posted by chickonspeed+Feb 21st, 2004 - 10:43 am--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(chickonspeed @ Feb 21st, 2004 - 10:43 am)</div><div class='quotemain'> <!--QuoteBegin-CelineChic@Feb 19th, 2004 - 4:55 am
You know it's true because before LV became popular I RARELY saw woman with plastic brown purses with painted logos  :rolleyes:
Well, I have to admit I don't enjoy the Monogram Canvas purses too much anymore either but that's because I think most of the styles are boring (unlike the new Theda!).

Anyway, I was just going to defend LV and say that those bags are not made of "plastic." They are made out of a very durable canvas that has been woven with the monogram and then coated with vinyl. The logo is NOT painted on.

Just wanted to clarify. [/b][/quote]
It is only durable canvas because of the layers of plastic (vinyl) they put over it. The logos arent woven in, they are printed darkly so they'll be noticable over the coats of "vinyl" on the canvas. From what I hear the canvas layer is not even of natural fibers. The definition of canvas is "A fabric of coarse open weave". that coarse open weave could be made of any type of fiber.

Maybe you're right and my inside sources are wrong. Either way Everything is not as it appears to be. :o

I still think it is one of the worst trends in the past 10 years.

Originally posted by Jentlemen+Feb 12th, 2004 - 2:38 am--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Jentlemen @ Feb 12th, 2004 - 2:38 am)</div><div class='quotemain'> <!--QuoteBegin-Acid@Jan 18th, 2004 - 4:52 pm
any kinda revivals of

20's
30's
40's
60's
70's
80's
fashion is very cyclical, so i gotta disagree with that statement. Looks like this s/s collections are being influenced by the 20's and 50's [/b][/quote]
i have to agree. fashion recycles itself if you know it or not.

<span style='color:Purple'>one of the most recent fashion 'trends' that revolts me would be the uber short minis (they're cute.. when its warm out...) on fat chicks and pairing that with not just uggs... no- fake uggs, in all the pastel like colors... and then by wearing a hat.. do you think you look good? i mean really do you? they'll regret that....

and killing the image of flowers as an accessory... we should move on
</span>

Sweats, tracksuits, gangsta jeans, any large lettering on clothing, trucker hats, khakis, LaCoste anything, polo shirts, New Balance type sneakers. I'm sure I'm forgetting a few.

My top 5:

5) Overly retro looks. Fashion is a cycle, things come back after a while for a new audience. But when people take a past look, let's say, the 70s look, and wear it way too literally, it looks bad. Hiphuggers, bellbottoms and platforms all came back. They all looked cool.....when worn with current styles. If you wear a pair of low rider bellbottoms, platforms, a silk shirt unbuttoned half way and oversize sunglasses all in the same ensamble, you wind up looking more Garish pimp then Gucci girl

4) Uggs. Okay, they're comfortable, and mabye everybody doesn't agree with the idea that heels are a must. But why did people start incorperating it into outfits that should not have a pair of shapeless, sheepskin moon shoes?, I.E. A "vintage" tee, mini-skirt, denim jacket, trucker hat :sick:, aviator shades and uggs. My rule of thumb, if Paris Hilton is wearing it, it probably isn't a good thing.

3) To much sex. I am all for sexy fashion, I love mini-skirts, stilettoes, backless dresses, bare legs, low cut fronts..... But some people took it to far by doing it all at once, picture a crotch high dress with a low cut front, deep back, thin straps, and high heels. Not a pretty picture and not the kind of sexy anyone should want to go for.

2) Trucker hats. I didn't like them when they came out, I still don't like them. Personally, I do not like any sort of garment or accessory modelled after or inspired by truckers, trailer trash or the like. I know it sounds stereotypical, but damn Von Dutch for charging 40 some odd bucks for something you see plenty of in a truck stop diner.

1) Logo-Mania. Ok, let me just say, that logos work fine on a small handbag, and mabye even a shoe or two. Then John Galliano showed the Dior logo printed Denim for F/W 00. It was cute, a clever way of poking fun a the logo trend, but then rappers got a hold of it and ruined it for everyone else. Tracksuits, sneakers, hats, jewelry, cars, yes cars (Nelly had a car covered in the Gucci logo). And this can connect to an equally bad trend for the average person. To me, if you are paying thousands of dollars for a high fashion garment, it should not have labels all over it. To me, labels belong on the inside of everything excluding bags and mabye shoes. Growing up in a well to do area, I've seen many a person flaunt the fact that they have a designer label on them. It's beyond obnoxious to show that you can afford expensive clothes, and if you do, you do not deserve to be wearing them........

wigwam socks
pleather!
stirrup strectch pants
Platforms
the grunge look
baggy jeans
babydoll dresses
doc martens
parachute pants
cavaricci's

Originally posted by beki@Nov 27th, 2003 - 1:11 pm
*minimalsim, ugly and boring
I can't even begin to explain how distraught I am over this comment. :wacko:

Anyway, I think anything that has to do with the 80's will go down in history as some of the worst fashion trends.

The tommy hilfinger sweaters with a huge "H"

The trend didnt last very long. Too bad my mom spent 260$ on the sweater I wore twice :innocent:

Originally posted by Scott@Nov 25th, 2003 - 1:59 pm
4.Grunge-Flannel shirts,nasty unwashed jeans and skateboard sneakers is NOT rebellious nor is it cool.
:clap:

Originally posted by ooolaladelle@Feb 23rd, 2004 - 9:17 pm
<span style='color:Purple'>one of the most recent fashion 'trends' that revolts me would be the uber short minis (they're cute.. when its warm out...) on fat chicks and pairing that with not just uggs... no- fake uggs, in all the pastel like colors... and then by wearing a hat.. do you think you look good? i mean really do you? they'll regret that....

and killing the image of flowers as an accessory... we should move on
</span>
What an image you created!! Ewwwwwww! :sick: :sick: :sick:

Originally posted by luna@Mar 27th, 2004 - 10:36 pm
Hammer pants.

can't touch this!
LOL :wink: :wink: I think you are right!!! You cant touch that in terms of being horrid :sick: :sick:

Originally posted by ahhGucci+Feb 18th, 2004 - 6:10 pm--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(ahhGucci @ Feb 18th, 2004 - 6:10 pm)</div><div class='quotemain'> <!--QuoteBegin-slinky_vagabond@Jan 25th, 2004 - 10:46 pm
-metalic shoes

-fleece

-gore tex

-fake pearls

-the kelly osbourne look
Gore Tex?

:lol: hahahahahahahah!

Who wears gore tex? Ohh, I cant stop laughing, :rofl: :rofl:.
I have to wear goretex when I go on some feild training op, I think it is stupid to by it and wear it for regular everyday life. I mean, the stuff is made so it decomposes naturally over 10 years. If you keep the stuff for more than five years, It doesnt look the same, it goes mouldy like bread. Ohh well, thats enough military R and D for now. Ohh lordy, what a laugh.... :P [/b][/quote]
I see someone's never visited seattle....... :innocent:
In this odd alternate-reality, white socks and birkenstocks are completely socially acceptable and everyone owns at least one fleece, and by everyone I mean EVERYONE.

:lol: you'd have a heart-attack if you ever payed me a visit.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
treasureagence
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->