Worth Haute Couture F/W 10.11 Paris

ADLET

Reaction score
In his second couture season, Giovanni Bedin continued to preciously build on the house’s couture heritage with a group of ballerina-inspired dresses and coats.

What is this collection? Designer? Brand? I have never heard of it before.

The House of Worth was a leading Haute Couture Firm from the 1800's.
- I assume they are trying to revive their legacy. They definitely have the historical credibility.

Is this Worth like Charles Frederick Worth? wtf! It's wonderful but I really can't find the point here. Unless they justify this as an art thing, I really really find this pointless. However, if we think of this as pieces of art it's stunning.

wow... they're beautiful
i'm feeling a lot of mcqueen vibes
lovely construction

Absolutely beautiful, but almost too antique. It would be nice to try and take these ideas into the present.

Sorry, this qualifies as a historical costume study, not a couture collection that fits with anyones lifestyle in 2010. Regardless of the references that McQueen tapped into, these clothes do not communicate in any sense in what context they shall be worn. What a disappointment.

Sorry, this qualifies as a historical costume study, not a couture collection that fits with anyones lifestyle in 2010. Regardless of the references that McQueen tapped into, these clothes do not communicate in any sense in what context they shall be worn. What a disappointment.

Exactly what I wanted to say . These are relevant to the 1980s at best . There's something very old and costumey about it that is just not appealing at all .

while i see the costumey element..the black coat is pretty amazing

the 10th and 11th looks could be worn in todays world...i would :blush:

Interesting. I would like to see this on a person, it is beautiful but I understand the costume statement.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
redspot
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->