Would You Wear A T-shirt That Said ......

this is old. offensive shirts arent even offensive anymore, just obnoxious. coming to an urban outfitters near you.

I have the "Who TF is Prada" tee, which I find funny... I wouldn't have a problem to wear any of those shirts, I might have to feel like one of those named in order to wear them :lol:

By the way, I agree with Leyla, and I think this topic is getting out of hand, and it might lead to some fires that I don't want to see starting... Please lets keep it cool guys :order:

Hum ... I'm not sure about those tees ... I'd rather wear one like:
"I had a menage-a-cinq with Dean, Dan, Domenico & Stefano"
"I introduced Takashi to Marc"
"Replica wearers are so fake"
"I wore Acid-wash"
"See? Sandals and NO socks (write it down)"
..and I think in another thread I mentioned the "Ford is dead, long live McQueen" idea!

PS I remembe a Moschino campaign that read "Fashion victims of the world, unite"

Prince already brought up the Chapman brothers, but I immediately thought of them upon seeing this topic.

I'm not really interested in t-shirts that try to be shocking in this way. Sounds like a trend that would start off with $60 tee shirts and end up in Hot Topic. I'd rather wear something goofy or humorous.

And I believe that art critics often come from an art historical background.

Originally posted by Alejandro@Feb 22nd, 2004 - 4:47 am
I have the "Who TF is Prada" tee, which I find funny... I wouldn't have a problem to wear any of those shirts, I might have to feel like one of those named in order to wear them :lol:

By the way, I agree with Leyla, and I think this topic is getting out of hand, and it might lead to some fires that I don't want to see starting... Please lets keep it cool guys :order:
:order: :order: :order: :order: :order: :order: :order: :order: :order: :order: :order: :order:

Ale, did you just do jury duty or something! :innocent:

I also have the “Who the f*ck is Prada?” T-shirt and thought it was quite original and funny when it came out 3 or 4 years ago.

I have only worn it once, though. After a while it became really popular here in Denmark and Klaus then released other similar T-shirts like “Who the f*ck is Marc Jacobs?” Actually his other T-shirt designs were also quite popular back then, but I haven’t seen people wearing them much lately, which is understandable as they get a bit boring in the long run, IMO.

I actually find it quite surprising that his T-shirts apparently has gained popularity outside Denmark…

I'm also reminded of the Just Another Rich Kid line. You know, the "I F*cked Anna Wintour" and "I F*cked Paris Hilton" (among others) shirts.

Originally posted by micouture@Feb 20th, 2004 - 4:27 pm
Would you wear a T-sh*t that siad any of the following words?:

b*tch
c*nt
wh*re
Spick
Cracker
Goddamn
***hole
Bastard
Cocksucker
Fashionista
motherf*cker

And if the words were written in the same color as the shirt would you?

And if they were disguised further by using a hard to read font like old english would you?

If so which ones would you wear?
None of the above. But then, I don't wear sh*ts.

b*tch
c*nt
Goddamn
Cocksucker
Fashionista
motherf*cker

ya. id probally wear the above sayings.

the chrome hearts shirts that say 'f*ck you' on the back are cute.

Originally posted by tealady@Feb 22nd, 2004 - 8:55 pm
None of the above. But then, I don't wear sh*ts.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

the ol' Freudian slip, eh, Tealady? :innocent:

Originally posted by luna@Feb 23rd, 2004 - 12:25 am
The subject says "T-sh*t"...

:D
:lol: :lol: :lol: I didn't even notice that.

Tealady's an observant one, then!

Originally posted by HBoogie+Feb 23rd, 2004 - 12:26 am--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(HBoogie @ Feb 23rd, 2004 - 12:26 am)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-luna@Feb 23rd, 2004 - 12:25 am
The subject says "T-sh*t"...

:D
:lol: :lol: :lol: I didn't even notice that.

Tealady's an observant one, then![/b][/quote]
I try to look at the big picture. :wink: It looks like the Freudian slip occured quite early on and the topic title speaks for itself. :innocent: :lol:

All the time Strawberry - everytime is see this topic I cringe - Siad / Said - Sorry everyone for the numerous blatent spelling errors - I didnt pay attention in school - too busy drawing and thinking about cars and girls.

Thanks everyone for the replys to this topic ..it really gives me a better idea of what people think - sometimes us designers live in bubbles and we think some wacky idea is going to have mass appeal - so its good to have a sounding board.

:wink:

Originally posted by micouture@Feb 23rd, 2004 - 1:29 pm
sometimes us designers live in bubbles and we think some wacky idea is going to have mass appeal - so its good to have a sounding board.
by the way: a LOT of people find it nice to wear t-shirts with those stupid words.
that is the difference between the masses and the few elegant persons.

:lol: i wouldnt mind wearing a t shirt that says something 'funny'.
but the ones saying 'motherf*cker' and 'c*nt' arent my style....i mean, comeon, lets maintain some degree of individuality and modesty here...

how about "HEY HEY HEY!! you're stepping on my shadow!" <---exclusive saadzuberi print :woot: :woot:

how about a belt buckle that says...get this..'GUNS'..

wa-ha-ha-ha...been sitting at my desk all day, delirious, thinking about my cool friend Adam, and his awesome belt buckle...

i'm pretty surprised by that as well macchiom. i got the "Who the f*ck is Marc Jacobs?" myself, but i've never worn it. I'll pull it out of my closet in a couple of years i think though.

i got loads of silly ts with lines like "i gradiated with the best edumacation muny could bye." (mainly because i go to school with a bunch of retards who just get their dad to pay for everything :rolleyes: i really love wearing it to school). also got ts that said "got democracy?" and "fear is a weapon of mass destruction". but as with the mj t - i never really wear those.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nationalsalt
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->