WSJ Magazine Men's Style September 2014 : Pharrell Williams by Peter Lindbergh

The cover shot is the most unflattering photo of Pharell Williams I've ever seen. I think he actually looks beyond his age; like a baby-faced 50 something.

He looks older than we used to because the pic has barely any photoshop and B&W brings out every line and pore in your face. I think he looks closer to real life on this cover than in any other photoshoped editorial or candid where the flash from the camera is evening out every "imperfection".

Ph: Nathaniel Golberg
Styling: Robert Rabensteiner

Models: Matthew Avedon, Holly Rose Emery

online.wsj.com

UNBELIEVABLE cover story !
this is GOR-GEOUS !

First time I care for Pharrell W. in pictures. Did Lindbergh ever shot him before this spread?
The styling is perfect, i like the hat, the buttoned-up shirt with safety-pin access.
and the casual-chic attitude.
PW is beyond cute, here.
The pictures are perfect.
he looks so serious and successful and humble on the cover (not something i could spot in the whole editorial though).

thanks for the style timeline photos (i dont really care about the person, in general). i understand the fur pimp style - he did it irl. oh lord.

TBH, i might buy WSJ just for this. I never buy this newspaper. nor even care.
this comes with the sunday edition ?

I love that he doesn't look like we always see him. I appreciate a "perfect-looking" image as much as anyone, but sometimes it's nice to see what people REALLY look like. Either way, he is still beautiful.

Peter Lindbergh is too serious a photographer to take pictures of pharrell. He almost comes off as comic/ satiric.

I really love the cover. He's a beautiful man and they took full advantage of how serene and calm he can look; like he's a wise young sage :lol:. Kudos to WSJ for not doing anything with his skin texture, but of course he's a not a woman so it's okay :rolleyes:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
misslola
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->