Yohji Yamamoto Menswear S/S 2025 Paris

Damn… Who’s that guy with the buzzcut in the audience standing— that even the cameraman keeps zooming in instead of the show…???

(Yohji is Yohji. Same old same old at this point.)

Damn… Who’s that guy with the buzzcut in the audience standing— that even the cameraman keeps zooming in instead of the show…???

(Yohji is Yohji. Same old same old at this point.)
theo schmidt

After the past few Yohji shows (from Spring 2022 Womens till now), this feels comparatively basic. A lot less plays on silhouettes and textures. There’s some plays on prints but it feels subdued and less interesting compared to what we’ve been getting these last few shows.

he doesn't have to give up on what have been defining him. even if he tries to cast them away, it's impossible.
what he has to do is to fine-tune the engine constantly. especially when it's menswear.
this season may be the softest pour homme, coming near to YY femme in fabrics.
rather simple for him perhaps. creative nonetheless. ultimately common.

yohjiyamamoto_25ss_083.jpg
fashionpress

Nice prints, specially the ideograms (kanji? I'm ignorant).

The silhouettes feel so clean and livable. Humans wearing clothes instead of the opposite.

Black part in the middle is wonderful as usual. 🖤

This, however, can burn. That's pretty much how Rick Owens consumers dress in real life. T-shirts that go down to your knees or close, with your little capris? unforgivable.

not my favourite mens collection from him... i agree that there's less interesting cuts and silhouettes here than usual. i do believe womenswear is and always has been his true calling

Love it! Effortless and very Japanese. I wasn't loving some of the music though, maybe am not conversant with that genre.

I typically hate it when he slaps graphics and calligraphy on his clothes (so cheesy) but this is actually works for me.

It's a really beautiful collection.

i do believe womenswear is and always has been his true calling
He's one of the greatest menswear designers out there. Just take a look at Pour Homme fw 2014 ( which is not even his best men collection ). I know that you love cuts, silhouette, draping,...but menswear has never been about those factors

He's one of the greatest menswear designers out there. Just take a look at Pour Homme fw 2014 ( which is not even his best men collection ). I know that you love cuts, silhouette, draping,...but menswear has never been about those factors
i think he's an impeccable menswear designer lol, probably my favourite. i just don't think that this particular collection highlights his talents. it's very relaxed and subdued.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vseroff
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->