Yohji Yamamoto S/S 08 Paris

One thing is very noticeable in what's been posted so far - all the clothes seem to be very comfortable! Double dose of thanks to jelsoka! :flower:

:lol:

Not at all really !
Here are some more :flower:
24l4wa1.jpg

259eooz.jpg

sw2txt.jpg

eqxto0.jpg

35mpsab.jpg

wb8mx5.jpg

gettyimages

This is magnificent! Folding femininity :wub: :heart: ...

Thanks you Jelsoka, and without watermarks! :woot: :flower: ...

I like the prints - they are treated in a way that isn't at all serious, like a pantsuit. The huge silver balloon skirt I'm not too sure....and the CdG references. It's good that he sends out something different this time, but it isn't strong so far. Maybe I'll change my mind when I see more of it.

:shock:

Yohji is looking very mysterious indeed...:ninja:

I would like to see another pic of him.

Thanks all for the wonderful images....:heart:

^^ I wonder if the silver fabric is painted leather. The only look that makes me squirm uncomfortably is this one.

The dull color scheme is really a huge turnoff for me. I find most of the pieces insanely boring as well... :( I can't get into the designs.

So many beautiful pieces and shapes all around :heart:, it isn't nearly as captivating as his usual work but I can't say I'm disappointed.. the palette and those knots and chains in particular feel very classic Yohji to me, it's probably the floral part what turns me off a little, it reminds me of his LV prints of last season.. far from atrocious but still unnecessary.. I think he can make a very 2007 statement without playing with the obvious if not the worst of all trends.

:shock:

Yohji is looking very mysterious indeed...:ninja:

I would like to see another pic of him.

Thanks all for the wonderful images....:heart:

He is still the stylish man on earth, I go always to the last pics in the slideshowsat first just to see him, he's so inspiring.

I do like the floral prints. But must wait to give any judgement.

Thanks so much for the hq's :heart:

I don't love most of the prints but overall the collection is beautiful :wub: :crush:

Last edited by a moderator:
The master.

e6d44o.jpg

1zb9a4l.jpg

wireimage.com

Last edited by a moderator:
^^Agree with majority, the prints are just downright fillers this time...but his solid pieces are magnificent as always, the details, the ruched, the folds, the asymmetry, the exaggerated silhouettes, the knots, the layers, the styling, the hair...everything's classic Yohji, wish he'd lighten up a bit but like some of his older SS outings..and no one does slouchy rolled up trousers like he does:heart:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roller69
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->