Your Best & Worst Magazine Covers of 2018

Best
Vogue Portugal September: Crystal Renn by Branislav Simoncik

Worst
Vogue Japan April: Christy Turlington by Inez and Vinoodh (and more)

Best: Vogue UK December 2018 - SAFFRON. The only magazine I was very much eager to purchase this entire year.

Worst: Vogue UK February 2018... or shall I say, W Magazine? Ill never let this go.

BEST:
Vogue Germany February 2018: Anna Ewers (refreshingly old-school and clean)

WORST:
Vogue UK February 2018

Best: Vogue Arabia March 2018 (Iman & Imaan)

Worst (cover ever:( Vogue UK February 2018

Best: Vogue Paris June/July Edie Campbell by Mikael Jansson

Worst: Vogue UK February, it still gives me nightmares.

from models.com

Best:
1. Vogue Brazil, August with Grace Elizabeth. That close up portrait of Grace in just the right angle, Chanel gloves and jewelry, headwear, the blue background and the overall layout. All so perfectly put together. That cover had more Meisel magic than Meisel's December covers.
2. British Vogue, June with Cara. Again, a beautiful portrait of a beautiful girl with gorgeous combination of colors and ah, that headpiece that gave the cover such a vintage value. Classic glamurous Meisel.
3. Vogue Germany, July where I simply can't decide which cover I like more, whether it is Vittoria's stunning close-up, Mayowa's striking attitude or Fran's lovely beauty.

Worst:
1. British Vogue, February apart from having an awful picture with awful layout, the scandal of this cover was inexcusable and will probably hold the title of being the worst decision this magazine made in the whole decade.
2. American Vogue, May no comments. Amal deserved better.
3. American Vogue, November apart from it being a pretty awful photograph of Claire or the ugly layout, this issue marked Anna's 30 years in Vogue. 30 years! I didn't buy the issue so I don't know whether there was any mention about it but you'd expect such a major persona to give herself some credit and make this issue an instant classic. Instead. we got an instant tragedy and further proof that Anna's lost. (as if we needed any more)

I've got to add some honorable mentions here for some more stunning covers I can't go without mentioning: British Vogue, May where diversity didn't feel forced for once, Vogue Germany, July with that haunting black and white image of Edie, it was absolutely perfect. Arabian Vogue, March which became an instant classic and finally, Love #20 that marked the first time ever I simply loved Kendall's work as a model (or I simply liked her beauty, gorgeous cover nonetheless).

Last edited:
BEST:
L'Officiel Switzerland March - Carmen Dell'orefice - B&W timeless perfection

Vogue Portugal March - Barbara Palvin: a lot of people probably thought Barbara's Vogue cover days had passed, but she came back in such an unexpected way with an exquisite result - She had a Vogue cover, and walked Chanel and the VS show again - all as her healthy, curvy and natural self. That cover really cements her as one of the industry's truly show stopping beauties.

Vogue Thailand October - Gemma Ward - Gemma's back again in full force and this cover was such a special celebration of both her and Thai culture. Instantly collectable.

Harper's Bazaar Kazakhstan November - Jasmine Tookes - HB KZ has always been a forum favourite, but the Jasmine cover is pure 80s supermodel realness: big hair, strong face and head on.

WORST:

Harper's Bazaar USA September: CR's portfolios have gone from pleasantly kitsch to just tone deaf... we all love Bruce Springsteen but HB's authority to put him on the cover is questionable.

Thank you for starting this thread! Great idea :flower:
As for the Vogue covers of this year :

Best :

Vogue Poland March / Vogue Czechoslovakia October
Vogue Espana May / Vogue Germany November

Worst :

Vogue Paris October / Vogue Japan September
Vogue Germany December / Vogue Italia May

all pics from models

Oh my god ew! I totally forgot about that whole Kaia disaster of a cover

My most definite favourite is Vogue Portugal May 2018 with Debra Shaw by Dan Beleiu. What an epic image! I'm so glad I got it, and it was almost accidentally - a friend bought it for a friend, and I was supposed to pass it on, but I fell in love and kept it! :clap: Thank you, veljkonew!

(fashioneditorials.com)

Another favourite of mine: Harper's Bazaar Chile Summer 2018 with Anne V by Pedro Quintana. I love the sentiment here so much. That breeze, her eyes... Barely found someone to help me get it.

(fashioneditorials.com)

As per worst covers, there were too many. To name a few: US Vogue with Emily Blunt, Vogue Paris with Iselin Steiro, Vogue Germany with Anja Rubik (December), US Bazaar with Bella Hadid, Vogue Italia with Kaia Gerber...

The best one was Karolina Kurkova as Kiki de Montparnasse for Vogue Czechoslovakia Sept. 2018
The worst one was Gigi Hadid's blackface for Vogue Italia

Worst:

[URL='http://imgbox.com/OIf3WRSa'] [/URL]

Si8jzh4z_t.jpg

u8pvoAC2_t.jpg

w4CY73XD_t.jpg

Pinterest, Famousfix, Marie Claire

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member