Zuhair Murad Couture F/W 10.11 Paris

Some very pretty dresses. There are 1 or 2 that I would love to have.

pretty awesome..the Lebanese designers have sucessfuly taken over from where Valentino left

I absolutely adore this collection. Is this aesthetic something common with Lebanese designers? Because like others have said, it looks almost identical to some Elie Saab designs.

I'm glad at least someone made them though, since Saab didn't touch on this aesthetic much in his own collection this season.

I absolutely adore this collection. Is this aesthetic something common with Lebanese designers? Because like others have said, it looks almost identical to some Elie Saab designs.

I'm glad at least someone made them though, since Saab didn't touch on this aesthetic much in his own collection this season.

Yes, VERY VERY common. Seems like i'm the only one that is not a fan of this aesthetic...its too much for my taste...

it's definitely the lebanese aesthetic..started by saab I assume? some of them do it beautifully and some are just plain tacky.

So Awesome!!!

Love all the looks... especially that look before the final... it's just look cool

The whole collection looks as if it was created by angels. Very expensive and delux!

this is so romantic and sweet it makes my teeth rot :D

but yes, it's very pretty.

It's all quite beatiful, rich and luxurous but it's too close to Elie Saab.

This collection is beautiful. Extremly feminine and opulent, very much like Elie Saab. But I think Elie Saab's draping is better. The crowns that some of the models are wearing makes it seem just a little too much in some places. I really like this collection as a whole.

pretty awesome..the Lebanese designers have sucessfuly taken over from where Valentino left

I agree before he retired Valentino and Elie Saab were pretty much the only one who did extreme femininity, Valentino's was not as over the top as Elie or Zuhair's collections. But Im glad that we can still see this type of clothing for a mautre woman. Although I think Zuhair's woman is a bit younger than Elie Saab's

I almost feel like this is trying so hard to be Elie Saab that it's ridiculous. I hope this comment isn't taken the wrong way, but I'm receiving the impression that he decided to put seas ruffles and sequins to cover all the plain spots because he didn't know what else to do with them.

wonderful fabric and materials, great outlines, a good thing for high fashion...but i don't know why, i don't like it !!!!

Very pretty, feminine, delicate.
It's definitely similar to Elie Saab's work, particularly from his 2006 collections.
And some of the dresses remind me of certain Valentino styles, such as this dress with the roses at the bottom.
zuhairmurad26.jpg
h0kg2myb9u49wwdoquk0.jpeg

wwd.com
flickr/callmewanda

Last edited by a moderator:
Every element of this is too much; too many ruffles, too many sequins

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WesleyWong