Addicted to buying fashion magazines, who has the same problem??

To quote Rachel Green; "I buy 30 fashion magazines a month, but have no idea who runs the country". :lol::P

Aw i do the exact same thing, and its sort of freaky how much i remember little details about what went down when i bought it, where i was, with whom.etc

Yes S, true love is that way...:heart: :wink: And I often turn off the news or economic reports to put on Lagerfeld Confidential or fashion show videos- much more meaningful than politics and world news...It is beyond!! B) :lol:

Mags are hard to resist when you live in the middle of nowhere. If I don't get at least one or two a week I get so bored, but then I just come on tFS for a while. Editors, publishers, dealers, etc. rely on people like us. Even though they look at us weird when we come up with 5 mags at once, they are jumping for joy inside. :lol:

haha i love when i go to buy a foregin mag and the checkout people are like.. do you speak japanese? do you know this is $20 dollars. i'm like , yes. i do.

haha i love when i go to buy a foregin mag and the checkout people are like.. do you speak japanese? do you know this is $20 dollars. i'm like , yes. i do.

Oh yeah I get that too sometimes... and then the Do you know you have two of these? I get that all the time. Uh... yeah I do :doh:

:lol:

I get a lot of those comments from Borders but not from specialty stores like Kinokuniya or Europa.

omg,they do that to me too!! "wow 15$!" no one gets it.

anyway,not as addicted as i used to be. i used to buy at the very least about 7 per month(up to 15-20 if some were even available,not to mention subscriptions)....lately though i've mostly been focusing on specific pubs like i-D,D&C,Another,V...and some of the special pubs like A magazine. i tend to focus more on in-depth content whereas before if i saw one tiny image or words of something or someone i admired i would buy it.

My cure has been to subscribe to the biggies- Vogue US, Elle, Bazaar, Interview, W, and then pile them up since when I'm working I never get to them for a week or two...That way, when I see cool ones in the store, I say I have 15 at home I haven't looked at yet- so I talk myself out of buying more...Works with the Us, People, Star trash, too... :huh:

I'm also a magazine addict, not just fashion magazines as I just started with collecting them but also all this celebrity gossip magazines. I just love to look at them and cut things out. I have a huge clippings collection of so many different celebrities.

yeah my friends are always like I cant
believe you spent that much money for that "book":rolleyes:(I never understood why they call it a book,but it makes it seem more than what it is:lol:)...they also ask me where i get them from as if I go to some special place to find these...I brought Lula #8 to school and none of them had heard of it
but they loved it:blush:...most of them dont know how to act when they see
a naked model..the girls are appalled and the guys get happy:lol:

I completely relate and will probably end up in the poor house from buying so many of them on a very tight budget!!!

Does anyone buy the newsstand copy when their subscriber copy has yet to arrive??????? I always do this and end up with two of everything each month because my subscriber's copies take forever to come in the snail mail...my friends think I'm cuckoooo...and impatient!!!!!!

Oh yeah I get that too sometimes... and then the Do you know you have two of these? I get that all the time. Uh... yeah I do :doh:

:lol:
I get that aswell, but on the other side, did it ever happen that you were buying so many mags they forgot to charge some?

It happened twice this year to me.:lol: I would grab bunch of magazines at once, totally clueless in the middle of the conversation with a girlfriend pay for it, and then when i got home, i would realize they didnt charge US Vogue lol. BEST feeling EVER, lololol.:mohawk: :shifty: :lol:

^it already happened to me once ... in sept. ...
... Dazed&Confused

some people said they've stolen magazines ... i've done this in my earlyteens ... teen magazine and l'officiel 1000 modèles (it used to cost 100fr. = less than 15€) after that (i've grown up) and used to change the price sticker ...
in my magazine dealer all the foreign magazines are at the same place ... they are organized alphabetical (except all the vogues and elle and glamour from different country ... at eyes height) ... AND they didn't 'price-coded' the magazine with the machine (they just looked the price tag)

so i used to take a us glamour or something even cheaper (around 4-4.5 €) and stick the price tag on Another Magazine or iD or Dazed (anything expensive) .... i've done this quite a long time ...

til my bf told me they had a video camera right on the international press .... !! :rolleyes::o:lol:
and now eventhough they forgot to stick the price tag, they add the price with a pencil .... and use the machine ....

i haven't done this for every magazine ...
but i'm sure i saved something like 100-150€ like this ....
:ninja:

Does anyone buy the newsstand copy when their subscriber copy has yet to arrive??????? I always do this and end up with two of everything each month because my subscriber's copies take forever to come in the snail mail...my friends think I'm cuckoooo...and impatient!!!!!!

i always do that with US bazaar! haha, then i cut up the newstand one and save the subs cover

You mean some people don't buy two copies!!?? :o I mean some have mailing labels :smile:yuk:smile: and you always need a spare to cut pictures and ads out of- right?? :huh:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JanEscher
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->