Amanda Moore

^ Same for me too..it kills me to see her still looking so, so gorgeous and still seeing her pictures on the IMG board..i wonder why she's here anyway..years have passed without new works..just rumours of it. Well, I am sure there's a reason..waiting to find it out ^_^:heart:

Is it pointless to revive this thread? It's so.... dead..... Oh wait, there's nothing to talk about anymore. She's probably done with modeling AND music. She ain't what she used to be. Laters.

^ It's true, there's not much going on right now. But Amanda is a model I feel personally enough about to want to follow throughout her career, even if it's non-fashion...I can't say that about many models! That's just my personal bias. She's young yet and no doubt trying to evolve into the next best thing for her. In our incredibly rapidly changing times, I hope there will be many opportunities for a woman as charismatic as she is. Reinventing themselves as they grow older is a challenge that all our models face, and I'm sure Amanda will succeed in her own way...just hoping we get a glimpse of it.

^ At least I succeeded in what I was going for. Get a reaction. How do you know she's trying? There's no news whatsoever. Who's gonna tell me she hasn't burried her dream of being a musician? It's a hard world, I know that much. To me it seems, and that is just my personal observation, that she has become introverted, thinking the worst of people. That's what I meant with "she ain't what she used to be". Remember her being radiant and self-confident? I don't see that anymore. Nor does she talk much about the modeling or the music.

I do wish to see Amanda modeling still of course, but I can only hope that she's happy with her life.

I don't think I'll ever stop being a fan of her work because she was an amazing model. :smile:

^ At least I succeeded in what I was going for. Get a reaction. How do you know she's trying? There's no news whatsoever. Who's gonna tell me she hasn't burried her dream of being a musician? It's a hard world, I know that much. To me it seems, and that is just my personal observation, that she has become introverted, thinking the worst of people. That's what I meant with "she ain't what she used to be". Remember her being radiant and self-confident? I don't see that anymore. Nor does she talk much about the modeling or the music.

I don't know that she's trying, it just seems likely. It's a long hard slog when you leave one realm of accomplishment for another; you're constantly breaking new ground. I hear ya Evenstar, it'd be nice if she gave signs of life, but the minute she comes out with new work - like anyone with any degree of celebrity - she's going to get criticized (if I recall correctly, people on this very forum talked abundant sh*t when she first put her music on MySpace), and maybe she isn't ready yet. I hope she hasn't buried any dreams. My personal experience of her is extremely limited but she does seem to me to be a person who was born to be watched, in a sense. And of course as a gay girl I love being her fan. The new generation of gay or thought-to-be-gay models doesn't do much for me (ok, I just betrayed my age group). I would totally understand if Amanda just wanted to live her life peacefully and out of the limelight, but for my own personal sake I hope she's got a lot of stage time coming.

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't know that she's trying, it just seems likely. It's a long hard slog when you leave one realm of accomplishment for another; you're constantly breaking new ground. I hear ya Evenstar, it'd be nice if she gave signs of life, but the minute she comes out with new work - like anyone with any degree of celebrity - she's going to get criticized (if I recall correctly, people on this very forum talked abundant sh*t when she first put her music on MySpace), and maybe she isn't ready yet...

When you make something public on myspace, of course, you're gonna get criticized. Which isn't always bad. I hope she sees that too. She still has a choice there: Use it to get better and work on it or just not care. (whichever, it's all good :smile:) I did send her a message on myspace back then about those 3 songs. Love the melody & music of all 3. Lyrics not so much. She could work on that and get better. I guess that's why she took those other 2 songs down. I do hope we get to her more someday...she has talent. I wouldn't know where to begin to write a song.

(sending you some karma)

Amica (IT) November 2002
Instinto Maschile

scanned by me

I forgot I was even subscribed to this thread so you can imagine my surprise when I saw a new post. Thanks so much for the scans psylocke, I've never seen that editorial in such good quality! Do you happen to have any other editorials of her?
It also made me realize just how much I miss Amanda ... :(

You're welcome!
Haha, I kind of thought I'd probably get some people's hopes up when posting this seeing as how there hadn't been a new post in almost a year :shock:
I'm currently in the process of going through all of my old magazines and I hope I will find more shots of Amanda though I don't think I have anything that hasn't been posted yet. But I'll definitely post whatever I scan anyway. I doubt anyone cares if it's a repost in a thread that has zero activity :lol:
It's a shame she vanished completely, I hope she will make a comeback someday, too.

^Yes, please, post away :D I miss her so much it's not even funny :/ She was one of the very best!!! Thank you so much for these scans ^_^

As promised, a little HQ scans pic spam. Enjoy! :flower:

Vogue Italia May 2003

Ads:

F/W 2002-2003

Franco Biasia (actually not sure if that is really her), Nicole Farhi

S/S 2003

D&G, Neiman Marcus, Nicole Farhi

scanned by me

F/W 2003-2004

Aquascutum, Armani Collezioni, iBlues (Love this, Amanda, Liliana and Maja L all in one shot, divine!), Nicole Farhi, Pinko, Plein Sud, Tommy Hilfiger

S/S 2004

Valentino Roma

scanned by me

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
turnipcookie
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->