Dirt Cheap Designer Scores

Burberry Prorsum cashmere coat
Retail: $1595
Paid: $160
WOW!!!! That is an awesome deal!!!!

My best score was a Fendi merino wool scarf that I got for free at a garage sale..B) and a bunch of Marc Jacobs shirts for $50

What a great thread! I try to never pay retail if I can help it!
I bought a CDG dress (retail $1100+) for $125. I bought Narciso Rodriguez oxfords from yoox for only $84 (with coupon code) that originally retailed for $500+. Armani and Cazabet heels ($500+) for around $130 each. Pucci pants for $25! Tocca pants for $5 (lmao). My $1,100 Be&D purse for just over $400 (I get a ton of compiments for it!). A CDG t-shirt for my brother for $45 on ebay. A ton of DVF stuff for about 75% off of retail. A Theory $400 cashmere sweater for $120. Miu Miu shoes, blouses, and skirts for just over $100 each. Marc Jacobs wallets & shoes for over 60% off; a lot of BCBG, MBMJ, Alice + Olivia, Chaiken, Tibi, and Nanette Lepore for a fraction of their retail price. Margiela separates for under $100.
I also own a ton of designer denim, none of which was ever purchased at the full retail price (I would never pay $250 for jeans, but I will certainly buy those $250 jeans at $75 or even lower!).
Most of my designer stuff has been attained through surreptitious methods such as these: yoox, Bluefly, great online sales - shopbop, revolve, etc, sample sales, lucky strikes at luxury dept. stores, Century 21 (if you are patient & dig), Loehmann's (same), ebay, etc.
I almost scored a pair of Ann D shoes for $100 (monamoore.com) but waited too long & missed out. :(

Last edited by a moderator:
great finds everyone! I shop this way too since Canadian prices are jacked up, not to mention the high taxes (at least it has finally lowered the past year).

-MBMJ cami for $15 (marked as $325...talk about markups)
-See by Chole sleeveless tee $20 (from $165)
-Prada keychain $15 (from $150-200)
-Development pants $20 (from $250)
-Juicy Cami $23 (marked as $98)
-Mike & Chris fleece vest $45 (from $225)
-Burberry Sunglasses $35 (from $200+)
-Burberry kitten heel slides $50
-Pedro Garcia pointed toe slingbacks $78 (from $325)
-Miu Miu flats $115 (from $375)
-Repettos $40 (from $250)

that's about all i can think of so far....not as good of a deal as some of you guys though! I'm not a thrift/consigment/second hand shopper and I hate shopping online..so this is the best I could do so far in-store.

Betsey Johnson beaded slip. Retail $130. Paid $6
Dior Lingerie Retail $130-$340 Paid $10
Marc by Marc Jacobs sandals Retail $200 Paid $10

^ woahh where did you find that?
great steals everyone! you must let me in your guys' secrets!

^ITA! Designer scores for $10 or less?!!! You're amazing Ilkish!

I think bargain hunting requires being at the right place at the right time. It takes time to hunt through bargain racks. Discount stores, Warehouse/Sample sales, Consignment/Thrift Stores, Online (Bluefly, Yoox, ebay) are typical places to start.

Obviously you can't be too snobby and be the type that would never wear 'last season'. You need patience to dig through racks of old, sometimes damaged clothing. You need an open attitude where you're not really looking for something in particular...as you probably won't find what you want. It's actually more fun to find something unexpected, I feel victorious after a bargain :D

okay, sorry but no prada flat pictures are forthcoming. i decided to return them, even though they were a great bargain. they kept slipping off my heel.

and i love nordstrom rack. i went again this past weekend and was surprised to find all new things from a few weeks ago. i guess they get shipments in fairly regularly..? (psst...aldn, any tips for finding the really good deals at your store??)
We get shipment everyday except sunday and monday. my store is fairly small and considered not to be in the best of neighborhoods. in southern california the best racks to hit but btw are a lot more messier are south coast plaza, howard hughes, and topanga. scp and topanga have designer shops where you can purchase last seasons merchandise at about 60 to 75% off. And when i say designer I mean chole, dolce and gabanna, marc jacobs, proenza; etc. We get merchandise two ways through our full priced stores markdowns and special purchase, which pretty much is the same way marshalls or whatever other discounters obtain their merchandise. It's always cheaper when it comes directly from the full price store. Shoes are cheapest when they say worn and refinished. Ferragamos for 70 bucks! hello!:lol: I'm waiting for some marni shoes to be marked down further. they're 149 with 50 percent off right now. the second they say 65 i'm going in for the kill!:ninja:

Yesterday at Filene's I got a lovely Temperley dress for 16 dollars. The original tag said it retailed for 920 dollars!! I also found the white one shoulder dress that was in Kate Moss's Topshop collection for 9.95! It was a lovely day:smile:

Missoni grey wool scarf
Retail: $200+
Pay: $50

Missoni red wool scarf
Retail $200+
Pay: $50

Missoni silk zebra print scarf
Retail: somewhere around $100 i think
Pay: $15

Prada black buffalo leather bag
Retail: in the upper hundreds i think
Pay: $150

You guys find the most fantastic stuff!! :smile:

I live in Canada, and it's much harder to get deals like that here :( The only *cheap* designer item I bought that comes to mind is a Vivienne Westwood white waist-high skinny skirt. But that was purchased in NYC at Century 21 :smile: For about $80.

when people from cruises come into nordstrom rack they spend a ton of money. it's insane.

more i remembered
oscar de la renta sunglasses
retail: upper 200s
pay: $10

alot of bcbg zipups
retail- $160 each
pay- $22
i never find anything good at nordstorm's rack, i always look at tj. maxx, filiene's basment, or burlington

hmm off the top of my head i can remember
-margiela artisanal shirt $20, resale store
-cdg boiled wool/nylon filament blazer $49, resale store
-issey miyake drk green patchwork blazer $15, resale store
-80s issey miyake baggy oversize plaid shirt $14, consignment store
-costume national reversible jacket $20, housing works
-2 yohji pants $20 each, housing works
-undercover felt blazer w/built in scarves $35, consignment store
-issey miyake spraypainted linen tie $19, off 5th
-lucien pellat-finet-3 cashmere sweaters, 2 tees, 3 pants, total $250, loehmann's
-1998 cdg asymmetrical wool cape thing $99 (has $480 barneys tag), consignment store

I think I'm going to move to America just to be able to shop at Nordstorm Rack! I'm so envious of all you super cheap designer purchases

possibly the best 'designer score' i've gotten is a silk square hermes scarf.. when i worked in boston someone left it in the dressing room, never claimed so i figured it deserved some love and it wasn't getting it in a drawer full of markers and discount stickers.

i'd love to post it and for someone to identify it.. where could i do that?

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dima77
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->