Dirt Cheap Designer Scores

^Right here! Or in the Hermes thread, or scarf thread in Accessories??

possibly the best 'designer score' i've gotten is a silk square hermes scarf.. when i worked in boston someone left it in the dressing room, never claimed so i figured it deserved some love and it wasn't getting it in a drawer full of markers and discount stickers.

i'd love to post it and for someone to identify it.. where could i do that?

wow!! You definitely deserve it over someone who would just leave it and not claim it:smile: Congrats. Someone left some Chanel sunglasses where I work and I was able to have them after no one got them :smile:

I'm not sure I'd call it 100% designer...

But a Dillard's department store closed here and I got some cool dresses...

Flower dress from Betsey Johnson (below) - it's a sort of acquired taste, I know... but there's just something about it :heart:

Retail: $298.00
Paid: $14.99

ddfa.jpg

And some other BJ dresses that retailed around $400.00. Another sexy strapless sequin dress that retailed for over $400... $14.99.

wow! I havent bought anything designer for so cheap. Except that I bought Hugo Boss dress on sale.

J Brand Jeans $70

Missoni Sunglasses 10 pounds

Dries Silk Skirt $120

and a few others but nothing too specatular.

Where do you get these crazy prices

It's not easy. And it doesn't happen every time (or even close to).

But if you look around alot (especially in NYC) - and keep looking - it's possible.

Its a rare thing - but it happens.

Where do you get these crazy prices

check stores like nordstorm's rack, t.j. maxx, filene's basement, burlington coat factory, marshall's.... sometimes you just get lucky and find the stuff on clearance but just keep looking at places like these. they only sell designer stuff for cheaper prices

i dont know if this is considered dirt cheap...but I bought an Alexander McQueen shirt for 100 euros and the original price was 350 euros

I recently got some gorgeous Burlington silk tops. Two for 10€ that originally retailed for 199€ and one for that 15€ which used to be 249€. You can imagine how absolutely thrilled I was, also considering that they fit me perfectly.

I'm not a fashion expert but I was in St. Louis and was searching in some vintage shops and found some great Michael Kors pumps for $20, but I didn't end up buying them. I also found a YSL blazer for $350, but i didn't know if that was a good price or a terrible one. I'm sure they are still there if you live there or are going there soon and are interested. I found other designer pieces like a dress made for Jackie O. for $200 but I have forgotten the name of the designer, and the other pieces as well.

i bought a great dolce & gabbana dress at tj maxx the other day for $49..
and then i got an extra 20% off with my aunt's associate discount.. woohoo! :woot:

it's a red houndstooth high-waisted skirt with an attached white blouse...

i'll try to post a pic when i sort out some camera/comp issues...

that reminds of some d&g jeans they had! i know they don't have them anymore! darn!

Marc Jacobs wedges Retail: 350 with tags from a salvation army 3$
Dior sunglasses s/s 2006 for 6$
Ben Sherman wool coat 78$ from 450$
Betsey Johnson bag 6$

Sophia those purchases on the Betsey Johnson bag MJ wedges, and Dior Sunglasses are INSANE! I'm terribly jealous.

some things I have bought:

Y-3 pants - 6$
D&G shoes - 70$
Marc Jacobs jacket - 6$
Marc by Marc Jacobs sweater - 40$
D&G and a YSL shirts - 6$
2 Just Cavalli jeans - 10$
Acne Jeans - 4$
uniqlo jeans - 4$
and some Japanese labels shirts that worth like 90$ each, and I got them for 3 or 4$

:>

chloe blouse
retail: $800+
paid: $89 + tax

burberry red patent 'manor'
retail: $1,300+
paid: $176 + tax

3.1 philip lim leather bomber jacket
retail: $600+
paid:$299 + tax

tori burch leather boots
retail: $300+