Doc Martens

drmartensscosmic.png

i made these with photoshop , so they don't really exist , :( but many people like them , so what do you think ? should i send these to dr. martens company ?

those are rad! I wanted to buy a pair until I read the bottom of the page!

One thing I didn't know about Doc Martens is that this year is either it's 50th or 60th anniversary (I think it's their golden (50th) anniversary). As for those celestial boots, fallie, those are pretty cool of a concept. There was an old thread in the Trend Spotting forum about celestial prints. Those celestial print Doc Martens would be pretty cool.

I tried to post this earlier, but my browser was super-slow delivering this post.

My favorite boots. I can rely on them any time. I have a pair of black ones (six years old) at the moment and they still look incredible.

Noticed a recent Dr. Martens collaboration with Sanrio, celebrating Sanrio's 50th anniversary. A series of Hello Kitty inspired boots are released:

drmartenssanrio7.jpg

drmartenssanrio1.jpg

All images from Monday Flying

Last edited by a moderator:
I've mentioned in the Doc Martens Revival thread about other Dr. Martens. Dr. Martens wants to make not only tough shoes, but also chic shoes with Dr. Martens toughness. I noticed these when I blogged about Dr. Martens shoes. I mean, not all Dr. Martens are the 1460-style boots. You have Dr. Martens sandals, mary janes, oxfords, loafers, even some chic Dr. Martens boots. Look up the Chelsea boots and even the Darcie boots. I guess the real merit of a shoe company is to translate your style perfectly in all kinds of shoes. They do have some nicely-styled chic shoes as opposed to the iconic 1460-type boots.

I purchased my first ever pair of doc martens in december and I am in love <3 a black pair of 1460s. My mum was horrified when I got them,fearing that they weren't feminine enough,however I like to think that I've proved her wrong as they are amazing with 'girlie' dresses etc. When I first wore them they were so painful,and even though I think I've pretty much broken them in now,the 'tongue' is still quite stiff. Any advice of how to soften them up? Does it just happen naturally with wear?

honestly. wear them in the rain. that usually does it. I jump in puddles!

I'll definetly be trying that! They are getting more comfortable with each wear,just the toungue doesn't seem to be softening. I really want to buy a second pair,I think I'm going to become obsessed!

omg its soo easy. Im kind of embarrassed about how many I have.

I think I've decided that I want to buy a pair of the floral docs on pay day next week!! I say I think,I'm quite tempted by a pair of cherry reds...maybe I'll get them on Julys pay day!

has anyone seen or worn the tall 25 hole ones that are over the knee? i believe they are a agyness deyn collab. i saw limi feu wearing them and it looked like they are leather and stretch. looked great with a long shirtdress.

I :heart: my Docs. I had wanted this design for years and finally got them about 4 years ago. They are gorgeous and fit my style perfectly, but they're so. Freaking. Uncomfortable!! It's gotten to the point where I'd rather just not wear them, so they're collecting dust in my shoe closet. Do you have any tips to break them in? I've worn them plenty of times and they still hurt so much.

I have these by the way:
images

modcloth.com

Its rare enough for me to spot a pair of 20 hole Doc's but over the knee ones? Very interesting although I doubt I'll see any on the streets around where I live.

As for breaking Doc's in, thats one of the problems I'm having and have been with a particular pair (I have two) that I've owned for around 2 years now.

They are the kind with the steel insert toecap, basically gives the toe a raised appearance over the "standard" style. Anyway, I've had these for some time and have tried wearing them but no matter what I do, including 3 pairs of hiking socks, they always end up skinning my feet which is rather painful! As for the other pair, I never had much trouble, after a couple of weeks, I could walk a few miles in them. So perhaps there's what people in an industry would call "production variation" going on?

I've seen Docs with side zips as well. Hmm not sure what to make about those...

So perhaps there's what people in an industry would call "production variation" going on?

I've seen Docs with side zips as well. Hmm not sure what to make about those...

try buying the made in england version of the docs instead of the chinese made ones. they have a guarantee on them. if they dont break in -return them.

I had a great pair of green ones but someone stole them off my porch the day before yesterday!!!! :(:angry:

^^how rude!!!
why did you leave them on your porch?!...

yohji did some cute looking ones with a zip up the back this season...
i keep thinking about them...
the zip just seems like such a convenience...
i'm not always a fan of a lace up or buckle up boot that has a zip...
sort of seems a bit like cheating or something...
:P
but with a boot like a doc, it fits and actually seems pretty cool to me...

:blush: Very embarrassed - Docs located, buried under clothing in a laundry basket. We've just moved into a new and bigger place so all is thrown asunder. The reason I left them on the porch is that we don't wanna wreck our new floor. :lol::lol: In our old place we always left our shoes on inside and stomped around, so we're trying to break that habit.

The Yohji ones sound amazing! I'll have to google.

Am on my way to the UK for 3 weeks the day after tomorrow, so I'll be in "The land of the Docs." Might have to snaffle a new pair. :wink:

EDIT: These are GORGEOUS, but limited to 16 pair in all of Canada? WHY? :(

http://www.stylenotes.ca/2013/02/yohji-yamamoto-partners-with-dr-martens-on-exclusive-spring-2013-collection/

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
treasureagence
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->