Ford Supermodel of the World 2008

the winner looks quite marketable actually the entire group looks like todays top faces i guess they went with the most saleable of the lot.
I noticed though that the winners dont really do much, the semi finalists always end up becoming more successful than them look at Chanel Iman, Ajuma, Delfine B,...

How many of these models hav had any success?

Supermodel of the World Titleholders1981 Annette Stai Norway
1982 Renée Simonsen Denmark
1983 Katherine Ahnell Sweden
1984 Carrie Miller United States
1985 Caron Bernstein South Africa
1986 Monika Schnarre Canada
1987 Celia Forner Spain
1988 Anuschka Muzik Czechoslovakia
1989 Synne Myreboe Norway
1990 Anneliese Seubert Australia
1991 Daniela Benavente Chile
1992 Tricia Helfer Canada
1993 Georgia Goettmann Germany
1994 Veronica Blume Spain
1995 Anna Marie Cseh Hungary
1996 Leanne Spencer Canada [1]
1997 Diana Pereira Portugal
1998 Katie Burell United Kingdom
1999 Alyssa Kealy Australia
2000 Margarita Babina Russia
2001 Asta Buziliauskaitė Lithuania
2002 Dari Maximova Germany
2004 Nataliya Gotsii Ukraine
2005 Camila Finn Brazil
2006 Katsiya Damankova Belarus
2007 Sanne Nijhof Netherlands
2008 Kang Seung-Hyun South Korea

wow the only girls on that list I know of who have made a splash were Nataliya and Camila.. and eventhen, supermodel title is a bit of a stretch

^ Renee Simonsen, Monica Schnarre, Tricia Helfer, Nataliya and Camila all have made a splash...

here are more images from
www.fashionwiredaily.com

binary_show.weml

binary_show.weml

binary_show.weml

binary_show.weml

binary_show.weml

binary_show.weml

Last edited by a moderator:
the winner looks quite marketable actually the entire group looks like todays top faces i guess they went with the most saleable of the lot.
I noticed though that the winners dont really do much, the semi finalists always end up becoming more successful than them look at Chanel Iman, Ajuma, Delfine B,...

How many of these models hav had any success?

Supermodel of the World Titleholders1981 Annette Stai Norway
1982 Renée Simonsen Denmark
1983 Katherine Ahnell Sweden
1984 Carrie Miller United States
1985 Caron Bernstein South Africa
1986 Monika Schnarre Canada
1987 Celia Forner Spain
1988 Anuschka Muzik Czechoslovakia
1989 Synne Myreboe Norway
1990 Anneliese Seubert Australia
1991 Daniela Benavente Chile
1992 Tricia Helfer Canada
1993 Georgia Goettmann Germany
1994 Veronica Blume Spain
1995 Anna Marie Cseh Hungary
1996 Leanne Spencer Canada [1]
1997 Diana Pereira Portugal
1998 Katie Burell United Kingdom
1999 Alyssa Kealy Australia
2000 Margarita Babina Russia
2001 Asta Buziliauskaitė Lithuania
2002 Dari Maximova Germany
2004 Nataliya Gotsii Ukraine
2005 Camila Finn Brazil
2006 Katsiya Damankova Belarus
2007 Sanne Nijhof Netherlands
2008 Kang Seung-Hyun South Korea

i know of the aussies, that they both had good careers. Anneliese is still modelling and was fairly big internationally in the early 90s. Alyssa Kealy was also modelling internationally for a while.

Hyoni is the big winner...those other girls came in second, third etc etc and were also given contracts at Ford. I for one am happy that Hyoni won...I think she's bubbly and very beautiful and am interested to see her more. Perhaps she'll do NYFW next month?

Too bad for Cecile :(

indeed :cry:

The first time an asian won, and about time too! :smile:
However, I personally don't think she should have won, just not special enough.

I like Australia, Carbibean, Dominican Republic, Ecuador, Ireland, Kenya, Korea, Lithuania, Panama, Peru, Puerto Rico, Russia, Spain, Sri Lanka, United Kingdom and United States.

Lithuanian model was 3rd i even didn't know
it is pretty good

Congrats to Hyoni! It's about time an Asian won! I preferred some of the other contestants, but she has a nice, bubbly personality and I think her COACD shot was the best of the bunch. I'm looking forward to seeing more. ^_^

good for her

what's a difference between let's say 300 000 contract and 100 000? is it their salary?

The only one who is close to a supermodel is Renee Simonsen - the first one on the list. She was on the cover of numerous American Vogues and Elles back in the day...

Korea¡¯s First Ford Supermodel Winner Speaks Out
clear.gif
200801210015_00.jpg
"People here says I'm 'beautiful' or 'perfect.¡¯ I never thought so in Korea. All the praise makes me feel I'm pretty..." The speaker was the winner of the Ford Supermodel of the World contest Kang Seung-hyun (21), a freshman in the modeling department at Dongduk Women¡¯s University. Kang is the first Asian winner in the contest's 25-year history. She competed against contestants from some 50 countries. Calling her the 'pearl of the Orient', the U.S. media praised her looks and walk as the best.
Kang won US$250,000 in prize money and signed a three-year contract with Ford Models, one of the top modeling agencies in the U.S. Celebrities such as Brooke Shields, Kim Basinger and Christy Turlington were past contestants, while supermodels Chanel Iman and Du Juan work under Ford. "The prize money is a hefty sum so I'll pass it on to my parents,¡± Kang told the Chosun Ilbo by phone. ¡°But I heard the deposit actually comes a year later."
She has moved into an exclusive apartment for models provided by Ford. Next month she will participate in the New York Fashion Week and also in shows in Milan and Paris. "I'd love to do a show for Custom National, my favorite brand,¡± she says. ¡°Taking part in the top rate luxury brand shows is of course a dream for any model."
With a height 178 cm and weighing 51 kg, she has long slim limbs and wide narrow eyes. Her favorite food is pork ribs or samgyeobsal. "I eat them at least three times a week. I never starve but I exercise. Preparing to be picked as the Korean representative for the Ford contest in September, I walked for hours along the Han River in the summer wearing a winter jumper. I lost 5 kg in two months."
She also studied English very hard for three months. "I didn't want to be neglected as an Asian, so I always talked to other girls during the competition. I became really close with several of them. We cried after the finale."
Kang has chubby cheeks, but she laughs them off saying "They bother me a little, but they¡¯re mine to keep." She vowed to do her best for other Koreans to follow in her footsteps. The interview ended at 11 p.m., New York time. Her hectic schedule freed her only then to have dinner. Her last words were, "I'm craving gochujang (Korean red pepper paste)." ([email protected] )

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
neoboy
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->