Ford Supermodel of the World 2011

^ I know what you mean, I love the winner she's very unique & beautiful, but I feel like it was not as big of pool of girls that competed this year.

or

maybe this year FORD just picked the crème de la crème from all the SOTW contest winners all over the world prior to the NY competition.

Yeay! Philippines won! Congrats Danica! :clap: I actually refuse to believe that the finals was gonna be this week despite reports on twitter :lol:
I mean, there's a lack of publicity :lol: oh well, they chose to keep it that way, Congrats to all the winners! :clap:

Brazil & Estonia were also in the Top 5 :wink: I'm still in shocked :lol: I was expecting Ford will show us the photos of contestants first but boom! winners right away :shock: I'm so proud of Danica, the 1st Filipina to win Ford Supermodel of the World :clap::magic:

Here she is, 2011 Ford Super Model of the World GRAND PRIZE Winner

180146_486754032926_695657926_6237702_2707569_n.jpg

166678_486754067926_695657926_6237703_8004873_n.jpg

Photos: Mark Nicdao
Styled by: Pam Quinones
Make up: Lala Flores
Hair: Nante Alingasa

Ooh, that's interesting. My sister went to school with her. :D I don't really like her side shots but she looks very beautiful!

Brazil & Estonia were also in the Top 5 :wink: I'm still in shocked :lol: I was expecting Ford will show us the photos of contestants first but boom! winners right away :shock: I'm so proud of Danica, the 1st Filipina to win Ford Supermodel of the World :clap::magic:

As i pointed, there was not really a contest this year, and i think there probably will never be again.
They just made a quick thing, as they had some contract obligations with some partner agencies.
but it is better to consider this year contest like a small casting and that's it

fritmayo;8556807 begin_of_the_skype_highlighting**************8556807******end_of_the_skype_highlighting begin_of_the_skype_highlighting**************8556807******end_of_the_skype_highlighting said:
As i pointed, there was not really a contest this year, and i think there probably will never be again.
They just made a quick thing, as they had some contract obligations with some partner agencies.
but it is better to consider this year contest like a small casting and that's it

you are absolutely right :(

Well then that explains why the very hush hush finals (especially after last year's very publicized competition in Brazil) and the not-so-supermodel looking finalists. Heck, if even the peeps at Ford can't muster enough excitement and inertia to post the event's photos until Monday...what does that tell you?

It seems that Elite's contest has fed Ford's pipeline better than its own contest anyway. SOTW has resulted in a few good finds -- Chanel Iman, Hyoni, Gotsii, Jabolonskio -- in recent years, but Elite's contest has always had a deeper reach and found more successful girls, and in recent years Ford has benefitted more from that contest. Ming Xi, Julia Saner, and Kelly M are former EML contestants as is Sigrid though she originally signed with NYMM before going to Ford.

wow she looks pretty awesome and unique can't wait to see what they have in store since she can do both commercial adn high fashion

It seems that Elite's contest has fed Ford's pipeline better than its own contest anyway. SOTW has resulted in a few good finds -- Chanel Iman, Hyoni, Gotsii, Jabolonskio -- in recent years, but Elite's contest has always had a deeper reach and found more successful girls, and in recent years Ford has benefitted more from that contest. Ming Xi, Julia Saner, and Kelly M are former EML contestants as is Sigrid though she originally signed with NYMM before going to Ford.

dont overstimate the "finds" arriving from these contest.
Most girl arriving in final, are usually known and followed by the agency organizer for months sometimes even for years...

that's mainly a marketing and corporate exercise, which unfortunately became more and more difficult to finance the last years.
the new Ford management is not keen to cover any more money lost on that contest hence why this year they tried to find local agency partners ready to pay to organize national contest, instead of to rely on the usual past loyal partners of Ford, who usually had the national contest for free.

That created a huge mess, in some country the new partner gave up before to start, and old partner obviously refused to send girl to replace the failure of the new partnership...so basically they had not even half of the number of good girls needed to make a good level final...

so they just did a quick thing with the few "new" partners (as they had paid...), but as some of them had more money to buy the national contest than good eyes to scout; the level is truly just a joke.

i dont see right now any futur to that contest, or it would need a complete revamp, that's is probably not at all a priority for Ford right now.

Guys, you should read this article, it's so informative :wink:

Unlike in previous years, there was no runway show in New York this year to proclaim the SuperModel. Instead, of the SuperModel winners from various countries, five were chosen, Magpantay among them. Only the five were flown to New York.

Magpantay, who graduated high school from Colegio de San Agustin, flew to New York last week. Like the four others, she came upon intense screening, from body measurements to how clothes would fall on her, to how she photographs.

The other four are Kristina Gromovaite of Lithuania, Zuzanna Bronczyck of Poland—the two became runners-up—Rufina Rudenko of Estonia and Natalia Haiden of Brazil.

newsinfo.inquirer.net

i love her already!!!! found these photos of danica with other filipina models.

Source: Preview Magazine Jan-Feb 2011
all photos by BJ Pascual

Attachments

• 1295834772-1--(6).jpg
    1295834772-1--(6).jpg
    41.1 KB · Views: 5
  • 1295834772-1--(7).jpg
    1295834772-1--(7).jpg
    39.1 KB · Views: 2
  • 1295834772-1--(8).jpg
    1295834772-1--(8).jpg
    40.2 KB · Views: 2
  • 1295834772-1--(9).jpg
    1295834772-1--(9).jpg
    41.1 KB · Views: 2
  • 1295834772-1--(10).jpg
    1295834772-1--(10).jpg
    38.6 KB · Views: 3
danica is on the right in the first picture(black and white outfits), upper right in the sepia colored photoshoot, left in the green trousers, right in the black and yellow and left in the beige dresses with sleeves..i think she's great!!!!

If you follow Ford Models on Twitter (and you should), then this will not come as any news to you or any of the other 16K people who have viewed this photo. On Saturday at an intimate ceremony in Tribeca the winner and runners-up for the Ford Models Supermodel of the World 2010 competition were chosen. We are proud to announce that the winner is Danica Magpantay (Philippines) and the runners-up are Zuzanna Bronczyk (Poland) and Kristina Gromovaite (Lithuania). The winner and two runners-up will be staying in New York through Fashion Week F/W 11 where we anticipate they will be extremely busy. Please join us in congratulating all three on a fine finish to what is an extraordinary competition.

Credits include: Photography, Ned & Aya Rosen; Styling, Aya Rosen; Hair, Hitomi Mura; Illusion of makeup with lighting and retouching, Ned Rosen.

fordmodelsblog.com

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nocknock
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->