Milan Back to Longer Show Schedule

softgrey

flaunt the imperfection
Reaction score
excerpt from wwd.com

Published: Tuesday, November 29, 2005

Milan Back to Longer Show Schedule
By Luisa Zargani

MILAN — Milan Fashion Week is going back to a longer schedule.
The Camera della Moda has confirmed the schedule will return to seven days from last September's five days. The shorter schedule drew waves of protests from buyers and editors, who complained about how grueling it was and how late the shows ran as a result.
Milan Fashion Week has now been scheduled through 2008. Next year, it will run from Feb. 18 to 26 and from Sept. 23 to Oct. 1. In 2007, the shows will run from Feb. 17 to 25 and from Sept. 22 to 30. In 2008, from Feb. 16 to 24 and from Sept. 20 to 28.

oooh, that means a longer period of anticipation (and some times dissapointment) for me!

it's always better to have things at a more reasonable pace IMO.

I think this is good news. Not only was it hectic for the buyers and editors, also for us trying to keep up with it all :wink:

i suppose it makes no difference for me, but for the buyers, it takes some worries off thier shoulders.:flower:

Pastry said:
i suppose it makes no difference for me, but for the buyers, it takes some worries off thier shoulders.:flower:

Well said, this is good news.

Last season´s schedule was ridiculous in the sense that you had to choose which show you wanted to attend, I´m so glad I didn´t have any business in Milan but I can imagine massive negative reactions from major buyers and of course, the press.

What does Anna think about all this, I wonder... :lol:

The Milan calendar for years has been dotted with the most commercial but boring companies showing the first days when a static showroom presentation would more than suffice. Of late, the same old guard have aggresively pushed for more shows, often of the same collection to different buyers and press (Armani can take an entire day of presentations). Add to the chaos, showing an increasing number of diffusion lines and you have a schedule packed to the gills, leaving little if any room for fresh, young Milanese talent (an oxymoron of sorts).

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
johngreen
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->