Petra Nemcova and the Tsunami

I went to a gym this am and two ladies doing pilates are talking about Petra, I heard from them that Petra might be decapitated due to her injuries, I was horrified to hear that, as if clinging for 8 hours is not enough. Can somebody post for more info?

PussyLee said:
I went to a gym this am and two ladies doing pilates are talking about Petra, I heard from them that Petra might be decapitated due to her injuries, I was horrified to hear that, as if clinging for 8 hours is not enough. Can somebody post for more info?
Seriously?! That's beyond horrible.

I'll try and keep you guys updated because I'm guessing I'll get news more in depth being in Asia. I'm not sure where we'll hear more about Petra Nemcova though.

PussyLee said:
I hope you meant incapacitated and not decapitated.:shock:

decapitated? surely they won't cut her head off after what she's been through! Perhaps you meant incapacitated?:flower:

model_mom said:
I posted a thread in body and soul about how terrible a disaster this was.
i was looking for this but couldn't find it!
could you please post a link?
thanks!

PussyLee said:
that's an awful Joke, considering she lost her bf, and maybe she won't be able to model swimsuits again. She fracturedd her hips, right?

Oh yes, poor girl won't be able to model swimsuits again. :rolleyes: I was appalled to see this story as the front page on today's New York Daily News. There is an indigenous population numbering tens of thousands in Thailand, India, and Sri Lanka that have lost their lives, their homes, and their loved ones. Everything. Gone. Forever. I'm sorry but I don't think the biggest sob story in all of this is the poor supermodel who won't be able to model next season. What about the children who lost both parents or the grandmothers that watched as their entire families were quite literally wiped out? They'll be getting the majority of my sympathy, not some stupid model who is alive and well and will return to her $$$$ SoHo apartment next week. :angry:

I live in Bangkok so it's not affected area and i'm okay. People all over the country help those who've been suffered by donating essential things, money and blood. Actually we kinda need RH- (blood) because there're many western foreigners need blood and it's hard to find that blood group in Asian poeple. All the foreigners who survived have been sent to the safe place in bangkok already, they need the translators of many languages for help the tourists who lost their friends or family. Tomorrow i'm going to the help at the donation booth. Thanks for worried about us :smile:

here are some pics if you wanna see (it's thai by the way) http://www.manager.co.th/Local/ViewNews.aspx?NewsID=9470000103633

And here are links of Thai newspapers to read in English (the very up-to-date one is in Thai lang)
http://www.bangkokpost.com/
http://www.nationmultimedia.com/
http://www.asianewsnet.net/
http://etna.mcot.net/

Thanks for sharing this with us May. I want you to know that we all care about what is happening in SE Asia and are hoping relief efforts arrive soon to help out. Take care and keep us updated.

metal-on-metal said:
Oh yes, poor girl won't be able to model swimsuits again. :rolleyes: I was appalled to see this story as the front page on today's New York Daily News. There is an indigenous population numbering tens of thousands in Thailand, India, and Sri Lanka that have lost their lives, their homes, and their loved ones. Everything. Gone. Forever. I'm sorry but I don't think the biggest sob story in all of this is the poor supermodel who won't be able to model next season. What about the children who lost both parents or the grandmothers that watched as their entire families were quite literally wiped out? They'll be getting the majority of my sympathy, not some stupid model who is alive and well and will return to her $$$$ SoHo apartment next week. :angry:
I agree for the most part, and I know that I posted this topic because it was relevant to fashion. I had a b*tch about how everyone was reacting so weakly to the massive scale of the disaster.

Of course, it is slightly hypocritical to say we should not care about 'the poor supermodel who won't be able to model next season', of course we should care about her and her family, we should be concerned about everyone as humans. I do agree however, that no-one deserves any special treatment.

this is all too sad and not to mention that it happened during the holiday :cry: season...

This is terrible news. I would love to help everyone affected. Poor Petra, I hope her boyfriend is safe and she will recover. :flower:

PussyLee said:
perhaps you mean amputated?

its hardly her fault she got so much coverage..i feel just terrible for her along with everyone else!!! her boyfriend of two years is missing!! and she was such a sweetheart on conan obrien.:cry: :cry: :cry:

Amputated, yes. Sorry for my grammar. I'm Japanese-Brazilian.

I feel horrible for Petra and her boyfriend as well as their families. In fact on christmas they were just showing a segment of Petra on FitTV and I was watching it without any idea that probably at the same time she was caught up in that horrible storm. I mean, clinging onto a tree for 8 hours with a broken pelvis is unbelievable and sort of inspiring in a tragic sense, I have so much respect for her right now and all others that survived through the tsunami. I agree that our government is messed up in that tens of thousands of nameless people can die and it's lost as a statistic while several foreign tourists or a celebrity gets full blown coverage. Still, I don't think it's so much Petra's fault as it is the media that chooses to put the story on the front page news. My heart goes out too EVERYONE who had to endure this terrible diseaster.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gxsd
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->