Petra Nemcova and the Tsunami

well of corse someone who is well known will make the headlines....its just the way the media works.

i remember once the front page had an article about how prince william broke a finger playing rugby......and on the inside cover it was about hundreds of people blown up in a suicide bomb

That would be quite overwhelming to survive.

And I wholeheartedly agree it isn't fair to berate Ms. Nemcova. She suffered too, I don't see why we don't have sympathy for everyone who had to endure the Tsunami. It isn't her fault that too much attention is allegedly being put on her. So, how about instead of fighting about this we expend our energy on helping the victims instead of belittling one of them..

She's really tough,i admit. Khoa Lak was started to be popular vacation spot no more than a year ago and tourists chose to go there. Now only in Khoa Lak area are 4000 deaths (all in Thailand are about 5000).

LUcky her to have the private planes and special doctors tending to her side. I had no problem with this whole Petra issue but reading that article about her special planes and special personal doctors irked me. There are so so many people who could use medical attention and can't afford to have 1% of the special treatment she is getting. I know it's not really her doing but still just the thought of all those other people and orphans and families seperated and dying right now because they can't get medical attention while Petra got the best doctors from the capital of Thailand tending to her...

so sad.... I know this sounds stupid, but can they send blood to the areas? B/c my mom is RH- and they won't take it here for hospitals!!

us magazine

cocomonkey4 said:
LUcky her to have the private planes and special doctors tending to her side. I had no problem with this whole Petra issue but reading that article about her special planes and special personal doctors irked me. There are so so many people who could use medical attention and can't afford to have 1% of the special treatment she is getting. I know it's not really her doing but still just the thought of all those other people and orphans and families seperated and dying right now because they can't get medical attention while Petra got the best doctors from the capital of Thailand tending to her...
look forward to seeing petra on the cover of US magazine on weds. with her exclusive story & photos. Its nice that shes devoting her appearance fee to tsunami relief.

I think we can say that petra is currently the most famous model in the world. I think we will be seeing a lot more of her work in the future.

yea I just read that article about her posing for aid for the tsunami. It is very generous of her.

We talked about Petra in my religion class today... it's so generous of her to donate the proceeds of her photo. My school's raising $5,000 for relief, which might not seem like a lot, but when you've got 300 high school girls, it is... but 2 weeks of free dress and $10 each week is $6,000, so...

I just saw her featured on Inside Edition - it was a video of her on a fashion shoot being shot by her boyfriend. Seeing them together was so sad, considering that I don't believe that he's been found yet. they had one image of her in her hospital bed, as well.

Petra Invites The Media To Take Her Picture In Thai Hospital

Last edited by a moderator:
eternitygoddess said:
Because she's famous. Her story gets much more coverage than a normal person's story.
She survived! I am sure if she didn't fight for her life she would be dead.

Petra Nemkova- amputee?

I read in (US)? magazine that Petra might be amputated...... I know I reported this b4 but now the magazine stated that her hips are broken and her leg is beyond repair, they're thinking of amputating it. Horrible news.

The sickest news is..... A lot of surviving children were abducted and sold as sex slave. Can they be any sicker than this? My god, as if losing your home and family isn't enough. These people are sick! These are rampant in Asia too. Too bad the Tsunami did not washed away those kind of people!!!

I'm not sure the last part if true. If people are having trouble just getting out of the country, I'm not sure how easy it would be to transport mass amounts of children. They don't even have supplies to live right now, let alone cars, fuel, food, whatever, to transport that sort of thing.

I believe it. It is sad when people exploit kids. You have to remember that in that part of the world is not like America. The sick thing is that people "foreigners" pay for that...

hmm, i haven't heard anything about petra having any of her limbs amputated (God forbid!) but i did read in the newspaper that there are children being sold out of the country. it's not too hard to believe that. the article mentioned something about UNICEF confirming that it stopped at least 2 cases of child trafficking. this is horrible...as if these people haven't been through enough, they're now being exploited!! :cry: here's the link to the CNN article i read. http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?file=/news/archive/2005/01/04/international1516EST0602.DTL

'not like America' um child prostitution happens in America too and many 'developed' nations. I'm not saying it's not possible, I'm just saying that at this current stage, I find that it would be hard to transport massive amounts of children, feed them, whatever, when people are barely surviving.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
willxxx
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->