The Lovely Bones Movie

taperjeangirl said:
In the end I think they might go with someone unknown for Susie. I just hope they do not mess the whole thing up!

I think they might as well, because Peter Jackson does like to use unknowns in his films.
Dakota is up on imdb as having auditioned for Susie as well as Carly Schroeder.

The people mentioned for Mr Harvey are
Phillip Seymour Hoffman - just doesn't seem right for the part
Johnny Depp:huh: Never going to happen!
Ewan McGregor ditto although I could see him as Jack, her dad
Kevin Spacey - might work if he gained some weight
John C. Reilly - Never seen him so don't know
Anthony Hopkins - I can really see him as Mr Harvey. I think he would work!
Tim Robbins
Peter Sarsgaard
Paul Giamtti
Eric Roberts
Steve Bushemi
and George from Desperate Housewives.

http://stuff.co.nz/stuff/0,2106,3717085a1870,00.html
Viggo Mortensen and Courtney Cox as her parents and Natalie Portman as Lindsay would never work!

http://imaginecasting.com/imagine/topPicks.php?Movie_ID=585
Out of these suggestions, my picks would be:
Susie - Tiger Darrow - She fits the description, and I think Emily Browning is just a bit too old
Teenage Lindsay - Carly Schroeder
Older Lindsay - Evan Rachel Wood
Jack - I still think Ewan McGregor, or Sean Bean from that list
Abigail - Ashley Judd or Kate Winslet
Young Buckley - Freddie Highmore
Older Buckley - Liam Aitken
Len - Gerard Butler
Mr Harvey - Jason Isaacs (not many good choices there!)
Ruana - Shelly Conn
Ray - Kal Penn
Young Samuel - Jeremy Sumpter
Older Samuel - Jonathan Bennett
Teenage Ruth - Jena Malone
Older Ruth - Clea Duvall
Grandma - Lynn Redgrave

I so want Jena Malone and Clea Duvall to play the Ruths! They're both wonderful and underrated..:heart:

Jen - I think Tim Robbins would make a great Mr Harvey. He kind of has that creepy face, he would need to polish a couple of hundred Krispy Kremes though before filming starts!

taperjeangirl said:
Me to I think she would be great in that. Have you seen her in "Big Love" yet?

In the end I think they might go with someone unknown for Susie. I just hope they do not mess the whole thing up!

I love Big Love!!! Its really good.

truebluejen said:
I think they might as well, because Peter Jackson does like to use unknowns in his films.
Dakota is up on imdb as having auditioned for Susie as well as Carly Schroeder.

The people mentioned for Mr Harvey are
Phillip Seymour Hoffman - just doesn't seem right for the part
Johnny Depp:huh: Never going to happen!
Ewan McGregor ditto although I could see him as Jack, her dad
Kevin Spacey - might work if he gained some weight
John C. Reilly - Never seen him so don't know
Anthony Hopkins - I can really see him as Mr Harvey. I think he would work!
Tim Robbins
Peter Sarsgaard
Paul Giamtti
Eric Roberts
Steve Bushemi
and George from Desperate Housewives.

http://stuff.co.nz/stuff/0,2106,3717085a1870,00.html
Viggo Mortensen and Courtney Cox as her parents and Natalie Portman as Lindsay would never work!

I don't know why but sometimes it is good to make films with 'unknown' actors...because if you look at films like 'Texas Chainsaw Massacre' (the remake) - it was that bit more disturbing and scary because the people were unknown. So, you know, sometimes it does work...unless the actors are really crap of course.

Yes Anthony Hopkins would be good for Mr Harvey...or maybe Robin Williams - remember '1 Hour Photo' - fantastic stuff!

truebluejen said:
http://imaginecasting.com/imagine/topPicks.php?Movie_ID=585
Out of these suggestions, my picks would be:
Susie - Tiger Darrow - She fits the description, and I think Emily Browning is just a bit too old
Teenage Lindsay - Carly Schroeder
Older Lindsay - Evan Rachel Wood
Jack - I still think Ewan McGregor, or Sean Bean from that list
Abigail - Ashley Judd or Kate Winslet
Young Buckley - Freddie Highmore
Older Buckley - Liam Aitken
Len - Gerard Butler
Mr Harvey - Jason Isaacs (not many good choices there!)
Ruana - Shelly Conn
Ray - Kal Penn
Young Samuel - Jeremy Sumpter
Older Samuel - Jonathan Bennett
Teenage Ruth - Jena Malone
Older Ruth - Clea Duvall
Grandma - Lynn Redgrave

I do think they should stick Chloe Sevigny in there for Susie's sister...as for Susie I am still not sure, Dakota Fanning would play her fantastically - but for some reason she doesn't seem to 'fit' the role...grrrrr, I wonder if they have started casting anyone yet? Robin Williams might be good for Mr Harvey, he was creepy enough in '1 Hour Photo' - but then again, he's been there and done that so it might not work. One needs to think, which actor would fit a murdering-paedophile well?
And the guy who was in 8MM springs to mind...that fat, ugly bloke who wore the leather mask and did the killings.

Aaah I knew it...it IS rumoured Dakota Fanning will play Susie, look at the source from http://www.imdb.com:

Plot Outline: Based on the Alice Sebold book of the same name, about a murdered 14 year old girl who recalls what happened from Heaven, as the incident affects those around her. (more)

Production Notes/Status:

Status:Pre-productionComments:Jackson, Boyens and Walsh are currently writing the scriptStatus Updated:1 April 2006Note:Since this project is categorized as being in production, the data is subject to change; some data could be removed completely.

For expanded development & in production information on over 5,200 film and television projects from Pitch through Completed, including contact details, visit IMDbPro.com.
Click here for a free trial!</I>

Credited cast: Dakota Fanning.... Susie (rumored) (more)

imdb is wrong most of the time though, so they might have just put her there because she auditioned.
I think Robin Williams would be good too, but like you said, it would be better someone unknown who hasn't played a role like this before.

The guy from 8mm is too big and scary to play him I think. Mr Harvey seems pretty normal and boring to everyone else.

I don't envy them trying to cast people for these roles!:lol:

InnocentFairy said:
I love Big Love!!! Its really good.

Gutted I just never have the chance to watch it - Or much else for that matter.

Shame about Dakkota, still could have been worse a member or the O.C could have been cast, afterall they do look school age :woot:

Btw InnocentFairy seen some of your outfits on the "What are you wearing" thread and they are great!!

taperjeangirl said:
Gutted I just never have the chance to watch it - Or much else for that matter.

Shame about Dakkota, still could have been worse a member or the O.C could have been cast, afterall they do look school age :woot:

Btw InnocentFairy seen some of your outfits on the "What are you wearing" thread and they are great!!

Aww thank you! :D

I forgot they were making this into a movie! I'm excited for it. Thankfully, Dakota Fanning was taken of the cast list on IMDB. That just wouldn't work. There is no part in the story for someone her age. Plus, she looks younger than she is. I think Evan Rachel Wood would be good for the movie in whatever part. I read the book a while ago so I kind of forgot who's who. Kevin Spacey is great at playing a creep, but I don't know if Mr. Harvey is the right role for him.

The Lovely Bones (2008)

Overview

Director:

Peter Jackson

Writers:

Alice Sebold (novel)
Peter Jackson (screenplay) ...
more

Release Date:

2008 (USA) more

Genre:

Drama more

Plot Outline:

A young girl who was brutally raped and murdered, watches the effects of her death on her family from Heaven, as her parents drift apart, her father becomes obsessed with vengeance and her sister grows into the woman she would never be. more

Plot Keywords:

Based On Novel

Production Notes/Status:

Ryan Gosling ... Jack Salmon
Rachel Weisz ... Abigail Salmon
Susan Sarandon ... Grandma Lynn (attached)
Saoirse Ronan ... Susie Salmon
Stanley Tucci ... George Harvey
Michael Imperioli ... Len Fenerman (attached)

Last edited by a moderator:
i haven't read the book yet but it has been in the back of my mind, but reading the short blurb about its contents seriosly makes my heart do gymnastics and my stomach turn, i think this may be one of the most infamous movies ever created if done right!

I'm so excited because they are filming this in a town close to where I go to school! I really want to go there when they film in October, but I doubt I will. I'm glad that Saoirse is playing Susie because she is virtually unknown, except for the upcoming movie Atonemet that she is in.

I love Michael Imperioli, so clad he's going to be playing Len Fenerman:woot:

I love the fact that Peter Jackson is directing it.... I want to have se same feeling as in Heavenly Creatures, I got in the same mood when I was reading it!!!!!!!

I cant wait for the movie!

I''m gonna be an extra in this when filming is in Pennsylvania...:smile:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
carolreefs
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->