The Lovely Bones Movie

The Lovely Bones is my favorite book. I still get teary eyed just thinking about it.
The cast sounds very promising. Ryan Gosling is an amazing and I think he'll do the part of Susie's father justice. I'm wondering who will be cast as her sister, her sister's boyfriend and her little brother. I remember there was a part in the book where the brother can sense her in the room with him and I'm pretty sure I started to bawl then and there.

Interesting choice to have Stanley Tucci as Mr. Harvey. I'm wondering how that will turn out, although I think Mr. Tucci will do a good job.

Oh and who will play the guy that Susie likes...and that girl who's friends with him.

Last edited by a moderator:
She’s best known as one half of a powerhouse duo, but AJ Michalka is about to go solo in a big way, the 16-year-old singer beamed, revealing that she’s set to appear in Peter Jackson’s “King Kong” follow-up, “The Lovely Bones.”
“It’s like a dream role,” she enthused, nearly jumping up and down with excitement. “I’m playing the best friend of the girl who gets murdered. I was flipping out [when I heard I won the part]. I’m really, really stoked.”

The film, an adaptation from the best-selling novel by Alice Sebold, follows the aftermath of a young girl’s brutal r*pe and murder. The girl, 14-year-old Susie Salmon, watches her family and friends from the afterlife, observing them as they struggle to cope with her terrible demise.

AJ will play Clarissa, Susie’s best friend in life. Fans of the novel will recall that Clarissa plays a part in one of the story’s turning points, when Susie’s father, Jack, attacks her and her boyfriend Brian in a cornfield, believing them to be George Harvey, Susie’s murderer. Brian manages to subdue Jack with his own baseball bat, whacking him in the knee. But it’s not the action that has AJ amped - it’s who she gets to perform the action with, namely recent Oscar nominee Ryan Gosling who is playing Jack Salmon.

“I have a really emotional, intense, freaky scene with Ryan. It’s gonna be crazy,” she smiled. “He was so incredible in ‘Half Nelson.’ It’s just great for me as an actress to grow and work with such amazing people.”

In addition to Gosling, the cast also includes Oscar winners Susan Sarandon and Rachel Weisz, and Stanley Tucci and Michael Imperioli.

“The whole cast is amazing. Peter, he’s amazing,” AJ said. “It’s gonna be cool. It’s gonna be really cool.”

source: ontd

^lucky! Do you live right where they are shooting?

I live in Jersey at the moment so I have to commute in but I'm only 20 minutes from Philadelphia so it's not bad. They are looking for people for little principle parts to like one liners and stuff like that so I'm gonna try for that too...^_^

the casting agency in Philly is really great and I just got to be an extra in the M. Night movie...'The Happening' over the summer.

^Really? They filmed that at my friend's friend's farm!

I filmed my part for The Happening in Cheyney, PA at this train station/post office...it was cool. It was the first thing I sent in for and they called me so it was exciting!

i am only on the 4th chapter and i think i have cried or teared up three times already

Another book similar to this is called 'Elsewhere'...if you like this you'll like that. It's told from the afterlife and it really is just amazing...

oh yay, i can't wait for the movie to come out! i live in sweden tho, so i might have to wait forever.

i think that's a good move to cast an unknown for susie. Im very curious to know who will play Ray Singh
When is it due to be released? Can't wait :D:heart::woot:

Mark Wahlberg has replaced Ryan Gosling in the Peter Jackson-directed The Lovely Bones, an adaptation of the Alice Sebold novel for DreamWorks.

Wahlberg has taken the role of Jack Salmon, the grieving father of a young girl. That role was vacated Friday by Lars and the Real Girl star Ryan Gosling, who stepped out one day before shooting began after gaining 20 pounds and growing a beard for the job. Variety says the exit is due to creative differences.

After reading the script, Wahlberg quickly committed Sunday. He joins Rachel Weiszas a couple whose world is shattered after their daughter is murdered. The girl watches over her family and her killer from heaven.

Jackson wrote the script with his "The Lord of the Rings" partners Fran Walsh and Philippa Boyens.

The film begins shooting today in Pennsylvania, where Wahlberg most recently wrapped the lead in the M. Night Shyamalan-directed The Happening for Fox.

Wahlberg also recently committed to star with Brad Pitt in the Darren Aronofsky-directed The Fighter at Paramount. That picture is expected to begin production next fall.
source

Interesting circumstances... this is similar to the Stuart Townsend-Viggo Mortensen-Aragorn situation. I love Ryan but I thought that he was too young to play a father. I wonder what kind of 'creative differences' would've made Ryan step out after such a huge weight gain and one day before filming started? I don't think Mark has the acting chops, but we'll see how he does. I'm still very excited about this project and I'll have to write more about it later. :D

Aww I was so looking forward to Ryan playing Jack Salmon! Mark Wahlberg is still a great actor I suppose. I'm hoping Rachel Weisz does an American accent for the role. But Stanley Tucci...? I don't know, I guess he could be really good but I'm just unsure about him as a serial killer.

I was reading this book on the train when I first read it... BIG MISTAKE! I spent the entire train trip sobbing while trying to be discreet :lol:

I love Ryan... but WALHBERG! :woot: Fantastic! Great casting and I love that they casted an unknown to play Susie.

Jackson is one of my favorite directors of all time, so I assume that he'll do the book justice. ^_^

i agree with novella, i felt that Ryan was too young to play Susie's dad. i always pictured Susie's parents to be about 40/early 40s and ryan just doesn't fit that for me. I'm not too sure about Mark either but the rest of the cast i like, especially Stanley Tucci. i guess we'll just have to wait and see :wink:

How interesting. I didn't even know there was a film in the making. That book is on my Christmas list though. Yes, I have already started working on my Christmas Wish List. :blush:

omg. :cry::heart:
thank you for posting the preview, chicandcool!
how am i ever going to wait till december?.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
carolreefs
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->