The Scene Street Style #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
^you have some really nicely styled kids in LA, unfortunately the ones that get any sort off press (like cobrasnake, although i wouldn't consider that real press) tend to look the same. but you do have a large amount of kids who hate the scene look and complain/make fun of it all the time. but that number sort of pales in comparison...

^ I agree with you! Hahah someone just said in my blog how I look like this Hanna-Beth girl. I had not even acknowledged her before that..Lol.
Cory is way ditchy nowadays..I think Tila Tequila was one of the first scene queens of L.A. (long before Cory) and look at her now, doing some stupid Tv show on MTV. Same goes for Jeffree Starr..Yuck!

jeffrey star gross.... i remember when he was huge. hanna wasn't as annoying/bad when i knew her two years ago (she was just a b*tch) but she's become like the perfect example of every single trend applied that goes through LA in a really bad way.

Last edited by a moderator:
^ Yeah...I remember when I went to club 82 a few years back when it was huge, I always saw Jeffree Star there. I remember him once spitting on a girl who walked by. Now he is nothing but a big joke making crappy music and shows..Anyway, he was and is very much a L.A. scenester that I dislike.

Its so true that a lot of people in L.A. look the same, but if you want to dive into the underground scene and find those truly stylish people, you have to go out of the mainstream clubs (such as Cinespace etc.). In summer 2006 I spend a lot of time at the Echo on Sundays. The night was called Part Time Punks. It was really great but it didnt get any press really (photos so to speak), great music and people. I partied there with Karen O. and Johnny Knoxville once. All Cinespace gets is Joel Madden and so on, so not so great scene wise lol. :D

Last edited by a moderator:
its not so much the scene LOOK that annoys me...but the scene itself and the whole attitude...

its not so much the scene LOOK that annoys me...but the scene itself and the whole attitude...

^ yeah same here...like spitting on people at clubs to look cool is so not cool.
:(

:sick:

id say if all that matter is fun, thats what it should be all about...if all that matters is posing and showing-off...that annoys me...

Who is this? Seems very familiar?

47620.jpg

Hi everyone!
I'm happy to find this thread cause I need your favor.
Sometimes I'm looking around thecobrasnake or lastnightsparty though it's ones or twice a month, I found this girl over and over again.

I think she looks so cool and same time very handsome too. She doesn't look like typical scenester.(I like the point:P)
I really would like to know her name. Does someone know who she is?

source from www.thecobrasnake.com, www.lastnightsparty.com

yeah def :rolleyes: everyone who's been photographed by cobrasnake more than once is the next Cory Kennedy...

i have to be honest, i dont really care much whats going on in the scene...i look at the pics and the outfits...thats it

^^I met Face Hunter during NY Fashion Week. Maybe he was in a bad mood that day, but he wasnt so friendly even after we offered him our taxi.

What ever happened to the Misshapes website? All you get is a "Misshapes is down for maintenance. We will be back up shortly.". Only thing, it's been this way for the last year or so.

What ever happened to the Misshapes website? All you get is a "Misshapes is down for maintenance. We will be back up shortly.". Only thing, it's been this way for the last year or so.

Misshapes club ended last year for good so no more pics..They just do some random DJ gigs. However, they published a picture book about the club and all the outfits that were on the website. You can order it here: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Misshapes-MisShapes/dp/1576873811
I got mine as a bday present. :smile: The book is great for inspiration!:flower:

Thank you for the info *karma*

Too bad they ended it, I was hoping to go there this summer... Now I have to find some other cool NY club. :flower: But where does the Misshapes crowd go these days?

I liked their style and I have a hard time finding a proper replacement... But perhaps I should get the book then!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velvetmuse
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->