Thrift Stores

Originally posted by makeme_over@Mar 24th, 2004 - 11:46 pm
for anyone that lives in los angeles California, bufflo exchange is a great second hand store. they buy, sell and trade clothes. there is also one in san diego. im not sure where else though.
There's one here in Seattle, too. It's cool, not as good as Redlight, though.

Originally posted by makeme_over@Mar 24th, 2004 - 11:46 pm
for anyone that lives in los angeles California, bufflo exchange is a great second hand store. they buy, sell and trade clothes. there is also one in san diego. im not sure where else though.
Yes, LA has a great many quality secondhand & vintage stores. Buffalo is the one on Melrose, right? That store never has enough guy stuff for me, but my girlfriends always find absolutely ridiculous deals there on just out of season stuff when we go there, like a runway Custo shirt for something like $50.

gahhh! i would looove to go thrift shopping in europe, where cast-offs are most likely much more desirable than the ones say, here in canada :doh:

i love thrift stores. they are the main things i shop in, except for Ross and Wal-Mart. i've haven't gone to The Salvation Army yet. probably heading there tomorrow to look around.

Thrift stores are awesome. My wardrobe is so heavy on vintage...I love looking through the stuff. Even the stuff I wouldn't be interested in buying, because it always makes me wonder where it has been in its life thus far... :smile:

Last year we drove down to Florida and I insisted on beforehand finding out every city we were drivng through and checking to see if any thrift stores were there. We made a whole bunch of stops and I found some great things. It drove everyone else crazy, but I enjoyed myself thoroughly. :D

Second-hands in Portsmouth

Does anyone know the best ones in Portsmouth? ^_^

just purchased an over-sized calender which i'm in the process of filling out to mark down Value Village 50% off sale days so i can be sure to be off on that day:P i'm actually not joking.

Any fellow VV junkies remember all of the 50% sale dates through out the year? i shop pretty much exclusively at VV so i'm clueless as to correlating typical mall holiday/sale dates.

Just shopped the MLK "pre-sale" on Sunday for card members and got some rad stuff. It's free to sign-up and you get the best selection unlike non-club card members who shop the next day when it's all picked over.

Often times I'll fall in love with something that's not my size but if it's a relatively well-known brand I'm able to track it down on eBay.

While I don't go out of my way to find designer labels but if I love it, I will of course snap it up. I try not to buy anything just because of a designer label but will avoid certain brands like target, old navy etc that everyone and their second cousins have seen or worn.

Unless of course it's obviously vintage Old Navy, GAP, Express. I'm sure GAP Express shoppers etc have noticed the season/year dates on the white fabric content labels? If it's not dated then it's most likely uber vintage GAP etc.

The best Seattle area Value Villages are Ballard, Lake City.

or further south I love the VV in Burien, Kent, Puyallup and Tacoma.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ebbbbty
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->