US Harper's Bazaar December 2007 : Renee Zellweger by Peter Lindbergh

Oh wow i am happy to say i love the cover.Not a fan of her on covers,but this is a good celeb cover.I am surprised i like it................

Hmm, I don't know. This gold cover seems to be a recurring theme at Bazaar. Gwyneth, Anne, and now Renee. Hopefully the subcriber's cover is better. Actually since it's Renee I could care less about the covers, give me the edits! I don't know why Glenda puts people like her or SJP on the cover when they are both so obviously Vogue kiss ***es! Another reason they should never be on any fashion magazine cover, is the fact that they have very little actual style and whatever style they do have is not theirs but Carilina Herrera's and Oscar De La Renta's.
I agree with you,i wish Glenda did not choose Anna's favourties for her covers.And i couldnt agree more about her style,its so safe and boring there is nothing personal in there.Same goes for Resee,i think they are completly created by stylists and their managment team.And i despise that kind of "political corectness" when it comes to style.Renee or Resee can wear Oscar,Carolina or Ricci and they have a garanteed coverage in US Vogue,its beyond ridicilous and calculated.

I love that cover. Renee looks great and the overall look is fresh.

Okay, this is getting sad. Four (or more) covers featuring an actress in a gold dress with a matching gold background with black/white text. Why is Glenda turning Bazaar into Marie Claire?

Has she done neon green text yet? It wouldn't surprise me if that was her next move. Grr.

:yuk:

She looks much better in that angle than in the front side..

I just got my scrip today. That version is all red with Renee in a a long red gown. I like it better than the newsstand version. And sorry to be another negative voice, but I hate seeing photos of Renee. She really cannot take a good pic. I do think she's a great actress and I love watching her in movies, but she just isn't much to look at. There was even a pic of her head from the back and you could see where her highlights ended bluntly.:ninja: Looked so bad. THis haircut doesn't suit her. The editorials in this issue are not great at all IMO. The styling leaves much to be desired. I found myself mentally editing almost every photo/outfit instead of just enjoying it.

Sorry to be so negative, I guess it's not terrible... it's just.... it could've been a lot better.:innocent:

Don't be sorry, we b*tch about Bazaar's covers every single month without fail...
But what we are all really interested in is what's inside? Who's the cast of characters?

Inside is:

"High Glamour" feat. Renee, photographed by Peter Lindbergh, fashion edited by Mary Alice Stephenson

(there's a pic with a gold crown and leopard cape that I think looks really embarrassing, two pics of her from behind showing off her bad haircut, and of course some of her signature lemon-sucking faces)

"Fabulous Frocks" Denisa Dvorakova photographed by Terry Tsiolis, fashion edited by Brana Wolf

"What's Next" Masha Novoselova photographed by Camilla Akrans, fashion edited by Melanie Ward,

(^Both of those I like. They are at least pretty if not unexpected Bazaar pieces.)

"Coats" Amber Valletta photographed by Lindbergh again, fashion edited by Katie Grand

(this one was bothering me a lot too. The make up makes her look old. Like after you wash your face and forgot to remove mascara and have that grey shadow under your eye? That's what it looks like. And her hair is a messy boring ponytail. And ugh... there is so much I don't like about the styling! It just looks very flat and incomplete....)

ETA: and of course the normal Bazaar features, skin, fragrance, Age stuff, etc. and typical December gift guides.

Last edited by a moderator:
Denisa and Masha :woot:

Thanks for the detailed review! And yes, don't be sorry :flower:

Agreed. What I like about Bazaar is that they rarely use the same faces month after month. Yes, they have repeated models at times, but not to the extent that other magazines do. You really can never predict the cast in an issue of Harper's. :smile:

the cover is fantastic :flower:
She looks wonderful , let us not bash bazaar too much.
I agree jssy4eva.. unlike us vogue and the neverending love with caroline T :ninja:
they use new faces

Dissapointing cover.. not a very good angle.

Can't wait for the editorials :D

wanna have a look at the subsciber's cover:rolleyes:

and..maybe it's off-topic...when did glenda b,the current editor-in-chief,take over h&b???anyone knows???

Great to see Masha and Denisa in Bazaar!

wanna have a look at the subsciber's cover:rolleyes:

and..maybe it's off-topic...when did glenda b,the current editor-in-chief,take over h&b???anyone knows???[

Glenda's first official cover was Feb. 2002 with Gisele on the cover in a low cut red dress. So she's about to pass her 6th anniversary. Personally I think she has grown tremendously as an Fashion editor and is now beginning to really grasp the concept of a high fashion glossy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jaywootoo
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->