Vogue Turkey December 2010 : Maryna Linchuk by Ellen von Unwerth

I want to like it, but I don't, too much color, too much glittery, and not my fav kind of editorial image but the previous covers they did were really nice

very festive yet not tacky! I actually see the Turkish influence in it

Looks Good but another golden themed cover ?
Natalia, Anna and now Maryna's :lol:

This is a waste of Maryna. It's harsh and I hate those gold hands. But kudos to Vogue Turkey for terrific model choices!

I agree completely. I was excited to see it was Maryna, but disappointed by what I saw.

Fabulous! The cover shot is striking. Maryna looks Gorgeous. I just wish that they removed the fake hand she`s holding. None the less, it`s gorgeous

Hmm, I dislike this cover from a personal taste position (don't like red, nor gold nor Maryna or Elle and even less when combined :P). Trying to be a little more objective though, I love that the excitement for experiments with concepts and the interest to explore and project their culture and its position in fashion is still something that's circling in the magazine and passed on to the viewer, you look at Vogue Turkey covers and you kind of wish you were a part of this team coming with all kinds of ideas for their 10 month-old baby.

too high in contrast. it's insane.

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't know what's the point of those golden hands, it makes the cover look awkward if not contrived.

I really like it! I appreciate the creative vision behind this cover.

I really like the cover, nice to see Maryna aswell. Can't wait to see a bigger picture.

Maryna:woot: the cover looks really promising.. can't wait to see it in HQ^_^

Love it, it looks great! maybe a little too bright but great hehe.

vtdec2010.jpg

voguemag.com.tr

Haha i think the hands are ridiculous, yet i still cant hate on the cover, it is fun, love the colours!

I couldn't stop myself from immediately buying the issue. This cover kind of gives you exicetment and makes you think about what to wear in the new year parties :P

So here comes the review:

-There is an interview with Stella McCartney but no new photos of her for the interview

-The cover and the editorial of it inside is inspired by Roxelana (for the ones who don't know who Roxelana is here is a quick information). Maryna as modern Roxelana and those shots are taken in Istanbul.

Cover and Hürrem Sultan 2010 editorial

Photographer: Ellen von Unwerth
Model: Maryna Linchuck
Stylist: Sebastian Kaufmann
Hair: Panos Papandrianos
Make-up: Ayami Nishimura

-I am not sure if this editorial is a re-print. Any Info?

Stilini İçgüdüne Bırak

Photographer: Benjamin Lennox
Model: Anouck Lepere
Stylist: Daniela Paudice
Hair: Mark Bailey
Make-up: Mary-Jane Frost

-An editorial and an interview of a Turkish Actress Demet Evgar photographed by Stefano Galuzzi

-A fashion editorial, shot in New York, modeled by one of my favourites :heart:

Karanlık Şehir

Photographer: Mariano Vivanco
Model: Ylonka Verheul
Stylist: Mary Fellowes
Hair: Fernando Torrent
Make-up: Francelle

-A photoshoot and interview with the actors and actresses of an upcoming Turkish movie photographed by Olaf Wipperfürth styled by Ece Sükan.

-Beauty editorial. Re-print i guess.

Photographer: Lachlan Bailey
Model: Heidi Mount

Very Christmas-in-Dubai, lol.

I like it a lot, hands and all. The colors remind me a bit of Stam's VR cover, but that one goes the 80s direction and this one goes the tacky wealth direction. Maryna looks great and she commands the attention with her stare.

ETA:
-The cover and the editorial of it inside is inspired by Roxelana (for the ones who don't know who Roxelana is here is a quick information). Maryna as modern Roxelana and those shots are taken in Istanbul.

And now I like it even more.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->