Where do you shop?

*Gap ( I used to shop much there, but now they closed their stores here. Their Long and Lean Jeans was perfect for me, the perfect fit )
*H&M ( sometimes they have really great stuff and sometimes really awful but I love most of her bags and accessoires , I like their basic tank tops and camisoles.About the quality , I can wear their stuff longer than 1 year ;-))
*Vero Moda ( cheaper than Zara and better quality imo, and not everybody is wearing them here, I like their stuff )
*Only( nice items and nice jeans)
*Zara ( I love the buy bags and shoes of them and wait for the sale but I don't buy many clothes by them because the quality is pretty crappy most of the time and I don't pay so that much money for that quality)
*Mango ( like their bag selection but I also wait for sale)
*Hallhuber( from time to time nice items )
*Kookai ( they used to be very nice but now....well it's fading )
*Oasis ( I really like this store though it's pricey for me )
*Review (they have nice shirts here)
*Yes&No( also nice shirts)
*French Connection( very nice items but pricey )
*C&A( nice accessoires and sometimes you can find a nice item)
*Görtz( great selection of shoes)
*Sigrun Wöhr ( great selection of shoes from cheaper ones to Prada)

I have a limited budget as student who works besides the university, so I need my time to buy stuffz if I really need it or not but I'm so addicted to accessoires and bags+shoes ;-)

Mostly thrift stores. I like Value Village because you can often find slightly nicer things there than at Goodwill or the Salvation Army, both of which tend to be picked over.

I've also started visiting the Gap again. Their sales are so good! I recently found three basic white tees (long sleeve, short sleeve, and sleeveless) for $5 a piece.

Urban Outfitters, especiallly for skirts and cute tops. Anthropologie for accessories. Outlet malls for workwear. And Target for guilt-free acquisitions. :D

I'll shop anywhere, as long as I don't pay full retail, but I have some favourites.

Simons
Les Ailes de la Mode (because I have their CC with the 10$ monthly rebate)
The wholesalers in the Chabanel garment district, where I can find French and Spanish labels: An'Ge, Fille à Suivre, Sinéquanone, Morgan, etc.
Banana Republic and Mango, whenever possible (coming soon to Montreal, though)

I buy from three boutiques in Rotterdam mostly,and from Net-a-Porter.com.

I have the occasional item from French Connection.

For jeans,I buy Replay.

I hate the chain store stuff here...they only have Zara,Mango,Vero Moda,mexx and H&M worth mentioning,and I think those shops send all their less fashionable stuff here.Plus the fabrics just feel cheap and nasty.

I LOVE LOVE ADORE the British high street and I always stock up (Top Shop,Warehouse,Rover Island,Jigsaw,Whistles...:woot: ) When I'm there.I also love Selfridges,especially for shoes and bags.

I am old (compared with some here LOL) and I studied for 10 years for my profession so I feel justified in indulging myself:lol:

I don't have whole lot around me...and I don't like driving far away to shop...so it's mostly K-mart (because I work there) and the local mall for me. A little salvo (salvation army) thrown in. I also shop at a store called Gabriel brothers...which has a lot of factory surplus but more factory irregulars...so you gotta hunt. There is a TJ Maxx around here, but I haven't gotten out there yet. Most of my clothes are pretty cheap, but I take pretty good care of them. My biggest clothing purchase in a long time was a pair of limited cargo capris for $30

Emi

Thrift stores.
I live in NZ, so no one will have any idea about the places I speak of...
-G.

I sold my soul to Neiman Marcus.

I also shop Macy's in San Francisco (no other Macy's has good stuff), Nordstroms, Saks, sometimes Gucci, sometimes Chanel, Metier, Ebay, online stores like shoplastyle and revolveclothing.com...

When I'm in the U.S... I usually buy the really simple/basic shirts, tanks, jeans etc. Japan (Tokyo) is mainly for the not-basic peices... I probably spend more money in Tokyo than in the U.S. :shock:

Old Navy
Gap
Zara
Mango
Banana Republic (occasionally)
Online - from Japanese online stores
UNIQLO
Random stores around town in Tokyo

I really don't stick to a set of stores other than that... plus, I love finding new stores around town!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
I hate that 99% of the shops here are so "trend-followy"..ew. For example..no, I do NOT WANT TO BUY A GYPSY SKIRT, give me more choices! But nooOo..every freaking shop has the same, trendy thing. :angry: :(

Last edited by a moderator:
everywhere depends on my mood and what i need.. usually i shop at Massimo Dutti,Armani,Calvin klein,DKNY,Top shop,..Harvey Nichols and saks for shoes and handbags.. i also like max mara and Ralph

*h&m (great designer inspired clothes and accessories for good prices! i just bought a "missoni" lookalike bikini from there for $20!)
*urban outfitters (for the mk&a look that i strive for. haha.)
flea markets & thrift/vintage stores (for really cheap vintage bangles and necklaces--don't fall for overpriced vintage jewelry ladies!)
forever (not century!:unsure: ) 21 (yea yea yea... but some of their basic stuff is great for a broke college student like me! some of the stuff i see there are just like tops i see at urban and 1/2 the price!)

*the store i mostly shop at basically every week. :innocent:

I do the majority of my shopping at Bloomingdale's. I have two children and they have a superb children's dept, and I usually purchase all of my work attire there (always on sale) and have a great salesman who always looks out for me.
I also like Barneys when they have a sale and have checked out many of the downtown boutiques that this forum has opened my eyes to. :smile:
Yoox also.

My staples are:
Barneys Bloomingdales or Saks for the variety of brands in one spot.
Club Monaco - my best friend. I think Club Monaco is the best designer inspired or "knockoff" store and everything always goes on sale. They had a blouse inspired by the Chole tux blouse but it was sheer and a little bit frayed :heart: as well as Miu Miu inspired bags. Great stuff.
Urban Outfitters - for a quick fix
Old Navy - for cheap plain tees
But in NY you can find so many things anywhere, so you always have your eye out for something cool.

I've never shopped online :ninja: why? Because they don't ship here :angry: and I don't have a credit card :ninja: :ninja: :ninja: :unsure:

But...
VeroModa
Only
Re-Reserved
Zara...
...and other shops that have things from miss sixty, diesel, St.Oliver

I'd kill for Burberry Chanel or Prada! :blush:

I don't 'do' malls. :yuk: except when I'm in Detroit, Somerset Mall (very upscale - no "cheap" clothes).

I usually find my fine quality, high end clothes from Designer Renaissance, a high end consignment. Everything is current. I get fabulous items, Chanel, LV, Marc Jacobs, etc ). Most of the clothes come from country music stars (like Faith Hill),socialites in the Nashville area, also boutiques around the world. I don't know how they get this great stuff, who would get rid of it?
I'm a favorite customer, which my husband hates because I sneak clothes into my house :lol:

I like boutiques instead of the mass production of malls and department stores.

The Labeladdict xoxo

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dima77
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->