Why do you like/hate John Galliano?

I <3 Galliano for his consistent exploration of fashion and his compulsion to always delve deeper. I adore his cultural and historical inspiration and his great attention to detail, embellishment and the mind-blowing couture.

I hate him for not doing a seriously cheap diffusion line.

ibimus said:
Yes. A very feminine man. So feminine it's almost unbelieveable. :lol:

What can I say? His mustache is sexy. :P
back up from mr galliano
he is mine :D LOL Joke

I love the clothes he made for Marilyn Manson. I love his over-the-top style. Dislike the pricetag.

From GETTY:

5588413620-2011.jpg

5588413820-2010.jpg

I like Galliano b/c he I really respect his visons ^_^ He is one of the most creative and genuine designers outhere. He is constantly outdoing himself. Just when you think he has done it all, he comes out w/ a totally fresh collection. I like how he is full of surprises. You never know what he will come up with next. And he has proven he is versatile through his works, however he still manages to stay true to himself :smile:

There are some designers outthere (without mentioning any names) that design really off-the-top collections just for the sake of it. Galliano does not do that. It is obviously all his designs comes from his pure natural magination, and he believes in his visions.

A lot of people can design clothes, but not all have the inborn talent to design works of art. Galliano is one of those rare designers that is also an artist. He is a definition of a true fashion designer:flower:

are you honest? Hm... I still don't think so, looks like he wanted to copy Axl Rose there
with a wig?

rouge_red said:
are you honest? Hm... I still don't think so, looks like he wanted to copy Axl Rose there
with a wig?

***Laughs***. Axl Rose? Oh yeah, I agree!

I like him 'cos he's a drama king and his creations embody different sorts of characteristics. In other words, his designs is the reflection of who he is and Dior would forever remain as a grandma's label without him.

I don't like his men's collection but his women's collection and his haute couture creations as magnificent. He is in my opinion the most creative designer alive.

i love his couture shows lately... pure beauty

i love his fw07 galliano show -- true identity

i hate his dior shows RTW (last rtw (ss07 was fine), i'm talking about FW07) ... lame, dressy, cheaper, mainstream copy of his HC.

i think it's ok to take some ideas from couture, proportions, palette, textures... but you jsut cant take a couture show "global" and forget that even if some women are gonna still buy those huge-lavish-purple-furcoats that are probably prized like couture pieces, ther's a lot more people that are gonna still need something wearable as they have been buying stuff like that for years (jeans, suits,...)

can really a company survive just selling wearable cruise/pre-fall collections? cause dior's are definetly basic/plain/bitboring-easytosell-stuff

galliano is a great artist... he always has something very unusal to show, he looks like he just came out from moulin rouge...
and to wear his clothes, u have to know how, to have personality, or else it will loose its magic:flower:

so, he is not a designer like most of them... he is an artist:heart:

his bf is hot,btw:lol:

^
and if you cant buy his clothes...
you can steal some details
to personalize your own clothes
just like I do it!!!!!!

I just would like to know if his boyfriend
is top or bottom...
:o

Last edited by a moderator:
I love and hate Mr. Galliano at the same time.

Why do I love him?
- He's incredible work is magnificent!! His designs are amazing!! Always something new and fresh~!

Why do I hate him?
- We all know that Mr. Galliano is also famous for loving fur. I can't believe how many animals he kills a year.

Mr. Galliano

Who's next?

^
I understand that Galliano doesnt kill any animal...
He only makes amazing pieces with his skins...

Yimi said:
^
and if you cant buy his clothes...
you can steal some details
to personalize your own clothes
just like I do it!!!!!!

I just would like to know if his boyfriend
is top or bottom...
:o

agreed on the first part, but the second part,....there is a thread for that:D

and,yes,killing animals for anything but food is very ugly,actually it is awful, but he is not the only one who is doing it... plus, he is a bit of a freak, so i guess he never thinks of that as killing... probably as transforming...
but, still there should be global law against killing animals... till then i just won't ever in my life wear fur! that is all i can do...
i cannopt afford galliano,anyways....:lol:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fashionhill
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->