Why do you like/hate John Galliano?

J'adore Dior Baby!

I LOVE :heart: John Galliano!:heart: I love his last work as well. I do wish he had a better website though.

Last edited by a moderator:
dragonlance said:
I hate him because his clothes are unwearble yet overpriced. I hat him because he is such a label wh*re.
this is just what i think about him

He is such a great designer and so talanted. It takes true skill to combine the concepts that he does. That said, I found his collection for Dior Haute Couture inappropriate for the house. The shows was more John Galliano Haute Couture than Christian Dior Haute Couture. In that situation, the lines have become blurred.

like him for his wonderful works
dislike his high horse..but that's part of his charm..XD
but yes..i feel like he's going downwards now..but everyone's got a limit and high & low

I like Galliano for his art and telent. he is and mind bloing designer .............

hi all plz can any one help me where can i get the site for forcaste search and also for free freelance job search and also other fashion sites which are usefull to us in fashion designing ........

if u know any then plz post me or mail me at : [email protected] i will be much thank full to u ...... plzzz plzzz plzzz help me out ......

i need ur help.......plzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

and check these
http://www.freewebs.com/amitdavda

i love him for couture
i hate him for J'adore dior tshirts

like many have said i love him because of his talent for rtw and couture but hate him for the overpricey crap he designs for his own label.

I love him for what he did with New Look in his latest Haute Couture collection.
I hate him for all the tacky accessories labelled "Dior".

La bordélique said:
I love him for what he did with New Look in his latest Haute Couture collection.
I hate him for all the tacky accessories labelled "Dior".
Ditto

that collection was awesome- and i liked the lace spring one too. his logomania though is :yuk:

I want the old, humble genius he once was and not this poster boy for the cringe making designer stereotype he's become.

i dislike him because his clothies are tacky and unwearale and unusable and digustingly overpriced, Tho i like him because i see potential every once in a while-eg-Giselle B.'s empire dress...taht i just loved...

theres a story in todays wwd about his new cheaper line.

http://wwd.com/notavailable/dotcom?target=/issue/article/106767&articleId=106767&articleType=A&industryKw=issue

Galliano Unveils Name of New Line
By Miles Socha
PARIS — John Galliano will soon be within reach of a much broader audience.

Sharing details for the first time about his forthcoming second ready-to-wear line, the designer told WWD the collection — labeled Galliano — will be priced about 40 percent less than his signature range, but with the same design sensibility and the manufacturing prowess of licensing partner IT Holding.

finally

lucy92 said:
theres a story in todays wwd about his new cheaper line.

http://wwd.com/notavailable/dotcom?target=/issue/article/106767&articleId=106767&articleType=A&industryKw=issue

Galliano Unveils Name of New Line
By Miles Socha
PARIS — John Galliano will soon be within reach of a much broader audience.

Sharing details for the first time about his forthcoming second ready-to-wear line, the designer told WWD the collection — labeled Galliano — will be priced about 40 percent less than his signature range, but with the same design sensibility and the manufacturing prowess of licensing partner IT Holding.

So, we could wear Galliano?
someone has the complete
article?
anyway I was always wearing Galliano
in my way
:brows:

from vogue.co.uk

THE NEW GALLIANO
spacer.gif
JOHN GALLIANO's new diffusion line, expected to be 40 per cent less expensive than his signature collections, will be available in July – and the world is bound to go mad for it. "I've had the jeans and people have been receptive, but the prices have been prohibitive," he told WWD. "We'll be addressing the existing customer and a new customer, too." Comprising 300 pieces including tailored looks, sportswear, swimwear, knitwear, denim and bias-cut dresses, the new Galliano label will sell from 500 outlets worldwide and its licensing partner, IT Holding, is even considering the potential of freestanding boutiques. But the designer himself doesn't want to rush anything and catwalk shows and advertising campaigns aren't in the pipeline yet. "I'm practically doing a show every four weeks," he said. "I don't think I need to rush into it. It's been a lot of work." Boasting the same design sensibility and manufacturing standards to which we have become accustomed from Galliano, this new line is surely destined for every front row seat when the international catwalk shows begin again in September. "It appeals to a sophisticated audience," he went on. "We want it to be cool." (June 1 2006, AM)

i bought a tee last week, very nice :P but......i just realised....Oooh:shock: ...too overpriced:doh: ....crying at the corner :cry:

When I talk specifically about John Galliano men's line, I have two different opinions towards him. I have to say that the extravagant desings for man are true haute couture and are in my opinion the richest clothes for man that I can imagine. Due to John Galliano man can shine and be diva's and can be old-fashioned sexy.

But his designs also have many weak points. My opinion is that John Galliano is too expensive, I mean € 850 for zipper cotton trousers with Gazette print goes way too far. And then the wool blazers: € 1500 + :blink:

Next to that is the unwearability of many items, even though that unwearability gives the brand a cult status.

I do not like that John Galliano is going to design a diffusion line which will be manufactured by Ittierre:cry:. Never though a man like him would so such kind of thing, but yeah he has to generate some cashflow to invest in his main line.

John Galliano is a one man show. A fashion genius. Although I feel that he always goes a little too overboard - whether it be the provocative woman's wear or the over logo-ed, over priced tshirts, or the fact that he focuses more on the presentation of his show rather than the garments and the models themselves.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SnakePlissken
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->