1920s Actresses (February 2004 - November 2010)

Status
Not open for further replies.
^ Thanks again LS!! A couple of those pictures must have been considered borderline p*rn*gr*ph*c in their day!! I mean these were the days when showing the inside of a woman's thigh was cause to be arrested!!:lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
:P..

carole dempster in "sally of the sawdust"

ebay.com
caroldempsterinsallyoft.jpg

"sally of the sawdust"!! I'd have to watch that just for the title!! :lol:

ziegfeld follies photographed by white studios
don't know the girls names or the year of the show ..but omg they look so glamorous i just have to post..

ebay.com
chorusgirlsbywhite1920s.jpg

There were three movies I know of Ziegfeld Girl, Ziegfeld Follies and The Great Ziegfeld- they are a wonderful time capsule of what it was all about, even though the movies were done in the 1930s after it was pretty much all over... B)

Quick story about Bebe Daniels. She went to Chicago for a personal performance and checked into the Chicago Hotel. She discovered a thief stole all her jewelry (worth several thousands of dollars!) When Al Capone learned of this, he was furious. Seems he was a big fan of Miss Daniels. Word went out - Return the jewelry within 24 hours or you'll be swimmin' with da fishes! Next day, the jewelry appeared. Source: www/cyrano.ch

^ I remember that Bebe story- it is in a biography of Capone I have; he really did run Chicago!! B)

I often think I would have loved to have seen some of these girls in person...by our standards of today, many of them would not be considered great beauties... :(

^ I remember that Bebe story- it is in a biography of Capone I have; he really did run Chicago!! B)

Yeah, he sure did. They're still talking about him here...almost a hundred years later.:lol::rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brianapalm
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->