gernreichsstrompe.jpg
gernreichsstrompebodice.jpg
gernreichsstrompedetail.jpg

www.enokiworld.com

Mvc-016f.jpg

Shirt with harness attached, this time in black

www.costumes.org

fantastic pictures!

the videos are rather irritating, it's more about that whole topless-phenomenon. in the first one you see a news-show from 1970 and the reporter is repeatedly saying that there is nothing new at the riviera until he he comes to one thing that is new and that's the monokini.

in the second you see a television-show where parents have to guess which outfit their daughter chose. everyone agrees on the see-through thing (is it by gernreich??) and when asked why they all say: "well, my daughter likes pants".

(i'm explaining since they are german)

nice documents of that time, though.

the whole exhibition must have been fantastic, there is also an interesting essay by elfriede jelinek on that page if anyone reads german.

the 'basic black' still.. must be my new avatar, love it, thanks again

Awesome! You're welcome, Lena. I really like the film stills too, now to sit and watch them...

I heard about him before, but now that there is a thread about him that has photos and links that discuss and show his work in-depth I am really astonished at his influence on contemporary design. He really has been left-out.

Thanks Cerfas!

:woot: igniii where have you been? missed u much :flower:

Lena said:
space
and yes, he was one of the most renovative designers of this century, a real master :heart:

and then, there are those that say U.S. has brought us no 'real' inovative design.. hmm just take a look at Rudi's work guys :D

yes, and from LA tow, he's such a inspiration to me.

I love his androgenious couple:heart:
Great pics cerfas:woot: thanks a tone

off topic: stick around now, will you ingi? :flower:

Permit me to put some life back into this thread ^_^

source: american-buddha.com

it seems he is the grandpapa of modern style... thanks for the excellent thread cerfas and everyone for contributing... karma for you!

helena said:
thanks Lena - I love the little dress posted last - the purple one. Its like a cute little kimono dress -I wish there would be a kimono trend........I adore them.

One of his signatures was his kimono style dresses. Which I have seen a couple of designers riping off recently.

Thanks disviolines, toohip, and fuchimama for all the new pictures! Fuchimama, that bathing suit is really nice. And toohip, you're welcome :smile:
bikini.jpg
www.vintagetextile.com

Sorry guys, for some reason when I post the page breaks aren't showing up! What's going on...?

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
carolreefs
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->