5 "Other" brands u like

Dries van Noten (admittedly not an emerging designer)
Rick Owens
Proenza Schouler
Walter
Lee Brevard (jewelry)

Add in some Prada and some Urban Outfitters cheapies, a dash of YSL and DVF, lots of vintage, and the requisite 192 pairs of jeans, and you have my entire freakin' wardrobe.

faust said:
Do you know who owns Phi? :D

Yeah, I know it´s owned by Susan Dell... one might argue about the fact if it is still to be considered as a "small" designer, but I like their collections quite a lot. I cannot despise what they do simply because they are in the "money is no issue" level.

Boyish said:
Well they worked together on Helle's first show and collection....

Henrik Vibskov's show is this weekend somewhere on Islands brygge, he is joined by Gitte Wetter (some danish designer) and a (british?) design student from Central Saint Martins London....

Helle is displaying her S/S 2006 from today untill sunday at Showroom Symbiose situated in Krystalgade....

Hope this helps

Oh, thank you..

He's joined by Stine Goya, she's danish..

Grey Ant
Cloak
Alexander Herchovitch
Aquascutum
Roland Mouret

Ann Demeulemeester
Cloak
Doo.Ri
Roland Mouret
Rosa Cha

I don't have five but...

Doo Ri
La Petite Salope

tricotineacetat said:
Yeah, I know it´s owned by Susan Dell... one might argue about the fact if it is still to be considered as a "small" designer, but I like their collections quite a lot. I cannot despise what they do simply because they are in the "money is no issue" level.

I don't despise it :flower:
On the contrary, and despite myself (for obvious reasons), I like it. It's just hard to get over the irony (or in Softie's words, "It's good; that's what's scary". But hey, after all, she does not design the clothes. The way the New York fashion week looks it might be the best show in the tents - I might go :D .

sinahstanic
ann demeulemeester
raf simons
cloak
does vivienne westwood count??

faust said:
I don't despise it :flower:
On the contrary, and despite myself (for obvious reasons), I like it. It's just hard to get over the irony (or in Softie's words, "It's good; that's what's scary". But hey, after all, she does not design the clothes. The way the New York fashion week looks it might be the best show in the tents - I might go :D .

Yeah, these have been pretty much my thoughts when I first heard who´s brand this actually is... back then I haven´t even seen what kind of clothes they made, so I thought like... my god, a collection from a bored billionaire´s wife?!

The clothes themselves are very good though, at least in my opinion. The construction is very sophisticated and I also like the restrained colour story & fabrics... It´s definitely not representive of the established, New York fashion... true, there are some parallels to people like Nicolas Guèsquiere, but I think since it´s a new label, they still need a bit more time to find their own voice, I´m very confident though that they might find their own niche, especially now that modernity has lost it´s most prominent defender, Helmut Lang.

"other" favs

1. Joe's Jeans(even though I do not yet own a pair)
2. Divine by H&M ..I love the color assortment I find on this line of clothing
3. Brooks Brothers for Boys...the have the most awesome little blazers that are perfect for a boyish chic look
4. Puma!!!!
5. The Gap's 1968 line is fabulous. especially the white tee shirts.

At the moment, for me to acquire/wear personally this Fall:
Raf Simons
Man of Moods
Victor & Rolf
Number (N)ine
N.D.C.

tuomas said:
no order of preference here, i like them all,why doesn't ackermann do menswear, damn..
-raf simons
-rick owens
-ann demeulemeester
-carol christian poell
-haider ackermann

Yes please.

here we go:

Tripp NYC
Aeropostale (yay they finally got skinny jeans)
Metomorphose
Armani Exchange, if not Vivien Westwood, if not that anything 'Hot Topic' Carries
American Eagle

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
amywhiffen
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->