(500) Days of Summer

tumblr_kybtwcdBrV1qzmzv5o1_500.jpg

tumblr|zooeydeschanel

:lol:

My friend Zach was telling me he was watching "(500) Days of Summer" but only watched about 15 minutes of it. He said, "Yeah, I only saw about 7 days of Summer." :lol:

^ :rofl:

I read an interesting article a few weeks ago on why it was snubbed of an Oscar nom.

'(500) Days of Summer,' 'Bright Star,' 'Where the Wild Things Are': What went wrong?
by Dave Karger

Over the last few months I’ve noticed several movies repeatedly popping up in your comments to my OscarWatch posts. Three of those films — (500) Days of Summer, Bright Star, and Where the Wild Things Are — were all but left out of this week’s Academy Award nominations announcement despite mostly positive reviews and strong cult followings. So let’s look at each of these entries and figure out how they went from possible awards bait to eventual also-rans.

(500) DAYS OF SUMMER
The quirky summer comedy was one of the breakouts from Sundance, along with Precious and An Education. It scored three major Spirit Award nominations and two big Golden Globe nods, for Best Comedy and Best Actor in a Comedy, but lost both, even though some prognosticators (like myself) thought it had a shot at the Best Comedy trophy. While it was always a dark horse for one of the ten Best Picture slots, its adorable script by Scott Neustadter and Michael H. Weber was considered a top contender for Best Original Screenplay, even earning a Writers Guild nomination alongside A Serious Man and The Hurt Locker. But The Messenger stole its Oscar slot. The fault doesn’t lie with the campaign: Even after Fox Searchlight focused its attention on its late addition, Crazy Heart, it still did right by (500) Days in terms of For Your Consideration ads and industry events. But at the end of the day, the Academy is still an older voting body, and likely didn’t fall for the film’s bittersweet tone as much as all of us fans did.
http://oscar-watch.ew.com/2010/02/05/500-days-of-summer-bright-star-where-the-wild-things-are-what-went-wrong/

Bought this on DVD a couple of weeks ago and I enjoyed it. Not as much as I would of liked to, but still.

tumblr_kvs84ijX4a1qziyd9o1_400.png

500daysofsummer tumblr

I love Zooey but I dont know if she is really a great actress. But in this movie, I was so amazed by her performance.

About the movie, I love it. It's kind of simple, but it can really touch you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
misslola
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->