81st Annual Academy Awards

Miley and Beyonce both looked horrific. Whoever assured them that they looked gorgeous in those dresses was absolutely crazy. But then again, these girls are quite infamous for lookin' disastrous in red carpet events... Oh well.

Okay enough of the ugliness.

Moving on..

SJP looked incredibly cute in Dior HC. Tilda was stunning in Lanvin, thanks to her amazing quirky style. Angelina looked like a goddess, as always, and I loved how she paired the black dress with those beautiful forest green earrings. Anne definitely was the head turner of the night, she looked lovely. Halle looked simple yet smashing. Nicole is finally back to her old glamorous self. Marion was undeniably beautiful in the modified Dior HC. Sean and Hugh both looked handsome and sexy tonight. And it can be said that Meryl is aging gracefully.

**Kudos to the phenomenal production design crew of this year's Oscars. What they did to enhance the spark of the show is truly admirable. :wink:

Last edited by a moderator:
um why? Why would you be "disgusted" with his nomination? I understand disputing his win simply because of his untimely demise, but his performance as the Joker was outstanding. Very very good in the very least.

^I agree, Heath's performance as the Joker was absolutely outstanding. He deserves the nomination and the win.

The Good: Anne Hathaway, Marisa Tomei, Evan Rachel Wood, Nicole Kidman, NATALIE PORTMAN!!!
The Bad(Boring:( Kate Winslet, SJP, Penelope Cruz, Angelina Jolie, Freida Pinto (what a disappointment), Amy Adams(weird color choices there)
The Ugly: Beyonce, Jessica Biel, Sophia Loren, Heidi Klum, Reese Witherspoon
that's it so far... I'm so happy for Slumdog!!:heart::blush:

Tilda-perfection head to toe:heart:
Reese-interesting and bold
Marion-just radiant
Nicole-gorgeous gorgeous

Beyonce-she should have been the drapes for the evening, what in the hell:yuk::sick:

Exactly! I think SM has pulled one of the biggest magic tricks since Houdini. I'll be honest, i watched this movie and thought it was enjoyable at best. Then all this talk of Oscar and awards and I was scratching my head as to why? Its nothing special, its predictable, and the kids outacted the adults. Oscar? Well oscar's track record has been sketchy of late so it doesnt really surprise. I mean, Crash over Brokeback mountain?

i have to agree :unsure:...certainly not the most outstanding film as it has been hyped up to be...i don't quite understand how it happened either.. i loved the first half, with the children, and i agree that they absolutely stole the show. still, i am happy that a film portraying a people and a culture other than the typical american stuff won and is being highlighted.....there were some wonderful things about this film, and i liked the message, but i certainly don't understand the award show sweep..:innocent:

I :heart::heart::heart: Nicole Kidman's and Marion Cotillard's dresses. They were absolutely, devine.

I completely agree. I was thoroughly disgusted that he was nominated.
Agreed. I know everyone is entitled to their opinions, but I really think this whole Health thing was all hype. He died before the movie came out...rumors swirled that this was the role that killed him!...it was too intense for this frail, young actor!...everyone went in wearing rose colored glasses and saw an Oscar winning performance. End of story.

When in reality, he played a creep. Don't get me wrong, he successfully played a creep..he was scary...but then again...so was Freddy Kruger.:innocent:

I had to fast forward his family's acceptance of his award. It's certainly very sad that he passed away, but it was too much of a pity party for my taste. And honestly...I didn't even think the guy was that great of an actor to begin with.:shock:

As far as the clothes this year...yawn, yawn, YAWN! If I never end up being a designer, I WILL be a celebrity stylist...I just can't handle another red carpet littered with predictable ball gowns.

Last edited by a moderator:
um why? Why would you be "disgusted" with his nomination? I understand disputing his win simply because of his untimely demise, but his performance as the Joker was outstanding. Very very good in the very least.

Um well... I really can't get in to it here because of the forum rules... which I'm sure you're familiar with.

But thanks for giving your opinion!

:flower:

I will stick my neck out and agree with you dior_couture; esp the part about rose colored glasses.

um... i don't really get the appeal of SJP's look
her boobs were distracting...in a bad way..
can i say 'disgusting'?!

btw,the best dressed is nicole with no doubts!

Agreed. I know everyone is entitled to their opinions, but I really think this whole Health thing was all hype. He died before the movie came out...rumors swirled that this was the role that killed him!...it was too intense for this frail, young actor!...everyone went in wearing rose colored glasses and saw an Oscar winning performance. End of story.

When in reality, he played a creep. Don't get me wrong, he successfully played a creep..he was scary...but then again...so was Freddy Kruger.:innocent:

I had to fast forward his family's acceptance of his award. It's certainly very sad that he passed away, but it was too much of a pity party for my taste. And honestly...I didn't even think the guy was that great of an actor to begin with.:shock:

As far as the clothes this year...yawn, yawn, YAWN! If I never end up being a designer, I WILL be a celebrity stylist...I just can't handle another red carpet littered with predictable ball gowns.

He brilliantly played the creep. There was hype about heath's portrayal even before his death or the movie's premiere.. I think there's a lot you're leaving out to his credit, and everyone I know who's seen the film was awestruck by his performance. I find it "disgusting" that some can be so resentful just because someone's passed, but I suppose that kind of criticism is expected in a situation like this. :unsure:

i thought kate winslet was the best dressed (and i can't believe i am saying that rofl)

OK i wish Marion go the orginal with that amazing neck line thing and not made it custom and strapless. Beyonce - wtf ? did her mother did the dress ? Nicole look very nice, also i love the dress of SJP - minus the bust line coz her boobs attacked her face a little. Unfortunatelly most of dresses were so predictable and well yes - boring. Penelope was a let down and her hair...Angelina although it was black dress again i really like it , probably coz of shape, lot of skin around neck and face plus statement jewely in amazing shade.

:lol: Stiller actually did something funny. I was surprised there were more hits than miss @ the red carpet this time around.

My favorite dress of the night was Marion Cotillard's, hands down. It was gorgeous

I thought Nicole Kidman looked really good, and I usually thinks she looks wretched. Her make-up artists did a fantastic job. She was also the best dressed of the night imo.

Angelina looked stunning. I am so glad she chose a flattering cut for once, even though the dress was predictably boring, but we all know she isn't about making a fashion statement. The big surprise was that Brad actually looked handsome and attractive tonight (and I usually find him so bland).

Anne Hataway was gorgeous on screen. I did not care for what she wore but she has a special aura and beauty that does not translate well in pictures.

SJP looked utterly vulgar to me. Those breast were indecent especially considering how close they were to her unappealing face. I am sorry but the first thought I had was 'hag'. Not nice, I know.

Marion made my heart beat faster during her homage to Kate (snooze fest, BTW, but thank god she spared us the flood-work). She has a touching vibrato in her voice when she speaks and is so full of life and romance. She is a beautiful person. Dress was nice.

Sean Penn is a real man. Not a perfect man by all mean (a cheat and a bully and a complete jerk at time for sure), but at least he can stand up courageously and loyally for what he believes and I respect that kind of integrity. It's sexy. There aren't a lot of grown-ups in Hollywood.

Hugh, from what I have seen, is charm personified and I expect more Oscar hosting duties for him.

If anyone know where I can watch/download the full telecast I would be extremely grateful

That's all.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rare
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->