A Magazine #9 : Curated by Proenza Schouler

To be honest, i'm not feeling it!

Anyone has the mag & maybe can scan the ed with Ranya + Meghan? :unsure: :flower: Would be highly appreciated. Because I have no idea where to buy it here in Austria ...

so A magazine is turning into another bland indie magazine? it was so cool, when it was just curated by someone and you saw things inspiring author. the last one like this was the one with Tisci (one of the best in the same row than # 4- curated by Takashi Undercover)- just pure art.

so surprised they seem that much 'influenced' by land art !!!
or at least so surprised they let that much space to it ... interesting !

i think it's funny how they constructed their 'curated issue' as a 'real' fashion magazine ... with an art section and fashion editorials.

i'm not sure it's uninspired ...

i really don't know what to think, yet ...

it seems to be very classic ...

so here's a small preview:

source nymag.com

photos by (from left to right): David Sherry, Jose Miner, Roe Ethridge (from a selection of photos titled "Missy in Furs in Western Mass," shot by Roe Ethridge on March 28 and 29 of this year), Missy Rayder by Roe Ethridge, Ranya Mordanova in Proenza Schouler FW09 by Craig McDean

source nymag.com

photos by (from left to right): Sofie Nielander by Camille Vivier - 2 pics, Hanne Gaby Odiele by Max farago, Panos Yiapanis, Solve Sundsbo - 2 pics (one featuring Luke).

still trying to make my mind up about this issue
kinda feel a little disappointed, doesn't seem as visually arresting as Riccardo Tisci's

i have this issue and must say loved it!
love the entire editorial of men in ladies clothes :innocent: and cover is sublime!

not impressed. sorry but it does nothing for me.

I have bought every issue of this magazine except the one by Haider Ackerman. I think the best one is still the first issue by Margiela which is truly collectible, and the second best will be Jun Takahashi. I don't care much about the rest of them. To me this magazine is changing into a random photo album. maybe with a personal artistic touch by the designer who curates the particular issue. I am just not into the whole concept that much and I am really wondering how much efforts have been put into "curating" this magazine by some of designers. Some of those pictures we see in this magaizne are inspiring and some of the others are really quite random and trite.

Plus its price has gone up a lot, which is quite a trun-off to me. I forgot the exact price of the first two issues by MMM and Yohji, but it's definitely around $20 or even lower. How much did I paid for the last issue? I believe it's around $35. Don't know how much this lastest issue will cost. I think I'll skip it unless it's priced below $20, which is the most unlikely I suspect.

Last edited by a moderator:
^i dunno mine are still about the same they've always been. around 15-17USD. i think it really depends on whose imagery in general you feel you like. that's why i hope for a.f. vandevorst or boudicca designers zowie and brian to curate soon. i enjoy the imagery as it is i can only imagine what they would do for an entire magazine.

for the most part all of the issues have been really high-quality. i really wish they were still selling the very first issues....a-dirk van saene,b-bernhard willhelm and c-hussein chalayan. to me those i shall never part with.....ever.

My fave issue is the one curated by Olivier Theyskens.

i'm not sure. i always felt this allowed the designers the opportunity to express their vision and aesthetic beyond the clothes they create and that is why this issue disappoints me, in particular the "fashion" section. it is nothing beyond what we would see in any publication and editorial featuring their clothes. apart from the images by panos yiapanis, the rest are just generic sub-standard designer features you'd see in iD. i don't feel that this issue has given me any visual insight of Proenza Schouler as a brand or a creative couple

well I brought this mag and thoroughly enjoyed the articles though the eds were okay...

A Magazine #9: Style Noir.

Photographer: Craig McDean
Fashion Editor: Karl Templer
Models: Jamie Bochert, Hannelore Knuts, Alla, Meghan Collison, Ranya & Renee Dorski

Self-Scan via AX80.com

has anyone got a link of the issue curated by riccardo tisci? :smile:

If anyone could scan in the editorial with Luke Worrall and Josh Bitelli it would be much appreciated as I am working for their agency at the minute and A Magazine have stated the issue has sold out.

Many thanks if you can.

The McDean ed is nice. Thanks for scanning :flower:

In a certain way, I'm led to thinking of just moving on to the next issue and completely disregard this one. It's just that Proenza Schouler doesn't strike a chord or fit in the picture or image projected by a publication like this one.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Figedifug
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->