Abercrombie & Fitch

i was sort of obsessed w/ abercrombie for awhile during middle school and freshman year in high school... not anymore. lol.. but i still like their track jackets (they don't do them anymore) and i love their fleeces (these days i don't like the design....)... i probably have a couple of fleece hoodies.. i love hoodies... but thats about it.... i think i have a mini denim skirt....

but i feel their clothes are all the same every year.. they just alter some stuff in their tanks/jackets..... im over w/ the prep style...

When I was in a nightmarket in China, there was an Abercrombie knockoff that read "Queen of B*#$H!":lol:

I worked at A&F when I was in high school...it was so popular during that time. Whether some like it or not, the quality of some of their items is very good. I have some sweaters from there that I know I will not be throwing out any time soon.

It's so funny how they try to recruit me every time I step foot in there...it happens so much I have stopped going to the A&F by my house and shop online if I need something THAT bad...which is pretty much next to never now.

tutty - you are right, they don't take many chances and stay with what they know is safe and will sell, hence not really changing much each season.

Last edited by a moderator:
Played out, tacky, repetitive.. just some of the words that come to mind when I think of A&F/Hollister/Aeropostale and whatever related fake surfer prep brands.
Once in a while I might see a decent shirt or something, but I know that there will be at least 10 people within the 5 km radius wearing it too.
I think there are ways to wear it and still look half decent, but the way a lot of people match it with other brands is just hideous.. like an A&F logo tee, Juicy sweats, and Uggs.. some sort of "uniform" for wanna be Valley girls between the ages of 12-30.

I worked at A&F when I was in high school...it was so popular during that time. Whether some like it or not, the quality of some of their items is very good. I have some sweaters from there that I know I will not be throwing out any time soon.

I don't know about that. I'd say that some of their items are good, but all the rest are not. I know that every single shirt I have ever bought at A&F has either had the color washed out after first washing, gotten torn/ripped, buttons have flown off, lettering peeled.... :rolleyes:needless to say, I don't shop there anymore.

I think there are ways to wear it and still look half decent, but the way a lot of people match it with other brands is just hideous.. like an A&F logo tee, Juicy sweats, and Uggs.. some sort of "uniform" for wanna be Valley girls between the ages of 12-30.
ahhh..you are so right:rofl::lol:

ptown - that is exactly why I said some of their items and not all... :innocent:

fashionboi...the way you described it is exactly what I see on the young girls in the mall, I actually saw it this weekend!

^Do you think A&F is more popular now or more popular when you were in HS? :wink:

I think it still is really popular with the high school and college crowds. I am in college now but I think it's a draw whether it was more popular then than now. Girls in my HS were into AF but quickly moved on to things like Seven Jeans and Juicy Couture when they got popular. My high school was very brand name concious. I actually don't think some things from AF are that bad, LOL!

Played out, tacky, repetitive.. just some of the words that come to mind when I think of A&F/Hollister/Aeropostale and whatever related fake surfer prep brands.
Once in a while I might see a decent shirt or something, but I know that there will be at least 10 people within the 5 km radius wearing it too.

My sentiments exactly.

what does everyone think of their music? :flower:
i, personally, <3 it. :heart:

It's much too loud to concentrate on the specific song/artist! And wow, a lot of my posts were deleted from this thread. :unsure:

but why do you need to concentrate on a specific artist? :flower: i like the music because they're mostly mixes & so . . ALIVE :buzz:

thier soundtrack often feature amazing artists, btw ^_^

This guy who lives on my floor got signed with A&F as a model. Obviously he's the tall, buff, blue-eyed all-american looking kid.

^lol

I get a lot of abercrombie export surplus where I live. I agree the quality of their clothes is really good. The t shirts never fade out. Although am not a big fan of theirs.

I really liked when they had their Ezra Fitch line in production. It showed a brief interest in higher quality materials and a slight departure from their typical (read same stuff every year) stock. The selvage denim bootcuts, cashmere (yeah right :wink: ) blend sweaters, and ultra soft v-neck tees are still in my wardrobe though I've moved on from buying A&F. I haven't been to a Gilly Hicks (it's nowhere near me), but I have been to Hollister and Ruehl No. 925; and except for the labels stitched on each garment, they're all the same. Seriously unimaginative.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
neverchiu
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->