Achieving Award Show/Red Carpet Looks

uma thurmon at the 76th academy awards (makeup411)
Blush Deluxe blush in Fuchsia Flushstick on apples. Eye Shadow Deluxe Cream Powder Eye Shadows in Crushed Peach and Burnished Bronze. Eye Liner Deluxe Eye Pencil in Bootsy Brown. False Lashes added a few individual lashes to Uma's lashline. Lips Deluxe Lipstick in Ernest. Highlights / Countour Highlighted with Deluxe Liquid Pearl on cheekbones. Additional Information Body: Liquid Pearl to add shimmer to décolleté.

Attachments

• uma.jpg
    uma.jpg
    45.2 KB · Views: 145
laura linney at this years golden globes
(info from makeup411, pic from tvguide)
Skin Care La Mer The Mist, La Mer The Moisturizing Lotion, La Mer The Lip Balm Foundation Diorskin Pure Light in Light Beige Concealer Diorskin Sculpt Lifting Smoothing Concealer in Beige Powder Physician's Formula Organic Wear 100% Natural Origin Pressed Powder in Buff Beige Organics Bronzer Physician's Formula Shimmer Strips in Sunkissed Glow (Highlighter). This product has not been released yet, but an equivalent product is Physician's Formula Shimmer Strips Custom Bronzer, Blush & Eye Shadow in Malibu Strip/Pink Sand Bronzer. Also, Schlip used Physician's Formula Organic wear® 100% Natural Origin 2-in-1 Bronzer & Blush in Light Bronzer/Pink Rose. Body: M.A.C. Strobe Cream Blush Physician's Formula Organic wear® 100% Natural Origin 2-in-1 Bronzer & Blush in Light Bronzer/Pink Rose Eye Shadow Physician's Formula Shimmer Strips Custom Bronzer, Blush & Eye Shadow in Miami Strip Eye Liner Physician's Formula Eye Definer Felt-Tip Eye Marker in Soft Black and Dior Crayon Eyeliner Waterproof in 094/Trinidad Black Brows Dior Powder Eyebrow Pencil in Blonde Mascara Diorshow Mascara Lips Dior Addict Ultra-Gloss in A Lick of Taffy and Dior Rouge Contour lipliner in Nude Rose Highlights / Countour Physician's Formula Shimmer Strips in Sunkissed Glow (Highlighter) and Physician's Formula Organic wear® 100% Natural Origin 2-in-1 Bronzer & Blush in Light Bronzer / Pink Rose. Body: M.A.C. Strobe Cream

Attachments

• laura3.jpg
    laura3.jpg
    57.8 KB · Views: 1
Makeup Artist Rachel Goodwin did the Chanel makeup for actress Penelope Cruz. Beauty inspiration-”I was inspired by her gorgeous dress, which had a historical feel to it. I wanted to add a dramatic flair to her look with her makeup, which I did with a navy cat eye.”Beauty Tip-Rachel gave Penelope a stunning, dramatic look on the red carpet. she created a navy cat eye by lining the eyes with Precision Eye Definer in Blue Jean, then smudged the navy shadow from Quadra Eyeshadow in Bleu Celeste on top of the liner, giving her a deep blue almond shaped eye. She used Teint Innocence foundation in Soft Honey on her skin, and gave her complexion a matte, velvet finish with Poudre Cristalline Ultra-Fine Translucent Powder. Rachel applied a new Rouge Allure shade, Naive, to Penelope’s lips for a pinkish nude lip.(talkingmakeup)

Attachments

• penelope.jpg
    penelope.jpg
    94.7 KB · Views: 3
Makeup artist Paul Starr did the chanel makeup for Jennifer Garner. Beauty inspiration-”My inspiration tonight was the glamour old Hollywood; evoking the beauty of Grace Kelly and Audrey Hepburn. This was the first time Jennifer was wearing a black dress on the red carpet, so I wanted to give her a strong look.”
Beauty tip-Jennifer looked classically beautiful and glamorous on the red carpet. Paul started by creating a strong, sculpted eye. He achieved this look by lining the upper and lower lash lines with Intense Eye Pencil in Noir, and then perfecting the line with Automatic Liquid Eyeliner in Noir. Paul shaped the lids with a shimmery taupe shadow from Quadra Eye Shadow in Dunes, and applied Inimitable Mascara in Noir-Black to the lashes. He used Teint Innocence, a sheer foundation, to give Jennifer’s skin a fresh, flawless radiance. Finally, Paul completed the look with Rouge Allure in Tender, and elegant beige-pink.(talkingmakeup)

Attachments

• garner.jpg
    garner.jpg
    81.3 KB · Views: 1
Makeup artist Monika Blunder did the chanel makeup for actress Katherine Heigl. Beauty inspiration-”My inspiration was ‘roman retro’ with minimalist glamour. The makeup had a warm glow and sun-kissed look. She looked like she just got back from vacation in St. Tropez!”Beauty tip-Katherine was gorgeous and luminous on the red carpet. Monika gave her a bold, bright, poppy hued mouth with Aqualumiere Gloss in Party Red, a new gloss formula from Chanel launching in May, flown in from Paris for the Oscar red carpet. She applied Sheer Brilliance in Sunkissed to give Katherine’s complexion a subtle, bronze glow. On her cheeks, Monika used Powder Blush in Horizon, a warm coral shade. She created a defined eye with Intense Eye Pencil in Ambre, and applied beige and brown shadows from Quadra Eye Shadow in Dunes to the lids. Finally, Monika added a touch of glamour to the eyes with Inimitable Mascara in Noir-Black.

Attachments

• heigl.jpg
    heigl.jpg
    93.4 KB · Views: 3
Kristin Scott Thomas at this years golden globes

I got the rundown on Kristin’s makeup, created by makeup artist Vanessa Scali:
The look was inspired by her 40’s style Lanvin dress. 40’s style is classic simplicity - think Katherine Hepburn. Radiant skin, a clean eye and a simple stain on the lips.
UNDEREYE: Lancôme’s Effecernes in Light Bisque. It gives clean, fresh, flawless coverage.
FOUNDATION: Applied minimal foundation, Kristen has nearly flawless skin. Bobbi Brown Stick foundations #3 &#4.
BLUSH: Stila’s All Over Color in Poppy on the apples of the cheeks.
EYESHADOW: Le Metier de Beaute’s True Shadow in Sugar all over the eye and sweep of Jojo at the outer corners of the eyes for a touch of drama.
EYE LINER: To define and elongate the lashline, I used Le Métier de Beaute’s Precision Liner in black.
MASCARA: I prefer luxuriously full lashes but do not want to sacrifice length. So I mix my mediums - DiorShow in Black from the root to the center of the lash and Maybelline’s Lash Stiletto from center to tips. The result is gorgeously lush and seductively lengthy lashes!
POWDER: The 40’s look is very clean and dewy so only powder where you need it. I used Le Métier de Beaute’s Classic Flawless Finish powder in Translucent.
LIPS: I prepped her lips with La Mer’s luxurious lip balm and stained them with Le Métier de Beaute’s Color Core Lipstick in Kona. This gives the lips a bitten look. (makeupbag.net)

Attachments

• scott.jpg
    scott.jpg
    69.4 KB · Views: 2
Makeup artist Monika Blunder used Dior Beauty products on her clients Ginnifer Goodwin and Amanda Seyfried for the season premiere of HBO’s “Big Love” series last night in Los Angeles.
“I created a sheer, natural look for Ginnifer,” said Blunder. “The main focal point was on her eyes.”
Skin: DiorSkin Nude Foundation #020
Eyes: Dior 5-Colour Eyeshadow in Tropical Light #409 and DiorShow Unlimited Mascara
Cheeks: Dior Pro Cheeks in Limelight #815
Lips: Dior Addict High Shine Lipstick in Sheer Beige #220
“For Amanda, I wanted her to look very effortless,” said Blunder. “I usedCatherine Deneuve as my inspiration!”
Skin: DiorSkin Airflash Spray Foundation #200
Eyes: Dior Eye Show in Undressed Beige #622, DiorShow Unlimited Mascara and Dior Crayon Eyeliner in Elegant Taupe
Cheeks: DiorShow Powder in Catwalk Pink
Lips: Dior Addict High Shine Lipstick in Casual Beige #222 and Dior Glossy Liner in Glossy Pink (makeupbag.net)

Attachments

• amanda.jpg
    amanda.jpg
    70.1 KB · Views: 2
  • gin.jpg
    gin.jpg
    43.8 KB · Views: 3
Thuy Pham created a look for model/actress SOPHIE DAHL, who attended the
awards with musician boyfriend Jamie Cullum, a nominee for Best Movie
Score.
Eyes: Dior 5-Colour Eyeshadow in Incognito
Cheeks: DiorBlush in #553
Skin: DiorSkin Airflash Spray Foundation in #202 and Dior Capture Total
Foundation in #20
Lips: Dior Lip Pencil in Caramel, Rouge Dior Lipstick in #334, Dior
Ultra-Gloss Reflect in #147 (makeupbag.net)

Attachments

• sophie.jpg
    sophie.jpg
    84.2 KB · Views: 4
Joanna Schlip created the look for nominee CHRISTINA APPLEGATE of “Samantha Who?”
To get Christina’s look, Joanna used the following products:
Skincare: [FONT=&quot]La Mer The Mist, La Mer The Moisturizing Lotion, La Mer The Lip Balm[/FONT]
Face: DiorSkin Pure Light in Cameo and Dior Skinflash Radiance Booster Pen
in Candlelight, Physician’s Formula Organic Wear 100% Natural Origin
Pressed Powder in Warm Beige
Eyes: Dior Waterproof Crayon Eyeliner in Trinidad Black, DiorShow Mascara
in Black and Dior Brow Pencil in Blonde, Physician’s Formula Shimmer Strips
in Vegas Strip, Physician’s Formula Eye Definer Felt-Tip Eye Marker in Cool
Black
Lips: Dior Contour Lip Liner in Holiday Red, Dior Addict Ultra-Gloss in
#757 and Rouge Dior Lipstick in Red Premiere (makeupbag.net)

Attachments

• applegate.jpg
    applegate.jpg
    74 KB · Views: 0
Pati Dubroff created a “strong yet soft” look for presenter MEGAN FOX. “The
makeup is soft and monochromatic with a super shiny gold on the lid,” said
Dubroff. “The gold adds a ‘fashion statement.’”
Eyes: DiorShow Mascara in Brown, Dior 2-Colour Eyeshadow in Nude Look, Dior
Eye Show in #622
Skin: Dior Night Diamond Palette to highlight face and eyes, Dior Pro
Cheeks in Hip Peach
Lips: Dior Addict High Shine Lipstick in Nude Silhouette #214 (makeupbag.net)

Attachments

• fox.jpg
    fox.jpg
    102.4 KB · Views: 7
Sabrina Bedrani created a “healthy glow” for actress ISLA FISHER. “The
dress and the hair were very classic,” said Bedrani. “I didn’t want to do a
typical smokey eye. I wanted to keep it a little fresher, so I gave it a
Sixties flair.”
Eyes: Dior Waterproof Eyeliner in Trinidad Black, DiorShow Mascara in
Black, Dior 5-Colour Eyeshadow in Stylish Move.
Face: DiorSkin Nude Foundation and Anticerne Perfecteur and DiorSkin
Extreme Fix Powder.
Cheeks: Dior Bronze 001 Sunshine Harmonie
Lips: Dior Addict Ultra-Gloss Reflect in #617 (makeupbag.net)

Attachments

• isla.jpg
    isla.jpg
    74.5 KB · Views: 6
Monika Blunder created a “romantic yet modern” look for “Mamma Mia” actress
AMANDA SEYFRIED. “I wanted her skin to look flawless with a hint of
luminescence,” said Blunder. “On the eyes I used a subtle color with a
little edginess.”
Skin: DiorSkin Nude #022
Eyes: Dior 5-Colour Eyeshadow #775 (darkest shade) and 5-Colour Eyeshadow
in #009 (lightest color), Dior Crayon Eyeliner in Precious Violet, DiorShow
Mascara.
Lips: Dior Lip Pencil in Heather Rose and Rouge Dior Lipstick in Fantastic
Plum #874. (makeupbag.net)

Attachments

• amanda2.jpg
    amanda2.jpg
    77.8 KB · Views: 5
How did Jenna Fischer, everyone’s favorite endearing secretary on NBC’s The Office, get her sexiest look yet for last night’s 66th Annual Golden Globes?
Make up artist Brett Freedman played up her new whimsical, boho-vibe with an extended eyeliner on the eyes and a more vivid little. A little “out of the box glam” for the usual subtle Jenna. What would Pam say?
Brett used the following products to create Jenna’s look:
Foundation: LORAC Oil Free Powder Foundation in #02 (light)
Loose Powder: * magic by Prescriptives in Deep Translucent. (It has a gorgeous light reflective quality with a hint of bronze and photographs beautifully.)
Concealer: Cle De Peau Concealer in Beige.
Blush: Almay Smart Shade Blush in Natural, topped with LORAC Oil Free Illuminating Powder in Luminous on apples of the cheeks.
Eyeshadow: RIMMEL Colour Rush Mono Eyeshadow in #330 Azure, applied wet and swept over lids and blended down to a sheer finish.
Liquid Liner: LANCOME Laque Liner in Pure Black. Applied a line across the top lash line, thickening and extending out and upward for a dramatic look.
Brow Highlight Shadow: LOREAL HiP pigment powder in Restless. (I love to have a bright, crisp browbone. This champagne hued shadow looks natural yet packs a punch.)
Mascara: VANITYMARK ‘the LASH’ in Blackest. Three coats were applied to really amp up the top lashline. One full coat on the bottom to give eyes definition without overpowering the top lash line.
Faux Lashes: Kre-At Beauty individual lashes. A mix of the short (on the inner eye) and the long (for outer) in black were used to give an alluring sweep.
Body Bronzer: VANITYMARK Summerskin, applied first to ‘tone down’ the tawny shade so Jenna would have a healthy glow without being too tan. (When you’re showing that much flesh it’s good to have a nice lift of color.)
Lips: BENEFIT Pocket Pal in Benetint.(makeupbag.net)

Attachments

• jenna1.png
    jenna1.png
    427.7 KB · Views: 6
  • jenna2.png
    jenna2.png
    489.9 KB · Views: 7
Miley’s makeup was created by mark celebrity makeup artist Mai Quynh. Here’s how to get Miley’s look:
Eyes
“The inspiration for Miley’s look was young and flirty bohemian. I wanted to keep her makeup soft and golden with a touch of bronze to compliment her white and bronze floral beaded dress. On her inner eyelids, I swept mark Shimmer Cubes in Moonlight and Twilight and mark I-Mark Custom Pick Eyeshadow in Tiki in the creases. I lined the bottom of her eyes with mark I-Mark Custom Pick Eyeshadow in Tiki and then coated her eyelashes with mark Make It Big Lash Plumping Mascara in Raven.”
Face
Apply mark Just Pinched Instant Blush Tint in Nude
Sweep mark Good Glowing Custom Pick Powder Blush in Golden Glo
Lips
Apply mark Gleamstick Hook Up Lip Color in Platonic
Apply mark Glow Baby Glow Hook Up Lip Gloss in Smooches(makeupbag.net)

Attachments

• miley.jpg
    miley.jpg
    90.3 KB · Views: 3
how makeup artist Amy Oresman created her look:
Eyes:
“With eyes like Hayden’s green sparklers, who needs a load of jewelry? We amped up the brilliance of Hayden’s green eyes with Neutrogena’s newest Nourishing Eye Quad in Vintage Wine. It includes a dazzlingly deep burgundy in a powder powerful enough to act as an eyeliner, which is perfect for creating the smoky look that Hayden adores. I layered on the Vintage Wine at the lash line and doubled it in the outer corners for an extra flash of drama.”
Face:
“I love to build on Hayden’s golden look with Neutrogena Radiance Bronzer in Sunkissed. I swept it through the crease of her eye and all around her cheekbones and neck. It’s so soft and light you just cannot put too much on … so go crazy with it!”
“After bronzing, I mixed two delectable Neutrogena Soft Color Blushes — Sunny Spice and Divine Wine and applied them with a round brush in a circular motion to the apples of Hayden’s cheeks. I love layering this blush — it’s so sheer you can dust a little color in the crease of the eye to tie your look together.”
Lips:
“This year lipstick is back and Neutrogena’s are brighter and better. My favorite is Neutrogena’s Moisture LipColor in Whisper Pink for painting on the perfect pout. It goes on with just a hint of shine so it leaves your lips looking healthy and moist.” (makeupbag.net)

Attachments

• hayden.jpg
    hayden.jpg
    73.1 KB · Views: 10
^ I really don't believe that Hayden's look was created entirely with Neutrogena makeup. Not that I'm a makeup snob but I don't think that makeup artists to the stars are going to reveal the products (or at least all of them) that they use to create the particular looks...it would just ruin the mystery. It seems like a lot of them are just doing endorsements...imho

Michelle Obama's make-up artist, Ingrid Grimes-Myles, says: 'Mrs Obama's look is not an avant-garde look. She's a professional woman. Natural and polished.'
EYES: Michelle wore Jet black eyeliner by Bloom Cosmetics and Mineral Essence mineral eye shadow in merlot with lashings of black mascara.
TRY: Clinique high impact curling mascara and Bobbi Brown long-wear gel eyeliner in black ink.

LIPS: She wore Paula Dorf lip colour sheer tint in innocence. The colour is ideal for anyone who prefers a soft, natural look. Ingrid once let it slip to the Chicago Tribune that 'Michelle Obama is a fan of Mac Cosmetics.'

TRY: Mac lip pencil in mahogany, Mac lipstick in creme d'nude and lustre lipgloss in love nectar.

CHEEKS: Ingrid says: 'For women of colour, they don't really need blush. You should add it where you naturally blush.' She used Laura Geller blush and brighten.

TRY: Bare Minerals blush in hint.

BROWS: Perfectly arched eyebrows achieved with Tweezerman tweezers, brow powders and pencils.

TRY: Rimmel professional eyebrow pencil in hazel.
HAIR: Rahni Flowers, owner of Van Cleef Hair Studio in Chicago, has been Obama's hair stylist for 18 years. His lips are sealed over what products she uses, but he has created her bob by layering it, blowdrying it straight and using a light holding spray.

NAILS: Michelle's favourite nail shape is a short, clean corporate length in pink.
TRY: Essie nail varnish in allure.
(dailymail.co.uk)

Attachments

• michelle.jpg
    michelle.jpg
    19.2 KB · Views: 1
2009 SAG awards

Celebrity makeup artist Jillian Dempsey lined Kate's top lids with liquid liner (try Lancome Artliner in Noir) and followed that with a dusting of shimmery peach shadow (try Jillian Dempsey for Avon Professional Eyeshadow). Nude lip pencil and sheer nude gloss (try Lancome Color Fever Gloss in Engaging) finished the classic look.
Manicurist Deborah Lippmann polished Kate's nails with a sheer pink lacquer (try Lippmann Collection Nail Lacquer in Prelude to a Kiss) to complement her striking blue dress. (totalbeauty)

Attachments

• winslet1.jpg
    winslet1.jpg
    29.4 KB · Views: 4
  • winslet2.jpg
    winslet2.jpg
    19.3 KB · Views: 3
America Ferrera looked enchanting at last night’s SAG Awards in Los Angeles.
Her makeup was inspired by her beautiful Vera Wang beige chiffon gown, with black trim accented by a giant flower at her hip. Linda Hay wanted her make up to have a fresh and romantic feel, yet very modern to compliment the gentle nature of her dreamy gown. Therefore she decided on a very simple eye, a peachy cheek and a deep red lip.
Linda began creating her look by lightly evening America’s complexion using YSL’s Touche Eclat where necessary, around the eyes, the nose and the corners of the mouth, followed by a light dusting of powder. She then applied Shu Uemura’s “Peche” directly to the apple of the cheek for a fresh, youthful look.
For the eyes, she drew a fine line on the top eyelid with Jouer’s eye definer “Mure”. Using a large flat eye brush, Linda gently swept a shimmering white shadow from Cle de Peu’s #14 Eye Quad, across the entire lid, up and into the brow. With a smaller pointed eye brush she lined the silver shadow from the same palette to the bottom lid and from the inside corner to the outside corner of the eye. The inside of the eye was lined with Jouer’s eye clarifier “Clair”. Finally, Linda applied three generous coats of Chanel mascara to both top and bottom lashes. The brow was strong and well defined using Anastasia’s Brow Kit.
On the Lips, she used Mac Viva Glam. (makeupbag.net)

Attachments

• america.jpg
    america.jpg
    78.1 KB · Views: 1
Anne Hathaway donned a beautiful white Grecian-inspired dress with gold detail at the neckline and waist at tonight’s SAG Awards in Los Angeles. Celebrity makeup artist Kate Lee created a dramatic smokey eye by applying dark eyeliner to the upper lash line and blended it on the eyelid. To make Anne’s eyes pop, she applied several coats of Lancôme Ôscillation Mascara in Black for a faux-lash effect. Kate opted for a soft, stained pout. She applied Lancôme Le Lipstique lip liner in Sheer Natural to the entire lip, then coated the lips with Lancôme Color Fever Gloss in Seductive for a glossy finish.(makeupbag.net)

Attachments

• hathaway1.jpg
    hathaway1.jpg
    64.3 KB · Views: 7

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anka xx
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"