adidas by Stella McCartney

i love the tennis dresses and the shoes...they're just cute and comfortable...btw,i really wish that stella will join force with puma someday lol

hope thats the right place
after a while! (9mths:wink:) back to McCartney and Adidas again:

from: http://www.vogue.co.uk/vogue_daily/story/story.asp?stid=42532

BEND IT LIKE STELLA
spacer.gif
YOGIES will be jumping into their downward dog positions today as Stella McCartney reveals that she will be introducing "Gym Yoga" to her sports range for Adidas - a collaboration which is now in its fifth season. "I am so proud that this collaboration continues to grow with the introduction of yoga as a new highlight within the gym category," said Stella today. "I am thrilled that each season we are able to merge more and more performance products with style." Inspired by ballet and dance, the spring/summer collection features double-layered tank tops with deep necklines, low-waisted skinny trousers and lightweight rubber shoes, "reminiscent of Victorian boots". Our favourite piece? A glamorous leotard that brings a little "Fame!" onto the high street�Alongside Gym Yoga is McCartney's Tennis line, which includes high-waisted pleated dresses and stiff-collar shirts, designed with a masculine feel to the tailoring. New ranges hit stores later this month. (February 9 2007, AM)

Louise Roe

some photos: http://www.press.adidas.com/desktopdefault.aspx/tabid-66/
ss07_look_01_gym_yoga.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I think I'm picking some of this stuff. If I'm going to the gym, I can at least look good.

http://www.shopadidas.com/

I love her tops - they are long feel and look perfect! love the colors too.
I work out 4 times per week so I need lots of nice outfits.

I'd love to see the F/W collection.:blush:

Attachments

• pADIDAS1-3243448w345a.jpg
    pADIDAS1-3243448w345a.jpg
    10.8 KB · Views: 2
  • pADIDAS1-3243376w345a.jpg
    pADIDAS1-3243376w345a.jpg
    8 KB · Views: 2
  • pADIDAS1-3243244_pattern_w345a.jpg
    pADIDAS1-3243244_pattern_w345a.jpg
    8.2 KB · Views: 2
Stella McCartney's London 2012 Team Great Britain adidas uniforms have been shown to the public, and the reception hasn't been uniformly positive...

Apparently, you will be able to buy some of this stuff, with the cheapest item being the white wrist sweatbands at 5 pounds, and the red running shoes (worn by Jessica Ennis, below), at 212 pounds.

article01248f6ab000005d.jpg

Stella McCartney's Team GB outfit for London 2012 comes under fire
• Absence of red in outfits criticised by sports psychologist
• Wearing red has shown to increase probability of victory

Stella McCartney may have disadvantaged Team GB by failing to include more red in their outfits for London 2012. The designs – based around a deconstructed Union flag – drew a mixed reaction after they were unveiled at the Tower of London on Thursday, but were criticised by a leading sports psychologist as well as an academic who has done extensive research on the impact of uniform colour on athlete performance.
Professor Robert Barton, along with his university of Durham colleague Dr Russell Hill, co-authored a report in 2005 that showed that wearing the colour red consistently increased athletes' probability of victory. Their initial study was based around combat sports – for which competitors are randomly assigned either blue or red uniforms – at the Athens Olympics, but subsequent research has shown similar trends across a range of sports.
"Obviously she has designed these from a fashion point of view and was not taking into account the possible effects that might have on performance," said Barton of the uniforms, which are predominantly blue and white, and in most cases feature only a red trim around the collar. "Given there's an obvious justification for [including more red] and given the effects that we and other scientists have found, it does seem like a mistake."
Research into the reasons behind the colour's apparent impact are ongoing, with Barton and Hill conducting experimental studies to see if athletes' testosterone levels are affected. One German study has shown that officials may be subconsciously swayed – with judges scoring bouts significantly differently when the colours worn by athletes were digitally reversed on videos.
Either way, the clinical sports psychologist Dr Victor Thompson argued that Britain had missed a chance to give their athletes a helping hand. "When sport means so much and the outcome is often decided in millimetres or thousandths of a second, we should be doing all we can to help our athletes achieve," he said.
"I think that the GB Olympic designers may have missed an opportunity here to include more red in the design. This may have helped give the GB wearers a boost psychologically that would be reflected in physical performance – for instance, if the red increased confidence, [positive] aggression and sense that they are dominant, then they are likely to perform closer to their peak performance potential
"In addition, there may be negative effects on opponents, facing our athletes wearing significant amounts of red, where they assume a less confident and more submissive position in the sporting contests. While these effects are likely to be small, when it comes to the Olympics, the margins between gold and silver, medal and non-medal, are small.
"Outside the Olympics, Tiger Woods for years has worn red on the last day of his tournaments, and we all know how dominant he was. Was this something he learned from research, from observation or from his own experience?"
article21187091249326b0.th.jpg

guardian, dailymail

I quite like the outfits she created for the British Olympic team... maybe a little bit more red would have been nice but I think it looks pretty great. It's a pretty simple design but it looks great. After seeing these clothes I'm even more excited for the Olympics (I'm such a massive fan of them and I cannot wait)!

I think they're really cool, and I actually really like how she abstracted the flag. The amount of red seems fine, in terms of the full outfit its the same amount of red you would get if it were in the flag anyways.

I quite like what she's done. She tweeted about the criticism she's received for not using enough red and apparently her designs actually have more red in them than any GB kit since he 1980's! I find that amusing personally, seems to have just been something the media picked on to criticise without having actually ever checked..

^ I personally think it is more odd that the red has been removed from the union jack. Yes, perhaps it is a stylistic thing and it does look OK. But, the union jack is the three flags of England, Scotland and Northern Ireland represented together. So, I guess some English people may be pretty pressed as it is like the 'England' has been removed from the union jack.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rakuskoangel
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->