Stella McCartney for H&M #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
*JJ* said:
i think there were a lot of interested people, but there were like 5 h&ms in austria that carried her line and that's a lot for a rather small city like vienna (compared to london for example)

where you at the graben store? i too heard that they were the only ones that carry the whole collection, but i thought i saw the whole collection in the other stores...
maybe i'll stop by this week to see if i missed out on anything.

also, i haven't seen anybody yet wearing the stella stuff.

oh, really? i didn't know that only the graben h&m has the WHOLE collection... i was in the kärntner straße and thought they also had everything.
hmmm... maybe i will also have a stop there :flower:

Last edited by a moderator:
has anyone sucessfully traded on craigslist yet? i am in the midst of trying to do that now.

i checked my local h&m at lunchtime and there were two great returns (another XS trench and a blazer!). i scooped them both up.

it has become apparent, that i need to trade to get the stuff i want.

the knitted zip up blouson seems to be the most desired item. its going for 250+ on ebay.

*JJ* said:
true. i'm still waiting for a statement on whether or not the collection was successful overall.

don't know what the media thinks outside of hype, but I am curious what you all think aesthetically. I like the clothes, I like a lot of Stella's clothes, but they always feel to me like I will wear them like a fling--they are so now, and 80s-ish and don't feel like they want to be worn past a few seasons... which is what h&m is all about too, but I also always want to do extra things to their clothes, like the design isn't quite finished.
However, I did like that little blue silk jumpsuit, I'd wear that, the only way I'd get it is by ebay because I don't live anywhere near an h&m, and they are going for like $200! And I know it's cheap silk!

I wish I was anywhere near an H&M so I could see for myself but there is no way in heck I would go into a mob to shop. People get so weird. Women suddenly feel like spending when they really didn't want to. Topshop in Oxford circus is like this--women have grabbed in front of me on racks almost competitively with this completely possessed look in their eyes. ooh, it just drives me nuts, all that chaotic energy.

in all the stories ive read, the press seems skeptical of the hype (ie it wont improve h&m's $$ situation and it wont improve stella's situation with gucci group)

i wonder how many stores got the entire collection. maybe only 15 or so. thats sad. it seems to me that h&m could have used to this to make a lot of money and generate a lot of goodwill towards the consumer by making the items more available.

i think that every story ive read always seems to end on a quote from someone disapointed that they werent able to get something.

the disapointment seems to be palpable.

lucy92 said:
...i checked my local h&m at lunchtime and there were two great returns (another XS trench and a blazer!). i scooped them both up.

it has become apparent, that i need to trade to get the stuff i want.

the knitted zip up blouson seems to be the most desired item. its going for 250+ on ebay.

Oh yeah, the returns at my store were gone just like that. A blue wrap dress and pink tulip dress (both in 34) got employee purchased. A cashmere blend coat (44), a yellow silk camisole (38), and a white tank top (S) were supposed to be sent out, but there was demand for them.:innocent:

RoseMary said:
it's not that nobody bought them but compared to other countries it's not sold out...

or maybe in the aussies the weater is too hot for some sweaters etc...and the jackets

miss6o said:
or maybe in the aussies the weater is too hot for some sweaters etc...and the jackets

too hot? are you serious? it's so cold here (yesterday it had about 8°C) that i have to buy some gloves today! we are not australia :P

^^ oh i forgot: they said it will snow in a couple of days ;-(

opinions on the trench...

I just got the trench, in the light color, size S and it seems like every other time I try it on I either love it or hate it. sometimes I think it looks cool, sometimes I start thinking I look like a tent .. so I'm not sure if I should keep it or not.. The thing I'm not sure about is the oversized thing..It's too cold here to use it now..so will I just look stupid wearing it next spring? I can't decide!! My mom has it in the same size in the darker color so it's not like it'll be gone forever if I return it. selling it on ebay is not an opinion, i'd rather make someone walking into Hm happy findng it there for the right price.. I feel like if I keep it, it'll hang in my closet forever and I'll be really unsure using it and I rather think it should have a happy living life as a trench getting used, haha.. but then again I'll probably regret it forever if I return it, seeing people wearing etc... help!:unsure:

BohoChick said:
The collection was sold online in Scandinavia last night at midnight. I was waiting for it to happen, and I got to order everything I wanted (and more:blush:) when I finally got through the busy servers. But after 1 hour, everything except a few pieces in XS was sold out!!

Must be many tired women at work in Scandinavia this monday:lol:

lucky you! I didn't get in, and when I finally did they only had the silk jumpsuit in size 40, and I'm a 34.. I really wanted that one in black. I wore my blue jumpsuit at an event saturday and got sooo many compliments. All clothes here are gone except the embroided jacket and some tees, but I still haven't seen anyone on the street wearing the stella clothes!

therese said:
lucky you! I didn't get in, and when I finally did they only had the silk jumpsuit in size 40, and I'm a 34.. I really wanted that one in black. I wore my blue jumpsuit at an event saturday and got sooo many compliments. All clothes here are gone except the embroided jacket and some tees, but I still haven't seen anyone on the street wearing the stella clothes!

If I had known, I should have ordered one for you:wink: I actually ordered one for my sister! Icant wait to get the clothes in the mail!!!!

BohoChick said:
If I had known, I should have ordered one for you:wink: I actually ordered one for my sister! Icant wait to get the clothes in the mail!!!!

aah thanks thats so nice of you. :flower: but i'll survive with my blue one :D enjoy your clothes!!

What do you wear the jumpsuit with?

Do you have a picture? I would love to see a 'normal' person wear it! :D

pucci_mama said:
What do you wear the jumpsuit with?

Do you have a picture? I would love to see a 'normal' person wear it! :D

yes, I have some pictures and i'll try to upload them later on! :wink:

I wore it first to dinner, then I put a loose v-neck tee over the jumpsuit and wore it as silk pants/shorts and with pumps.

Then when i went out to this event I took the teeshirt/blouse-thingie off and wore just the jumpsuit with a big brown leatherbelt instead of the silk one that comes with it (that one i wore as a hairband or on my wrist) and wih brown leather boots.

so if anyone could pm me the instructions on how to upload a picture I'll do my best to put some out, showing the outfit!

RoseMary said:
oh, i'm sorry to hear that! come here to austria :P :wink:

sound like a good idea :wink: I already bought the silk shorts and the blue silk ribbon sweater on thursday. but I really would like to have the pinkish/white ribbon sweater too. ah I should've just bought it last thursday

^ah, that's great you got what you wanted. maybe go to ebay.de (not ebay.com) - i think the prices aren't so crazy there...

wir könnten jetzt alle die sachen kaufen, und an die leute verscherbeln, die nix bekomen haben.... *ggg*

no, havn't been to the one at the graben..
gonna go home this weekend and see what's left in the store in klagenfurt..

tailored coat advice

hello everyone...i absolutely :heart: the black tailored coat, but ihave a HUGE problem!!! :blush:
i'm currently in rome where H&M does not exist :censored: ...my boyriend lives in frankfurt, where the collection seems to be fully available, so i asked him to buy the coat for me!! The only question is, in which size????
From what i've read on this thread the whole collection seems to be on the big side...do you think i should stick to my size or go for a smaller one??

RoseMary said:
too hot? are you serious? it's so cold here (yesterday it had about 8°C) that i have to buy some gloves today! we are not australia :P

yeah my mistake, i was reading fast and i read australia... stupid old me...
its just that i hate how in english austria is austria and in finnish its closer to its real german language meaning (word east in it))as in österreich, correct? :smile:

sorry

Generally I am a size smaller on H&M than on other stores. This was also true of the Stella collection, since her clothes often have an "oversize" quality to them. I am European size 36/38 and I bought the tulip skirt in size 34...

However, since this is a tailored coat and not an "oversized/relaxed" fit like other items in the collection, it may be closer to H&M's usual sizing. Remember, if it's a little big you can adapt it, if it's too small you can't.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
modeket
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->