Stella McCartney for H&M #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
lucy92 said:
its from the ny times. they had a picture of the mob as well.

if you go on the craigslist ny, there are over 50 people trying to sell loads of stella items.

thanks!!:flower:

I bought some clothes on the internet today :smile: Does anyone know how the sizes are? big/small??

abbyroad said:
he he he -- that's my friend and coworker, marta, that was quoted at the end! i was one of her crazy friends brandising an excel spreadsheet (although i wasn't the one who created the spreadsheet). and in the end, it was of little help.

just out of curiosity what was the spreadsheet for?

Went to the Manchester H&M today, to see if I could find anything suitable for christmas presents. Thought it was generally quite bland. They still have things left, if anyones interested.

msminicooper said:
just out of curiosity what was the spreadsheet for?

it listed out what each of us wanted and in what sizes. we knew it would be a mob scene so we were trying to split up the work. but it was 100x crazier than we had expected so we basically had to take what we could get.

heh that is funny about the spreadsheet. i made a list myself but nothing was available on my list. ;-( bah!

the sellers on craigslist are just as greedy as the ones on ebay!

Tess said:
I bought some clothes on the internet today :smile: Does anyone know how the sizes are? big/small??

The tops are all waaaaay big....Normal Medium = Extra Small in Stella H&M. The pants and skirts are pretty much true to size.

In Sandvika, not far from where I live, all the items were sold out in 15 minutes!!
I was there the day after, and nothing was left for me!!
It kinda sucked, but I hope they'll get some clothes back soon:smile:

scara said:
I went to look for my pink tulip skirt today (didn't find one *cry*)

and guess what, in two stores I WAS THE ONLY ONE LOOKING AT THE COLLECTION!! there were masses of this beige oversized shirts with the prints on it (the same one i posted in blue) -at least 30 of them and nobody noticed

btw. a shop assistant told me that they do have the whole collection in the h&m-store at the graben in vienna!! for all our austrians -rennts alle dorthin wenn ihr noch was brauchts! *g*

furthermore i was told that they won't restock, the biggest h&m in vienna (mariahilferstrasse)

wow, i thought there are more women interested in fashion in austria....

i think there were a lot of interested people, but there were like 5 h&ms in austria that carried her line and that's a lot for a rather small city like vienna (compared to london for example)

where you at the graben store? i too heard that they were the only ones that carry the whole collection, but i thought i saw the whole collection in the other stores...
maybe i'll stop by this week to see if i missed out on anything.

also, i haven't seen anybody yet wearing the stella stuff.

I got to give it to ALL the resourceful ladies of TFS that went out in those "rough" shopping seas and came home with 'something' out of that collection. :flower:

No way, could you have paid me any kind of money to go out there. Kudos to the ladies that beat-back the ebay pirates and made off with the goods they wanted. You are not to be underestimated!:clap:

Last edited by a moderator:
I was in covent garden today and went to see what they had left. looks like someone had returned some blue jeans, size 34, there was one "stella" tee, one denim pencil skirt, loads of keyrings, loads of chainmail bags, and loads of embroidered jackets. Oh and some jeweled vest tops. That was it.

liberty33r1b said:
^wow, i really can't believe the collection did sell so poorly in Austria, people there would surely wear it, right?

it's not that nobody bought them but compared to other countries it's not sold out...

I went into my h&m today to see if they had restocked as the manager told me... they had 2 pairs of size 8 jeans, a couple of large "Stella" tee's 2 bags and about 5 of the racer bag motif tops, that was it. I bought the last bracelet for my bf's sister as a pressie. I'm guna keep checking back though.

Wore my skinnies and the teal blue silk jumper with a longer nude deconstructed Preen top underneather it, can't believe how many compliments I got! I have to admit, when I first got there on Thursday I was pretty uninspired by the collection, but I found the things that looked drab on the hanger, draped beautifully when on. Love all my items

scara said:
I went to look for my pink tulip skirt today (didn't find one *cry*)

and guess what, in two stores I WAS THE ONLY ONE LOOKING AT THE COLLECTION!! there were masses of this beige oversized shirts with the prints on it (the same one i posted in blue) -at least 30 of them and nobody noticed

btw. a shop assistant told me that they do have the whole collection in the h&m-store at the graben in vienna!! for all our austrians -rennts alle dorthin wenn ihr noch was brauchts! *g*

furthermore i was told that they won't restock, the biggest h&m in vienna (mariahilferstrasse)

wow, i thought there are more women interested in fashion in austria....

yeah, i know the store at the graben has the collection too. but also the one in kärtner straße. on saturday i was there for the second time and i tried on the skinny denim pants in sz 34 but they were too large and not very flattering.

it's not that we aren't fashionable here in austria. :angry: for my part i just can say i don't want to look like everybody else and the quality is rather poor.

JessRuthie said:
The tops are all waaaaay big....Normal Medium = Extra Small in Stella H&M. The pants and skirts are pretty much true to size.

I would agree with that. I found one of the trench coats on eBay in an extra small that was probably equivalent to a 4-6 (this seller was one of the few who had actualy pictures of her clothes and her model was 5' 6" and the xs size seemed to fit her perfectly).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velvetmuse
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->