Agent Provocateur F/W 08.09 Ad Campaign Riddles

Marchesa

Reaction score
Agent Provocateur has come up with a riddle for you to solve by looking through their campaign posters for clues, they explain it on their website:
This year the 4 campaign shoots take the format of A1 posters. The main images are reminiscent of a classic painting with a gallery of seductive single shots on the reverse.
'The Season Of The Witch' is the story for Autumn, inspired by the work of Paul de la Roche; the execution of Lady Gray - mixed with the Massacre of the Innocents by Peter Paul Rubens. Our modern day version features several UK and international beauties including Daisy Lowe and Peaches Geldof.

In the UK, AP collaborated with Pop Magazine and GQ to produce a customized limited edition poster original to each publication. The creative project has generated world wide press and will be featured in the key titles:

Café (Sweden)
La Repubblica XL (Italy)
Harpers Bazaar (Russia)
Sunday Times Style (UK)

An exciting and unique feature in this year's campaign is the inclusion of our
Mystifying virtual Challenge! Each season a new riddle will appear on our campaign poster, the clues to which must be found within the pictures. Solve the riddle and enter the word on the dedicated page on our website. If you are successful you will be invited to the next stage.

A spectacular treasure will go to one person who solves all 4 riddles.

The spectacular treasure is said to be a framed poster of the campaign poster.
I personally don't think I solved the riddle, and are hesitant in entering, but if anyone has any ideas it would be lovely if you were to post them here!

You can look at the picture and riddle here.

:buzz: sounds intresting
thanks for posting

I know it's a publicity stunt, but what a way to liven up another underwear campaign (being female, it is possible for me to see too many bras and get bored in the process).

peaches is the worst choice ever. she ruins the ad for me, i'm sorry to say.

Agreed tifa. And where has all the other undies gone from the site? I had my heart set on the one with cherries all over and its gone. It wasn't on sale or anything either!

And here's an article in The Sunday Times about the campaign:
http://women.timesonline.co.uk/tol/life_and_style/women/fashion/article4662751.ece

Agent Provocateur's steamy new campaign
Bacchanalia and bras? It must be the company's new lingerie campaign, inspired by orgies, sacrifice and classic paintings

Turn away now, puritans and prudes. The latest Agent Provocateur campaign has arrived and it’s as provocative as ever. From the brand that brought us Kate Moss’s sexual fantasies, bikes as sex toys and Maggie Gyllenhaal’s steamy LA strip, now comes the ultimate climax. Chanelling the gothic decadence of Hogarth, Caravaggio, Rubens and Delaroche’s Execution of Lady Jane Grey, it is a seething orgiastic scene of girls on top, girls on girls and boys and beasts. Peaches and Daisy Lowe, the bad girls du jour, both star, as does the flame-haired American actress Paz de la Huerta, who holds court over a sacrifice of a topless virgin, accompanied by two male cohorts — David Bailey’s Byronesque son, Fenton, and a 21-year-old albino boy named Alex. It was Alex’s first ever shoot and, according to an insider, “he had quite a surprising day”.

The dark master behind the Agent Provocateur sex show is Vivienne Westwood’s son, Joe Corré. He launched the brand in 1994 with his wife, Serena Rees, but when she left him for the Clash’s Paul Simonon in 2006, there was a power tussle. Corré won when Rees eventually agreed to sell him her half of the business. His close friend Kate Moss recently said, “A lot of people don’t dare do the things they dream about, but [Corré] just goes for it.”

You can spot Corré in the picture, surrounded by his disciple-friends as he presides over the sacrifice. “I feel artistically freer without Serena,” he admits. “This was exhilarating — it’s some of the best work we’ve ever done.” Does he find witches erotic? Of course. “Powerful women are not victims,” he says. “They’re in control, and that is very sexy.”

Inevitably, matters did get out of control. “People got overexcited,” says Corré, naming no names. “Some have an idea of what they think is sexy, but maybe they’ve been watching too much p*rn.” Meanwhile, the photographer Tim Bret-Day reckons it was a “miracle” it actually happened: “It was a free-for-all. Everybody ran rampage. These girls are so sure about their sexuality, they’re a scary bunch. We never expected Paz to put a knife to someone’s throat.”

And there’s more to come — part II, out in November, sees Alice Dellal swinging from a chandelier and Pixie Geldof and Helena Christensen in a food fight. Take it from us — this is the sanitised version.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Aza
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->