Alex Turner

Just went through the whole thread and Im swooning, absolutely obsessed with him i know im in the minority but I love the long hair, i think he looks so sexy and really goes with the dark flavor of the new album, which i cant stop playing, going to see them in 3 weeks and i feel like a teenager again, I havent been this into a band in forever.

Just went through the whole thread and Im swooning, absolutely obsessed with him i know im in the minority but I love the long hair, i think he looks so sexy and really goes with the dark flavor of the new album, which i cant stop playing, going to see them in 3 weeks and i feel like a teenager again, I havent been this into a band in forever.

haha, same with me. Last few months is like I'm in seventh heaven :blush: It's been a really long time since some band made me feel this way, but Alex sure made it happen.

2gw83kp.png

gavinwatsonsphotography.blogspot.com

just discovered arctic monkeys and i'm in love with them. all the guys are cute but alex just has a special something. i'm in love with this pic:

11metl3.jpg

alexismyturnon.livejournal.com

Ah, he's a Capricorn... clearly explains his awesomeness. (My birthday was this week too.)

Take That beat him on the best dressed list?... They are popular in the UK? I'm not familiar with them at all, beside their one hit that came out when I was in grade school.

gosh i can't believe that he is still so young - not even in his mid 20s. - last album is so grown up for them

At Shoreditch House in London last night By NADIA MENDOZA

NEVER one to shy away from a party, KATE MOSS and her pals were out in force last night to celebrate her 36th birthday.
But unlike most of us who have to put up with embarrassing uncles, the model's guestlist included boyfriend JAMIE HINCE, best pal SADIE FROST and ARCTIC MONKEYS frontman ALEX TURNER.

2mm5nnm.png

Monkey-ing around ... Alex Turner
OPTIC PHOTOS

Kate kept things simple in black and white, showing off her great legs in a pair of tiny hotpants as she boogied the night away at trendy Shoreditch House.

There was, however, no sign of an engagement ring on her left hand from rumoured fiance Jamie.

He is believed to have proposed earlier this month in Mustique after flying out to join her on a modelling shoot.

At least there is no sign of Kate slowing down as she hurtles towards her fourth decade.

She will no doubt be partying with her zimmer frame when the time comes.
www.thesun.co.uk

Last edited by a moderator:
The ‘This Is Not A Suit’ campaign rolls on, this time adding some faces you may just recognise. These pictures are part of an upcoming exhibition and focus on the ‘captains’ of each industry, whether it be music, film, sports or politics (we shudder at the thought of David Cameron making an appearance). Leap to see the rest of the pictures and don’t forget about their Tumblr. - selecticism

Looking damn fine! Posted some pics of Miles in The Last Shadow Puppets Thread.

Arctic Monkeys' Alex Turner writes soundtrack for the Richard Ayoade-directed film 'Submarine'

Arctic Monkeys' Alex Turner has written the soundtrack for an upcoming British film called Submarine.

As ContactMusic.com reports, Turner has penned a number of songs for the soundtrack, which will be mixed by Simian Mobile Disco's James Ford.

Directed by Richard Ayoade, who is known for his acting roles in TV shows like The IT Crowd and The Mighty Boosh, the actor/writer has worked with Arctic Monkeys before on their 2008 live music DVD At The Apollo, plus directed their music videos for 'Fluorescent Adolescent', 'Crying Lightning' and 'Cornerstone'.

Set to be released in 2011, Submarine is being based on the debut novel of the same name by Joe Dunthorne, and is about a 15-year old boy who is trying to lose his virginity, whilst struggling to keep his parents together.

nme.com

Finally a release date -- looking forward to this, and the film!

Sundance Sountracks Exclusive: Alex Turner's 'Submarine' songs out in March

“Submarine” certainly was a unique movie at Sundance, and with it came a similarly rare soundtrack.

Alex Turner, frontman for the Arctic Monkeys, headed up the charge with a handful of brand new solo tracks, and I can happily reveal when fans outside of film festivals can get a gander.

“Submarine” soundtrack songs will be released digtally, under Turner’s name, on March 14 in the U.K., and in the U.S. some time during the same month, exact date TBA. It will be a “completely separate release than the new Monkeys album,” a spokesperson for Domino Records told HitFix. The indie Co. behind the Arctic Monkeys’ music, published via EMI.

While its still unclear which songs will be on the as-yet-untitled set, Turner and the Weinstein company have a few to choose from: the tracks “Stuck on the Puzzle,” “Hiding Tonight,” “Glass in the Park,” “It’s Hard to Get Around the Wind” and “Piledriver Waltz” all made the cue. I smell EP.

This would be Turner’s first, ehm, turn as a solo artist, all with the help of producer James Ford (who happens to moonlight as co-founder/member of Simian Mobile Disco). But don’t think big dance-rock affairs, or warped electro-freak numbers…

Turner sticks only to acoustic guitar and piano, his young voice a good tandem to the film’s teenaged protagonist. The latter spends much of his energy trying to court – and then sleep with – his new femme fatale-istic girlfriend and attempting to make his parents fall back in love. Gooshy stuff, very British (the story’s set in Wales) and funny as hell.

Stuff that Turner excels at, in his lyrical one-liners and swing zingers, like falling in love with “the polka dots type,” and “getting a pass into heaven” and needing a wristband. The loneliness, memories and sad spying-on-your-parents montages all get an equally lovesick score, thanks to the 25-year-old songwriter’s backing. Plus he looks suspiciously similar to lead actor Craig Roberts.

Meanwhile, the Arctic Monkeys themselves already confirmed that they were on for a new album to be released in 2011, which will be the follow-up to 2009's rockin' "Humbug" (produced by Ford, also). Turner may also be working again with Ford on another Last of the Shadow Puppets project, if Miles Kane is to be believed: the singer and former Rascals frontman said last year that the group was planning on another album together, on the heels of 2008's "The Age of the Understatement."

hitfix

Me too, the film and the soundtrack have both been getting amazing reviews!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->