Alexander Wang S/S 2017 by Inez van Lamsweerde & Vinoodh Matadin

Well...I love the elevator shot. That's really gorgeous and so sexy. The house party pics are really not that interesting to me.

Ultimately, this is turning out to be too many different locations - which seems to be such an epidemic in fashion - it's never one strong concept anymore. It's always multi, multi, multi girl, too many locations, too many covers, too many images, blah, blah, blah.

Ugh, here we go again! Sex, drugs and hip hop! So basically a continuation of his last two campaigns. It started off with such a nice mood, those two images really made the really ugly clothes look vaguely interesting. The new ones bring nothing to the table. I wonder how well his brand is doing, because the clothes always look positively mediocre. Binx's outfit could probably be sourced on the high street for a fraction of the price, and it would look far better.

Wang obviously handled the casting? I&V are so thirsty for acclaim, they probably wouldn't even kick up a fuss over the casting. And yes, I'm just as fed up with this clique!

Last edited by a moderator:
I sort of like the images, although they're not very cohesive all together I agree. Still superior to a lot of recent AW campaigns. Binx looks quite stunning (and a lot more mature) in that third image above.

"mind detergent" lmao tumblr's impact

the photos are so heavy handed that they work

So are there more girls in the campaign or not?

It's fine, definitely a lot better than the last 2 seasons. The "wangover" concept is getting a bit old though...

It is cool how they are actually in the outfits they were at the party and hanging out with the same people.

Yawn. I knew exactly what the campaign would look like before I even opened this thread. Always the same old concept and it couldn't be more pretentious if they tried.

lil yatchy does nothing for these ads, im not sure why Alex thought it wold make sense to use him. that elevator shot with Binx & lexi is ruined by him.

Lexi's smile is cute. She's the standout for me.

I think the other images were cut because I commented asking when they were being released and my comment was deleted

Honestly, while I don't like it quite as much as some of his Klein-led campaigns (I&V have just really never done it for me), I do like it. There's a reality to it that grabs me. It's not polished because the people it's both imitating and speaking directly to are not polished. It's riding that line between fun and trashy because that's a line that the people he's speaking to understand and ride themselves. Even though I'm not always a fan of what he churns out, I can't knock the fact that Wang is consistently Wang. His image is consistent. His approach is consistent. This campaign is no exception.

Sidenote, there's really nothing "NY Hipster" about any of this. It's straight up neo-Yuppie party boy/girl who spends even more than they make.

Last edited by a moderator:
Good God! Hanne Gaby Odiele looks terrible, like a fashion victim. Lol. There's too much of everything going on in this shot. The batch of images posted before is enough, actually.

Oh wow, great that she got OG! Alex and Hanne's friendship has to be one of the strongest designer model bonds in the industry :heart:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roller69
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->