Alexander Wang S/S 2017 by Inez van Lamsweerde & Vinoodh Matadin

It's like a NY hipster version of their old Chloé campaigns.

This is actually a pretty cute campaign. Inez & Vinoodh have done a beautiful job here. The collection was piss poor but these are pretty chic and fun images.

It's like a NY hipster version of their old Chloé campaigns.

Lol! It does. Love the break from Klein, but I think it's far too basic. It doesn't even look like a fashion campaign at all, but I guess that's what they went for. May have worked for Vaccarello, but not for Wang

Why did they cut out Binx's head in BOTH shots? As if it wasn't bad enough that she looks like the third wheel here.....

Look at the time on pics. I think they started to show a campaign story from the end and we will see the party or event (whatever) soon. It's an interesting idea!

What bothers me more is that the people in the background are layered up because this was clearly photographed in the late Fall. Could they have had some background people dress accordingly to make it look more s/s?

^ I think it was show about a week ago. And now the campaign realesed, it was really fast!

Wow, i love it! I agree that it does look Chloé, but i still like it.

BTW, isn't that Hanne in the IG picture? Why isn't she in the campaign then?

I&V loves their people walking in the street...Cavalli, YSL under Pilati with Gisele, Vaccarello...Etc.

It's good, it represent well the brand of gross-street that is AW. The collection was mediocre at best so...

At least, it's on brand.

I always like his casts. This is the best "clique" ever...
It may not be the chicest but it is totally authentic to him, his clientele and his Tumblr, 90's nostalgic fans.

I'm surprised I&V are willing to shoot Hanne and the other models who have yet to be revealed.

Anyway, it's better than the Klein ads but it's still awful and trashy. Beyond bored by this brand and his clique.

whats bothering the most is how cold the images feel. I really like them as shots, but the colors are off. If its Spring/Summer, shouldnt the early morning of a warm summer day feel/look different? Sun-kissed girls in a cold environment is a bit strange

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm surprised I&V are willing to shoot Hanne and the other models who have yet to be revealed.

Anyway, it's better than the Klein ads but it's still awful and trashy. Beyond bored by this brand and his clique.

What do you mean? Was there some behind the scenes drama? She has always gotten along well with them in the last 10 years and they just posted a picture of her at a party the other day? Why would they not be willing to shoot her?

According to Inez & Vinoodh' Instagram the campaign was shot next morning right after Beats x Alexander Wang party last week. They are even keep their party dresses in their hands :smile:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roller69
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->