Alexander Wang S/S 2017 by Inez van Lamsweerde & Vinoodh Matadin

Hanne and John look adorable there. But Kim?! Wtf

First Hanne, now Kim! Ok, this campaign is taking a turn for the worse. I didn't even know I&V works with her...
Wang must really love these Kardashians. First Kylie, now Kim. Wonder how she felt knowing these girls can't stand her sister.

I really like all the recent campaigns of Alexander Wang. It brilliantly reflects the youth culture from NYC, with some Sex & The City vibes

Last edited by a moderator:
Are we sure this is Kim and not a random girl who looks like her? Sure if it was Kim they would have tagged her or mentioned her in the caption, right?

Actually i think Kim is the one that looks good there. Sorry!

Are we sure this is Kim and not a random girl who looks like her? Sure if it was Kim they would have tagged her or mentioned her in the caption, right?

I have read on vogue.com that she will star in this campaign along with Snoop Dogg, Drake & the others. So I guess that's her.

That dress that kim's wearing looks like something from yeezy lol

I have read on vogue.com that she will star in this campaign along with Snoop Dogg, Drake & the others. So I guess that's her.
Actually Alexander Wang said in an interview he wanted to blurr the lines between reality and fantasy with this campaign. He didn't say it clearly but vogue.com interpreted this as him using celebrity imposters in that campaign. So we can assume that Kim, Drake and Snoop Dogg didn't actually shoot that campaign.
www.vogue.com/13514028/alexander-wang-spring-2017-campaign-celebrity-impersonators/

Yeah the face looks like Kim but not the body. She has way more of a (fake) hourglass figure and bigger *** than that model.

Hanne Gaby Odiele looks terrible, like a fashion victim. Lol.

What else is new..?

People say the Kardashian look alike is instagram/kamiosman...

It started out nice with Lexi, Binx and Anna but now it's taking an awful turn.

R Kelly and Anna Ewers

Backstage

instagram/alexanderwangny

R Kelly and some Lolita incarnate, very original and random!!
Also, can we leave the mass casting to Marc Jacobs? He's the only one who does it justice time after time.

That one of her laughing would have been perfect...forget the other two

Letting R. Kelly pose with a much younger girl- how clever. Fashion people are beyond stupid and delusional sometimes.

i find the use of R. Kelly quite hypocritical, why is it that this man, who has been involved in not one, but a series of allegations of sexual misconduct with minors (one of which was only thrown out because the evidence was obtained illegally) is allowed to cozy up in a glossy fashion campaign? Terry Richardson, who has never faced any criminal charges, nor ever faced allegations of misconduct with a minor, is vilified as some kind of predator, and this guy can laugh along next to Anna Ewers for Alexander Wang and the media says nothing?

Many people are calling the brand out for glamorizing r*pe culture, not only by using R Kelly in their ads but also for this picture they posted on instagram:

Maybe i'm too open about certain things but i'm not shocked by this at all.
We are living in a very conservative era. Everybody is offended by every single thing in fashion...
Wang is just capitalizing from that. People were not offended by the mediocre collection but they will talk about this.

This is nothing new to be honest. Dolce & Gabbana did that 10 years ago...

It's quite pathetic to use R Kelly in that environment but hey, people talk! This is "supposed" to be subversive... And while it isn't, in this era, it's considered as it.

Many people are calling the brand out for glamorizing r*pe culture, not only by using R Kelly in their ads but also for this picture they posted on instagram:

Yet, people on here will still say 'oh, but this is real! Me and my friends act like this every weekend'. *extended eyeroll*

Alexander Wang (and actually, I&V) to me is the equivalent of Miley Cyrus twerking, more tacky and desperate than tongue-in-the-cheek. So ultimately there's no true point, wit or commentary being made. They'll probably cough up some vague justification such as 'youth culture', only, where does R Kelly factor into that?

I'm not offended by the images per se, I'm more offended that they're so hollow and contribute absolutely nothing to society or even pose important questions!

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vejjehejrh
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->