All About Eyebrows

at your hairdresser...
simply ask her/him...

You can use Jolene bleach. Mix according to the package instructions, apply and really work it into your brows, then watch it like a hawk. Keep checking the color every minute, and the second it looks right, wipe it off. Be extremely vigilant, otherwise you'll end up with blonde or white brows. It's best to be very conservative with the color; you can always reapply bleach later. You don't have to worry about "frying" brow hair because it's so short.

This will work well if you're looking to lighten darker brown to a light golden brown. If you want a light ash brown, you'll probably need to discuss it with your colorist.

!!!

don't do it by yourself.....
trust me...

You should leave it to an expert!:flower:
Eyebrows are too dominant on the face and lighten at home sounds very risky... :unsure:

I use the jolen cream bleach and it turns out amazing! ..and i do it myself at home i mean who really has time to go to the hairdressers everytime they only want thier eyebrows done when they can simply do it at home i have pictures of the results if u want

I used to do it too and it turned great!

I also used Jolen. Just be careful to re-spread the mix after applying it because it usually starts to come off by itself.
Then check it every 2 minutes because when it reaches the colour you want you have to remove it right away.

I used to bleach them to have a softer brown and it looks great! It smooths your facial expression and if you have lighter hair than your own natural colour, it will harmonise more the "set".

It´s really easy! Don´t be scared! :wink:

I see this is becoming a new trend..... a lot of models are doing this... i'll try to find some pictures.. :flower:

Marta Berzkalna
Before and after
Source: style.com

00250m.jpg
00100m.jpg

Mariacarla Boscono
Before and after
Source: style.com

00550m.jpg
00420m.jpg

They may go a little Orangey like Diana's there. I used to get this done for me (surprisingly few salons do this -I had to go to a suburban one in the lady's house) to match my lighter hair. I've realised lightening my hair was a bad idea so I've stopped lightening my brows. It looks good on all the people posted though. I think it didn't work for me because I am of Pakistani ethnicity and though I am not very dark, lightening to brown meant my brows didn't support my facial features like black did. Kind of the same effect as with Diana's

There is already a thread about this I think

SiennainLondon, I did do a search first and I did find the threads you posted. But my question was about lightening eyebrows to a light brown- not bleach white.

Oh, and I agree with you SiennaInLondon- I'm scared of my eyebrows going orange. Apparently it's illegal to dye eyebrows in the US but a lot of places still do it. Celebrities do it all the time and they turn out great. I got this done twice at a spa and although it was ok, they were never even. She would first bleach them blonde, and then color them with a light brown. I think the lady was too scared to get the bleach on my skin, so even though the tips were lighter, the roots were still dark brown. It looked fine once I colored it a bit with a brow pencil, though.

Basically I was just wondering if there was an easier way that would make it more even. I have a big event pretty soon so I think I will just wait until after that to test this out myself. :smile:

It is fine to get the bleach on the skin providing it is the right bleach. I am going to my beautician next week. I'll try and remember to ask her. Bleaching and then putting the right colour dye is the only way I'm afraid and you have to keep putting the dye on when it comes off. Actually I remember I have tried this with Jolen followed by a home dye and it has been fine. Just be careful not to get it in your eyes!

i like the look of thick brows on girls if that's what you were born with, as long as you avoid the earth shattering UNI-BROW! if you can pull it off with thick brows, then work it girl!

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ixtab
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->