All About Eyebrows

kalli said:
I already wrote this in the eye brow forum,I hope it helps
http://www.thefashionspot.com/forums/1837605-post363.html

castor oil? that is amazing! where did you buy it? for some reason i'm thinking that's similar to canola oil, but i know that's not right. i stole all the eyebrows in our family and my sister got hardly any. she'll be so happy to hear about this! karma for you! :flower:

I got it from the pharmacy(or drugstore I don`t know what I`m supposed to call them),it`s cheap and very effective.After a while of using it a friend of mine looked at me and said:"You have beautiful lashes,I never noticed that before".Remember you have to wait a while before seeing results,but it`s worht it I rarely use mascara now(and that`s only to curl my lashes).

Help please -dry skin under eyebrows

Hi everyone this is my first post and i would reeeeally appreciate all of your advice!
For about 6 months now i've had incredibly dry skin under my eyebrows. When i was younger i used to get dandruff sort of thing but now its like clumps of skin stuck onto my eyebrows. Ive tried picking it off but not only do my eyebrows come out with it, it just seems to come back! But if i leave it it looks unsightly and makes my eyebrows grow in a weird direction. It's really knocking my confidence cause it's making me all paranoid as i've always prided myself on having nice brows :(
The only reason i can see why this happened was because about 8 months ago i had a bit of a tough time and got a bit stressed/depressed so i wasn't taking care of my skin really. Since then they've never been the same!
Does anyone have any ideas what i can do at all? I would be so so so so so grateful! Thanks so much!
xxxxxx

u cud moisturise under your eyebrows more to get rid of the dryness/flaking? it may help if you use a good eyecream on the area as well, and definately stop with the picking, im sure thats not doing anygood!:wink: but yeah, try the moisturising thing, i use clinique all about eyes and its got a really nice texture and leaves the skin around your eyes feeling nice and smooth:D

I say go to your doctor. I read dry skin under eyebrows is not a good sign, but i can't say much because i don't remember the article. :blush: Better if you show it to an expert and if everything is all right you can continue moisturizing. :flower:

I am so happy that I am not the only one with this problem! I can totally offer some advice from experience:

First of all, are you using a topical acne treatment, such as benoxyl peroxide or salicic acid? If so, do not use it near the eye area, as it causes excessive drying. Secondly, definitely go to a dermatologist. I did this for the dryness there and I was diagnosed with some long term I cannot remember but it basically meant "very dry skin". The derm gave me these moisturizing cloths and cleanser that worked very well. Hope this helps! :D

definitely go to a dermatologist... something like this happened with me but it was due to the dandruff shampoo i was using. it was real strong and dried out other parts of my face that the shampoo got on.

Hey there. To me, that sounds like Psoriasis or a form of dermatitis. I have psoriasis of the scalp (which looks like dandruff, but isn't) and psoriasis on my eyebrows, just like you described. I've had it since birth, but can be brought on by stress - psoriasis is stress related.

I say go and see your GP.

Thanks so much for all your help everyone! You're all stars! :heart:
Ilora-Danon what did the doctor recommend you use? Not sure if i should go to the doctor or a dermatologist now... guess i'll try both!
Thanks again xxxxx

eyebrows done in seattle

best place to get your eyebrows done in seattle? thank you!

Midori said:
I say go to your doctor. I read dry skin under eyebrows is not a good sign, but i can't say much because i don't remember the article. :blush: Better if you show it to an expert and if everything is all right you can continue moisturizing. :flower:

Oo, what kind of a bad sign? I'm worried now! x

Anastasia counter at Nordstroms is always a safe bet for well-groomed brows. If you want the whole spa-experience to go with it, I recommend SkinLogic across the street from Greenlake!

Thanks for the reply! I've heard about Anastasia. I think I'm gonna try there! Thanks again. More suggestions would be great, if any one has any.

Should/How do I lighten my brows?

I have platinum blonde hair and feel awkward having brown/dark blondeish eyebrows. I bought jolen cream bleach and I'm thinking of lightening them but I'm afraid they'll turn orange. So question is,do you think it looks better for platinum blondes to have light eyebrows or darker eyebrows [I prefer whatever will make my eyes stand out more],and how long should I leave the bleach on? :heart:

kylarrae said:
I have platinum blonde hair and feel awkward having brown/dark blondeish eyebrows. I bought jolen cream bleach and I'm thinking of lightening them but I'm afraid they'll turn orange. So question is,do you think it looks better for platinum blondes to have light eyebrows or darker eyebrows [I prefer whatever will make my eyes stand out more],and how long should I leave the bleach on? :heart:

Merged with existing thread. kylarrae please use the search function prior to posting.

URIAH said:
isn't this technique covered in the aucoin books?

I was about to post the same. :wink:

In the book he covers the with some sealant and then puts over concealer on top.

I think foundation might help. Don't shave your eyebrows for sure, next day you find yourself missing them.

www.mehron.com

Or any other theatrical makeup, will have things like face putty, which you smear on the spot, you can carve, shape, or, in this case, cover up.

You could also probably hairgel your eyebrows super flat, and then put on some heavy foundation.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ebbbbty
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->