All About Eyebrows

I have very short platinum blonde hair and I want to dye it a deep brown. My natural color is medium blonde/lightbrown so my brows will be lighter. Also, I only tweeze to "clean up" my brows but they naturally grow pretty thin. DOes this castor oil thing work? Is it safe to use around your eye? Has anyone else done it? Or should I just dye my brows darker too? Is there anyway to grow dark strong eyebrows naturally or do you have to be born with them?

I was just browsing thru sephora.com and came across this ...

702601_hero.jpg
702601_sm.gif

Whether you're an over-plucker or you were born with naturally sparse brows, there's finally a way to take them from thin to full—without the help of a powder or a pencil. Nu-Brow, created by celebrity brow guru Anastasia Soare, is a breakthrough herbal treatment that enhances the fullness and density of eyebrow hair. When applied twice daily, it gives the brows a noticeable boost of enduring thickness in as little as four to six weeks.
- Jennifer Witt

new . only at sephora Anastasia Nu Brow - Brow Enhancing Serum, $35

That stuff looks pretty cool. But I dunno:unsure: . For $35 I will try some castor oil first. See what that does. Thank you for posting that though! Let us know if you try it anyone.:flower:

I have really sparse eyebrows, so what I do is use a colored powder, and just brush it on (kinda like an eyeshadow). I get it from Shiseido, it doesn't take long to put on in the mornings (though getting the hang of making both eyebrows look the same can be a little tricky) and it looks pretty natural if I don't pile in on. I strongly recommend this... I was thinking of dying my eyebrows cause I got my hair darkened but my hairdresser discouraged me. For anyone who's thinking of dying, it's probably better to try out a colored powder first. kalli, thanks a lot for the castor oil tip! I'll try that sometime in the near future...

Thanks for the tip about not dyeing brows. I normally use Body&Soul eyebrow powder but my brow itself still grows very thinly. You are right, powder is good for darkening a little and not having brows fade into the background. I think it looks more natural than pencil too because there is not real "outline". To add to your tip I'd say the secret is a good stiff tiny eyebrow brush. They make special ones for this purpose. :flower:

I actually put conditoner in my brows when I shower and just keeping them conditioned makes them look thicker and not so blah.

leyla m. said:
no no no.
get TALIKA lash thickener which you can also use on your eyebrows. its fibres meant to thicken the density :wink:

Talika really works? I've been considering it for the lashes. Is it permanent or washes off?

I wish my extra eyebrow hairs (those I have to pluck off) would grow at the tail end instead. Mine are thick but not long enough. :cry:

Yeah, if you use powder the magic's definetely in the brush. A good brush is the only way to get a natural look. Btw, what brush do you use pinksatin? I need a new one - mine came with my Shiseido compact but it's getting a bit grimy with daily use... and the bristles are so stiff and compact I doubt I can wash it.

I have learned that I will never have thick eyebrows. But I have also realised that I need to color them most at the tail, so that instead of short sparse eyebrows I now have long normal-looking eyebrows. I color every little hair at the end, even the tiniest ones. It really makes a big difference.

im thinking about just buying a cream that people use for thinning hair and just put some on my eyebrows. has anyone tried this?

^^^ I don't know about that, I haven't done it, but I'd be careful if I were you. I was considering dyeing my brows darker with my hair dye (it's a dark brown, from feria) but decided not to. When I read the package insert more closely it said don't use it to dye you brows or lashes because it may cause blindness! DOn't use things aren't your eyes that weren't made for the area. Totally not worth darker or thicker brows.:shock:

P.S. I have been using the Castor Oil and it's fine except i don't like how the skin around my eyebrows is so....well, oily.:lol: I'm afraid I'll get zits around my eyebrows. None so far though. Also, I wanted to share part of what I dreamed last night. I dreamed that the castor oil suddenly worked like a chia pet and anywhere it touched hair would grow instantly and I had like three bushy right eyebrows on my forehead and then my left eye brow was in three dotted lines over the bridge of my nose. And I was thinking, "no big deal, they're just eyebrows":blink:. Thank god it was just a dream!

Last edited by a moderator:
ballroombeliever - i think you're talking abt minoxidil. yes it can be done, use a q-tip. this one will work so long as you carry on using it, once u stop, the effects will go away.

minoxidil is the active compound. the brand names are neoxidil from galderma, regro, growell, regaine (pfizer)

there is also another compound called propecia (px only)

Bluestar07 said:
Talika really works? I've been considering it for the lashes. Is it permanent or washes off?

I wish my extra eyebrow hairs (those I have to pluck off) would grow at the tail end instead. Mine are thick but not long enough. :cry:

me too!

^ ha that scares me a little bit but it's definitely interesting. Whenever I have to color in my brows a bit towards the ends, I just remember that scene in Breakfast at Tiffany's...I justify a lot of my habits from that movie actually. :lol:

i loooev thick eyebrows - like mine! so much more attractive then those thin lines.
what i have advice is for - dont scrub too hard around your eyebrows with a face cloth or exfoliator, because they will pull out more easily.

i'm going to try "more brows" by model co. it seems like it would look much more realistic than filling in my brows with pencil. talika eyebrow extender seems like the same thing as "more brows" and is the same price.

Extra Strength men's rogaine completely grew back my eyebrows. I had an over plucking accident and my brows are so thick now.

You just Qtip on some before bed (about an hour, it takes awhile to dry) and wait. I used it for about a month and noticed a ton of hair regrowth. In 3 months, my brows were completely back to their natural state.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DangerClose
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->