All About Showrooms and Sales Reps

It's OK to ask in both threads to see if you can get new information, but please don't start a new thread if we already have one on any specific topic.

It's OK to ask in both threads to see if you can get new information, but please don't start a new thread if we already have one on any specific topic.

I didn't know there were other threads on this specific matter. That's why I apologized. Thanks for the help.

hi

Dear Lena,

I read your posts. I think ill need your advice.

not a bother at all pears and i certainly agree.. keep it away from trade fairs for now :wink:

regarding own colours, depends on the supplier, if the fabric is cheap there may be a 1000meters minimum but you may hit even a 50meters minimum if you work with expensive fabrics.
dont feel nervous for the fabric fair, try to 'take it all in' during the first day, if there are forums browse twice or more, note fabrics and fabric houses you find interesting, take lots and lots of notes, and on second & third day, visit the manufacturer's booths.
*Dont put orders straight away but only for those special fabrics that completly 'take your breath away' sampling order could be anything from 10-50 meters, for special fabrics a 50 meters order may well take you in production without needing to re-order later.
*Place final orders on the last day
*for fabrics that you are not secure/sure if you will use, ask the fabric houses to supply you with type and colourcards by mail in order to co-ordinate your collection
*make sure you have bussiness cards with the name and details of your start-up company, this is essensial.
*best way to work, is to stick with one or two fabric houses and order everything from there, this will help you built in a 'trust' and lasting relationship

feel free to ask all the questions you need, i'm always glad helping out new designers :heart:

I think its a great post...everyone suggestions are so useful...not all of us know about the nitty gritty of work but when all of us come together and discuss its a pool of knowledge..thanks every1..me and my partner have a designer label and we are already in middle east and uk. Through the showrooms we can grow more. The posts in this thread revealed so much inside information.:heart: Thanksxxxx

its easy to find the right rep IF you...
-have a product that people actually want AS OPPOSED to thinking what people want
AND
-a good quality product

no buyer will buy your crap if it's ****
dont pretend

give people what THEY want
luxury

no buyer will buy your crap if it's ****
I totally support what you're saying but if buyers never bought crap, there'd be no crap in stores now :smile:. I think it boils down to value. What the average customer perceives to be value and what you and I perceive to be value, can be worlds apart.

You can have the greatest product in the world and it still doesn't go anywhere due to any number of things. Here's a simple one, sales policies. Too many start ups make it too difficult to buy from them mostly because their orientation to the marketplace is as a consumer. Often, they graft what they expect to be wholesale policies onto their consumer experience, the only difference being quantities but this misses the buyer mindset, the whole shopping experience on their terms.

Here are three posts that will help sort some of this out:
What should my wholesale minimums be?
2 sales mistakes pitching wholesale buyers by email
Establishing wholesale terms and sales policies

I am hoping to open a multi brand sales showroom in London focusing on Australian designers that are not yet available in the UK. Does anyone know how I would go about securing these designers? I know they have showrooms in Australia and that these designers would do very well in the UK & USA look at the success of Willow, Sass & Bide etc..
What kind of incentives should be offered as cashflow may be the reason they have not used a showroom outside Australia?

Finally, how would you attract buyers and journalists, would you send out look books, attend trade shows issue press releases etc..

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Finding Sales Agents

Hi all,
I'm new to this forum so apologies if i'm posting on the wrong thread!

I wondered if anyone had any experience of using a sales agency to aid selling a new handbag brand and the types of costs that are involved? We're very new and funds are a bit tight but we need some help getting out there.

We're London based so any recommendations for agencies in the area would also be welcomed.

Many thanks

Welcome to the Fashion Spot!

We do have a few people here who have product lines who might be able to help ... if they see this.

Also ... we have an existing thread about sales rooms and sales reps .... so I'll merge your question there. Perhaps there might be some helpful information already posted.

And here's a related thread with a bit more information: tradeshows vs experienced sales rep

Last edited by a moderator:
Showrooms vs Sales Reps/ the buying calendar

Moderators's note:

Partially copied from a post in another thread, since this part of the question is applicable to this thread.

Hopefully someone can help this new member ....

Hi Everyone...

I am a new designer getting ready to launch a men's neckwear line for Fall 2015. I am looking to have my line in a showroom or hire an independent sales rep to meet with buyers.
Does anyone recommend a showroom vs road rep or vice versa?
How can I find an independent sales/road rep?
What is best for a new designer?

**Edited***

Any help would be greatly appreciated...thanks :smile:

Last edited by a moderator:
Sales Showrooms in NYC - Recommendations

Hi all,

We are a small fashion accessory maker from Europe, after almost 50 years in Europe we have decide to move into North America. We will be seeking a sales showroom in NYC. The selection of a good showroom is key to out launch. I am wondering if people could send some recommendations on sales showroom that they had a good experience with. You can PM if you wish. Thanks in advance for your help.

Cheers,

LK

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
barakz12
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->