Allure May 2009 : Blake Lively by Michael Thompson

[Piece Of Me];5621041 said:
It's too much close up. I was expecting more.

Yes, it's not what I was expecting either. It seems Allure has returned to their old cover formula of facial close-ups, after a brief interlude when they experimented with body shots and outdoor locations.

Blake Lively's asset is her hair, Allure should have made more use of it. They've tried to do something different with her, but I don't think the cover is that appealing to anyone who wants to look good.

I didn't mind the idea of her on the cover, but that really is an awful shot.

lol, I love Lara, but that is just unattractive.

ugh i guess shes pretty but obliviously she can't photograph well cause most pictures i've seen they always photoshop her to the max

I'm really looking forward to Edita's ed! She has been growing on me lately and I think she is perfect for Allure, such an amazing face!

I actually like it despite not being your usual cover it sort of fits her girl next door semi bad girl image in GG. Love the rock and roll twist on the ed too

omg...:shock:...this is one of the worst covers I've ever seen..how unfortunate.

I think Blake says it best...

“I feel like a tranny a lot of the time. I don’t know, I’m … large? They put me in six-inch heels, and I tower over every man. I’ve got this long hair and lots of clothes and makeup on. I just feel really big a lot of the time, and I’m surrounded by a lot of tiny people. I feel like a man sometimes.”

- Gossip Girl star Blake Lively tells the new issue of Allure

I'm just surprised Thompson shot this. :( Usually he makes it work, specially with nonconventional beauties.But this cover is painfully bad!

^^is that a metal cuff with a rose? does anyone know the brand? TIA :smile:

here are photos of eliza dushku, chelsea handler and padma l, sharon leal and liz collins for the "nude" editorial. (huffingtonpost via allure)

I wonder what is the point of this editorial? I mean, when the idea first came about it was about women confronting their insecurities when naked, and there was real authenticity to the shots, and it was very creative the way the celebrities had to conceal their privates, and the whole thing was truly well done... but now??? This is just a Playboy certerfol. There's nothing original, outstanding, noteworthy or interesting in the way this women are posing (except maybe...just maybe Eliza - she looks the most real) but everything else smells of FAKE... horrible

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
barakz12
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->