Allure November 2009 : Kristen Stewart by Michael Thompson

Still no news on editorial content? I'd love to have a review, because I'm not at all interested in Kristen Stewart.

Saw it today and could only flip through it quickly but Angela Lindvall has a beautiful (as usual) editorial. There was a beauty ed featuring Chanel and Siri and another ed with two models...I couldnt tell who they were though although I have seen them before...not sure if there are any more...

I really like the cover picture, but not the pink color. She is beautiful.

My Review:

*Cover: Kristen Stewart ph. by Michael Thompson, hair by Serge Normant, makeup by Dick Page, Manicure by Ashlie Johnson, Fashion Editor (FE) Paul Cavaco
with cover story Into the Deep by Megan Daum

Beauty by Numbers: Stockings by Kate Sullivan

Beauty Reporter: for anyone wondering
Look Now: Off-Center Chignons by Victoria Kirby (with Rodarte, D&G, Becki Newton, Cate Blanchett and Natalie Portman pics)
Editor's Favorites: "A rosy scent, the creamiest cleanser and a major defense against sun damage."
Allure's Face: Paula Patton by Hannah Morrill, ph. by Rennio Maifredi, hair by Ted Gibson, makeup by Vicky Steckel, FE Jarrod Lacks
The Scoop: Getting Even by Brooke Le Poer Trench w/Lily Donadlson photo; Best Sellers: Nail Polish by Kate Sullivan; Smell This: Idol Chatter by Victoria Land on Idole d'Armani
Nice Package: Smoke Signals by Kayleigh Donahue on Dior Jazzclub Palette; Skin Rx by Stephanie Tweed Jacob on Write Your Skin for a Change (book); The Women by Kate Sullivan on Penelope Cruz, Nicole Kidman, Kate Hudon and Fergie from Nine
Color of the Moment: Gold Gloss by Jessica Prince; Shopping Malle by Danielle Pergament on Frederic Malle; Magic Bullet by Lindsy Van Gelder on Avon Anew Reversalist Renewal Serum

Beauty 101: Speed Dry by Brooke Le Poer Trench on "Three easy steps for a smooth blowout in minutes" with an old Catherine McNeil picture

Home Hot List: "Sophisticated cashmere, colorful flats, a relaxing bath and a rich face cream-the essentials four stylish women crave for their homes"
Olatz Schnabel: Designer and Owner, Olatz; Celerie Kemble: Interior Designer; Samantha Boardman: Psychiatrist; Carla Sozzani: Designer and Owner, 10 Corso Como

Fashion Bulletin: for anyone wondering
Checks, Please by Michael Carl. The Muse is Glenn Close in 102 Dalmations with runway pics at Preen by Thornton Bregazzi, Moschino and Alexander McQueen
Fashion Stakeout: Megan Fox by Kate Sullivan. Think Ink inset story.
Fashion Cravings: Amazing Grays with Stella McCartney runway photo
Fashion extras: Bow Peeps

Insider's Guide: for anyone wondering
How to Wear Winter Makeup Interview with makeup artist Charlotte Tilbury; How to Enjoy Football Interview with Andrea Kramer and Ask Alllure with Particial Wexler ("How long do antioxidant serums last after they've been opened?"); How to Care for Sweaters Interview with Lindsey Wieber Boyd and Gwen Whiting with 50's Scent (50 Cent interview)

Directory: Magic Fingers, massages

Beauty and the Beat: Rio Bravo by David DeNicolo on Brazil

*Cold Comfort by Robyn Brown. Angela Lindvall ph. by Regan Cameron, hair by Franco Gobbi, makeup by Makky and FE Siobhan Bonnouvrier

*Guiding Light by Victoria Kirby. Liu Wen, Ana Leticia and Chanel Iman by ph. by Michael Thompson, hair by Serge Normant, , makeup by Dick Page, manicure by Jin Soon Choi and FE Paul Cavaco. With a featurette called School of Rock.

*Short List by Danielle Pergament. Siri Tollerod (she got her hair cut) ph. by Michael Thompson, hair by Serge Normant and color by Gina Gilbert, makeup by Dick Page, manicure by Jon Soon Choi and FE Paul Cavaco. With a featurette on preparing for a cut, and a picture lineup called Chop, Chop on models who've cut their hair.

*Face of the Future by Rebecca Mead (it is about beauty of mixed ethnicities and colors). Melissa Kurland, Victoria Brito, Alicia Thacker, Jessica Clark and Neil Robinson ph. by Marilyn Minter, hair by Jimmy Paul, makeup by Regina Harris, manicure by Sheril Bailey and FE Paul Cavaco.

*City Sirens "Tailored jackets, mannish pants, naughty boots, slick leather and hefty knits: A few concrete pieces for the asphalt jungle." Katie Fogarty and Myf Shepherd ph. by Carter Smith, hair by Diego Da Silva, makeup by Polly Osmond, manicure by Bernadette Thompson and FE Paul Cavaco.

(Celebrity Slim by Brooke Le Poer Trench on bizarre Hollywood diets with a questionnaire)

Private Eye: What is Your Biggest Fear? by Jeffrey Slonim, ph. by Patrick McMullan with Jessica Alba, January Jones, Ali Larter, Olivia Thirlby, Penn Badgley and Blake Lively, Victoria Beckham, Eva Mendes, Heidi Klum, Woody Allen, Paula Abdul and Ciara.

*editorial->important to scan

I realize that not all of this will be scanned, other than the editorials, but let me know which small features like Beauty Reporter you'd like to see and I'll try my best :smile:

You're welcome
It didn't take me as long as you'd think to do that though... I was "viewing" this thread for an hour because I'd left to get dinner and didn't log out :blush:
I'm a fast typer :wink:
Apparently my scanner requires me to have both print cartridges in for me to scan anything :rolleyes: so I'll have to start tomorrow :smile:

Even though the hype has gotten completely tiresome, I can't say that I hate seeing her on the covers she's snagged this month. The fact is that she's incredibly beautiful, and more than that, photogenic. Plus the girl can act.

That third shot of her looking downward is just gorgeous.

Wow.I feel the exact opposite. She's rather average and has no life in her eyes. She shows no range in her photos. Her acting was atrocious in Twilight.

Thanks for the review Escale. Can't wait for Guiding Light and City Sirens. I love how Allure always futures a broad array of models. LOVE

Thanks a lot for the detailed review, Escale. Now, I'm really looking forward to Angela and Siri's eds.

I'm looking forward to your scans, Escale_Cherie. :smile:

I've just received my copy of the issue, so I'll start scanning in a minute, beginning with Angela's ed.

Well, here it is and I truly hope it works. Sorry for the poor quality but my scanner isn't the best. There were some pages I didn't scan because Angela wasn't in them.

Image source: Allure November 2009; Scanned by me

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm glad I can be of help. Here's Siri's ed. She looks so incredibly beautiful, but that is just my humble opinion.

Image source: Allure November 2009; Scanned by me

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
barakz12
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->