Altuzarra S/S 2019 Paris

I'm sure Prada S/S2009 is his favorite collection...
He needs to stop with mood boards and Vogue.com and maybe draw or something.
I can see Meghan Markle wearing a lot of this (without the slit) so why not.

I think i'll never get Altuzarra but at least, it's well executed and even if he doesn't have a signature, i like the fact that he believes that that silly slit is one.

First half is a floral version of Prada S/S09. Ts tss

Its so funny that he manage to stay in PFW and PS and Rodarte don't. I thought that he would be the first to leave, but look where we are now. Its a bit sad too because he is the most mediocre of the trio IMO.
I guess that his clientele is more solid and his retailers game strong enough, IDK, its just my guest.

Was expecting for everyone to realize how he plagiarized one of Miuccia's greatest hits, not dissapointed. He really should have lifted the fabrics too, because those prints are just matronly and awful. What I liked about that Prada show was how the earthy tones made the clothes look like they were carved onto the models bodies (those composite backstage pics they used to do actually depicted some of the girls as marble statues) I will only add that the vinyl fringe is also very Prada and those belted suits with little trinkets hanging off them remind me of Céline (that accent really makes the difference) S/S 15.

So American in terms of sensibility! What is he doing in Paris??

Altuzarra is perpetually the bridesmaid in fashion. We've seen those suits and sequins in Prada, better done. We've had net dresses this season at Loewe, better done. 90% of all NY designers played with the 'off the shoulder' trend way better than this. And we've had a great commercial colour rendering at Carolina Herrera, so what's the point of Altuzarra? Yet another one with nothing much to say.

^Agree about Carolina Herrera. Chic, commercial and youthful. Everything Joseph tried to do with this show, only to fail miserably.

Its so funny that he manage to stay in PFW and PS and Rodarte don't. I thought that he would be the first to leave, but look where we are now. Its a bit sad too because he is the most mediocre of the trio IMO.
I guess that his clientele is more solid and his retailers game strong enough, IDK, its just my guest.

Even if he doesn’t have an identity, his clothes stands for something.
This is clear and doesn’t need big explanations.
His clothes can be edgy for a very conservative crowd that wants to add more sass to their aesthetic.

He dressed Meghan Markle and she add more edge to the very conservative idea of what her position expect from her.

PS and Rodarte are confused. Life is not a ball or a Tim Burton movie but it ain’t a Parody of what an art dealer can wear either.

I need to add that since the Pinault invested in this line, it has more credibility .

Imagine going to Paris just to show a mediocre collection.

I don't see it in Galeries Lafayette or any other Parisian "grand magasin". He's done great things in the past but seems to be running out of ideas these days.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cccccc
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->